Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #46
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

I'm going all out. 10-6. NFC East champs. 4-2 in the division, dropping one to the Giants and one to the Eagles...sweeping Dallas. Only the tough AFC North opponents hamper our record, but they'll beat up on all of the NFC East teams.


Lose the NFC championship after one win, back better than ever next season. 2014 SB champs in YR3 of RG3.

Griffin is ROY, Pro Bowl alternate after some starters make up injuries to get out of it. He'll outproduce Cam Newton and Michael Vick, his two most-frequent comparisons.

10 wins for #10.

Think I'm crazy? Deal with it.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster

Last edited by Monkeydad; 07-23-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #47
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I'm going all out. 10-6. NFC East champs. 4-2 in the division, dropping one to the Giants and one to the Eagles...sweeping Dallas. Only the tough AFC North opponents hamper our record, but they'll beat up on all of the NFC East teams.


Lose the NFC championship after one win, back better than ever next season. 2014 SB champs in YR3 of RG3.

Griffin is ROY, Pro Bowl alternate after some starters make up injuries to get out of it. He'll outproduce Cam Newton and Michael Vick, his two most-frequent comparisons.

10 wins for #10.

Think I'm crazy? Deal with it.
I don't think you are crazy. I am tempted to make similar predictions. But I am trying not to drink too much koolaid before camp even starts. I've been burned before.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #48
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I don't think you are crazy. I am tempted to make similar predictions. But I am trying not to drink too much koolaid before camp even starts. I've been burned before.
This, and again - This. Given that we had a 5 int game, and a 10 sack game, plus several other losses due in the most part to less then stellar QB play, and given the team went 3-1 with Rex playing ok, I think the improvement RGIII is expected to bring will let other pieces that have been berated (OL, WR corp) finally take a step up. BUT, I have drank the Koolaid so many times that even Jim Jones won't serve it to me. So let's see how Griff and the team do for the first year, then next year I will be ready to drink again.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This, and again - This. Given that we had a 5 int game, and a 10 sack game, plus several other losses due in the most part to less then stellar QB play, and given the team went 3-1 with Rex playing ok, I think the improvement RGIII is expected to bring will let other pieces that have been berated (OL, WR corp) finally take a step up. BUT, I have drank the Koolaid so many times that even Jim Jones won't serve it to me. So let's see how Griff and the team do for the first year, then next year I will be ready to drink again.
Freakin' hilarious CRed.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #50
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I don't think you are crazy. I am tempted to make similar predictions. But I am trying not to drink too much koolaid before camp even starts. I've been burned before.
This. I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet. And I don't expect a Newton-like year from RG3 either. I am thinking somewhere in the 8-8 range, with ups and downs. Secondary will be one of the downs.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #51
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I don't think you are crazy. I am tempted to make similar predictions. But I am trying not to drink too much koolaid before camp even starts. I've been burned before.
I originally typed 11-5 before remembering we have Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincy this year.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #52
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This. I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet. And I don't expect a Newton-like year from RG3 either. I am thinking somewhere in the 8-8 range, with ups and downs. Secondary will be one of the downs.

Why not?

Griffin is faster, smarter and has a better arm. Newton had ONE competent WR to throw to. Without Steve Smith, newton would have no one. He has a better O-line than RG3, but Griffin can run out of trouble just as well or better and has a better stable of RBs in my opinion.

He should AT LEAST match Newton's numbers, but I'd expect far fewer mistakes (INTs) and a better completion rate.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #53
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,592
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Where is aceinthehouse? He have us at 16-0 with SB trophy.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #54
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Hey, it COULD happen!


The Browns could do it too, since it's only July.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,232
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Can he come close to Cam Newtons rookie numbers?

Comp - 310
ATT - 517
21 TDs
17 Ints
4051 passing yards
706 rushing yards
14 rushing TDs
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #56
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Why not?

Griffin is faster, smarter and has a better arm. Newton had ONE competent WR to throw to. Without Steve Smith, newton would have no one. He has a better O-line than RG3, but Griffin can run out of trouble just as well or better and has a better stable of RBs in my opinion.

He should AT LEAST match Newton's numbers, but I'd expect far fewer mistakes (INTs) and a better completion rate.
All of Griffin's attributes are debatable, but my key reason for not drinking the kool-aid is the fact that he's a rookie qb. Newton is not the benchmark for which all rookie qb's should be judged by, as far as I'm concerned he's the exception, at least until seasons like the one he had are commonplace for a rookie qb. Newton also had two elite running backs in the backfield, and a wr who has stepped his game up when he has a decent qb under center. I hope the same can happen with Moss but I'm not holding my breath.

Long story short, I really hope RG3 proves me wrong, but if he played average to above-average football this year I won't be suprised. I don't expect him to be Jimmy Clausen 2.0, but I think he'll have his growing pains.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #57
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,495
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Can he come close to Cam Newtons rookie numbers?

Comp - 310
ATT - 517
21 TDs
17 Ints
4051 passing yards
706 rushing yards
14 rushing TDs
He'll have less INT's, less rushing td's, and less passing yards by about 500 yards. I'm optimistic that he can have td/int ratio of 2:1 with more than 500 yards rushing. His yardage wont match Cam because he will only play 14 games.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #58
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

We should also be utilizing the running game more and not playing from behind as much.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #59
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Why not? [Griffin having a Newton like year]
This strikes me as a rhetorical question.
Keep in mind I consider myself an objective fan and my answers will be likewise objective.
Also, remember that I'm one of the few that believes that Griffin is/was a better prospect then Luck.
With that preamble in place, flame suit on...

Quote:
Griffin is faster, smarter and has a better arm. Newton had ONE competent WR to throw to. Without Steve Smith, newton would have no one. He has a better O-line than RG3, but Griffin can run out of trouble just as well or better and has a better stable of RBs in my opinion.
Faster? Yes.
Smarter? Who knows? Booksmarts don't matter, football smart is all I care about we're not talking rocket science here afterall look at Terry Brandshaw or Phillip Rivers.
Better arm? I'll say its even, but that because I'm a homer.
You ask me objectively I say Cam.

Receivers? Griff
OL? Panthers by far.
RBs? Panthers by far.

Goaline running/scoring threat?
Offensive coaching staff embracing the spread/read option concepts?

Quote:
He should AT LEAST match Newton's numbers, but I'd expect far fewer mistakes (INTs) and a better completion rate.
I actually agree that Griffin could match Cam's passing numbers because judging by Kyle's first 2 season Griffin could set the rookie record for passing attempts.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #60
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Expectations for Griff and the 2012 Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
We should also be utilizing the running game more and not playing from behind as much.
I wholeheartedly agree. But expect this 2012 Redskins team to put more points on the board. If the defense can stiff the opposing offense to 13/15 points a game, then the Redskins can be a 11-5 or even a 12-4 team.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28831 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25