Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #181
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Jim Harbaugh cons replacement refs out of two extra challenges | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Classic. Refs didn't know you need a timeout to challenge a play, and he granted Jim Harbaugh not one, but two free challenges because Harbaugh conned him into it. Smart.

And I'm going to follow that one up with this one:

Matt Schaub loses piece of ear on illegal hit | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

That link has a picture of his ear in there, that's pretty nasty. The hit in question was a helmet-to-helmet hit too. That sucks.
mooby is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #182
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Jim Harbaugh cons replacement refs out of two extra challenges | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Classic. Refs didn't know you need a timeout to challenge a play, and he granted Jim Harbaugh not one, but two free challenges because Harbaugh conned him into it. Smart.

And I'm going to follow that one up with this one:

Matt Schaub loses piece of ear on illegal hit | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

That link has a picture of his ear in there, that's pretty nasty. The hit in question was a helmet-to-helmet hit too. That sucks.
I stopped counting the number of helmet-to-helmet hits today. It was ridiculous.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #183
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I stopped counting the number of helmet-to-helmet hits today. It was ridiculous.
I didn't count, but only because I felt like I didn't have enough fingers and toes to keep track of them.

Also, ESPN had a decent summary of all the bad calls today.
mooby is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #184
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

I don't understand how coaches like Belicheat and even our own Shanny don't take the complaints to their owners and ask for the ref lockout to end.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #185
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,028
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I don't understand how coaches like Belicheat and even our own Shanny don't take the complaints to their owners and ask for the ref lockout to end.
I've thought that coaches must be doing that but owners must not be listening. But who knows.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #186
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
After no flag on that DHB hit, and that letter being made public, Id wager we'll see the replacement refs back either next week or the week after. This has got to stop.
The play before, Streater took a headshot and was down for a while.

The dirty teams like the Steelers and Rams are pushing the limits with these replacement refs. They're testing them to see what they're able to get away with, disregarding what the rules say. They might get fined later but during the game, if it's helping them win, they'll still do it.

It's putting players at risk. There's nothing resembling safety in the league as long as the replacement refs are here.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #187
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

I think its great the refs are actually allowing them to play footbal and make a few hits. Now the other stuff is stupid but the hitting has been great.
firstdown is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #188
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

The refs aren't "allowing them to play", they simply don't know how to correctly call an NFL game.

Big difference.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #189
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,011
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The refs aren't "allowing them to play", they simply don't know how to correctly call an NFL game.

Big difference.
Exactly. And this hit isn't "allowing them to play" it's dangerous and dirty and exactly the kind of potentially life altering shot the the NFL claims it's trying to eliminate. To not even throw a flag here is completely inexcusable.


__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #190
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,143
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

From this angle, it looks like Baltimore missed that FG Sunday night, and Ravens fans say as much at the end of the video: barstoolsports.com viva la stool Missed Field Goal - YouTube
SouperMeister is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #191
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
From this angle, it looks like Baltimore missed that FG Sunday night, and Ravens fans say as much at the end of the video: barstoolsports.com viva la stool Missed Field Goal - YouTube
perspective is screwed up in that video. You need to see a side shot, along with that one to actually position the ball the moment it is in the plane of the goal post.

For me though with the advancement of photography, it seems like every goal post ought to have 2 cameras with a wide angle lens and a circle of the post overlaid on it. In this case you could frame by frame it, and see how the ball crosses. I would hope that if it was so wide as to not be in the video, then the refs could make the call. But that might be hoping too much.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #192
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,132
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

last night was atrocious
__________________
Leader of the Avy boycott until this organization makes smarter choices.

R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #193
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Exactly. And this hit isn't "allowing them to play" it's dangerous and dirty and exactly the kind of potentially life altering shot the the NFL claims it's trying to eliminate. To not even throw a flag here is completely inexcusable.



A few months ago we were having a discussion on here about ST21 and how we wont see another vicious hitter like him anymore because of all the player safety rules. But I was thinking this morning that if ST21 was still alive he would be an absolute nightmare for NFL teams with the kind of hitting the replacement refs are allowing.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #194
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,143
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
A few months ago we were having a discussion on here about ST21 and how we wont see another vicious hitter like him anymore because of all the player safety rules. But I was thinking this morning that if ST21 was still alive he would be an absolute nightmare for NFL teams with the kind of hitting the replacement refs are allowing.
Take a look at the YouTube videos of Sean, and while he was a devastating hitter, he was not a head hunter. Almost all of his greatest hits were led by a shoulder to the sternum, with my all time favorite being the hit on Patrick Crayton at the end of the Monday Night Miracle in Dallas (should have been ruled a fumble!!!)
SouperMeister is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #195
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Replacement refs: The story the NFL wants to keep quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Take a look at the YouTube videos of Sean, and while he was a devastating hitter, he was not a head hunter. Almost all of his greatest hits were led by a shoulder to the sternum, with my all time favorite being the hit on Patrick Crayton at the end of the Monday Night Miracle in Dallas (should have been ruled a fumble!!!)
Good point. And yes it was a fumble.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27710 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25