Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #61
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,653
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayroc24 View Post
I am glad the whole team had a game like this, it will re focus them on getting better. With that being said, we all know there is major issues when half of your O-line is missing. Also we (fans) all need to take into account that we do not know what the game plan was for the game. The coaches may have just wanted to see how the team would react to certain situations. RG3 is still a rookie and he needs time to develop, if everyone starts calling for his head after playing 3 quarters of football this team will always be in last place.

No one likes to lose, but that is not why they play the preseason games, if it was the first string would stay in. Give the team time to gell, The Redskins are in year 3, How long has Lovie been the coach for the Bears? It takes time guys, it will get better!
Maybe they wanted to see how the fans would react to a piss poor performance. They should know the answer to that by know.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #62
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,163
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

our first team defense looked like trash. offensive line looked like trash (again)
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #63
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,653
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Our defense has major holes in the defensive backfield and that Jim Haslett is a POS coordinator. If I could fire him right now I really would.
LOL!! We are guaranteed to lose 10 games cause Hasslett will lose 6 games by himself. And Kyle will screw up at least 4. Paging Alvin Walton!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #64
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I thought RG3 would make our Oline better? Is that not happening? Strange
I know right?
Had to chuckle at this post because I remember people actually making this argument.
It was okay not to prioritize the RT position in the offseason because Griffin would automatically make them better.

But, jokes aside I think the answers to a passable OL rest on the second unit.
I admit I'm partial towards Willie Smith but objectively to my eye I thought he was the best OL out there yesterday.
At the very least I think he deserves to be evaluated with the 1st unit.
I think LeRib deserves that chance too.
Gettis after having a good game against the Bills, looked to regress last night especially in pass pro.

Trent-Hurt-Monty-LeRib-Willie Smith
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #65
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,584
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

For anyone saying that RGIII looked like a rookie, can you specify? Not being a dick, just curious because he was fairly accurate on almost everything. Not only that, we haven't had someone with that type of scrambling ability ever. I think if there was anything "rookie like" was him potentially underestimating how fast NFL players are. The guys in the booth noticed it and I agree. Still, so refreshing to see someone that young keep his eyes down-field trying to make a play.

Now, next week if we lay an egg for the game teams supposedly game-plan for, then I'll be getting a little nervous.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #66
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,353
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Well well....I see we are all back down to earth now.
I certainly am.
I sure hope Bob G and Mike S are.
Now lets get to work.
And efff the Bears.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #67
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,693
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

As far as the qb's go, how come RG3 only got 8 attenpts this week and 6 last week? That's a complete joke. Yet we see the other rookies getting 20 attempts. Seems like the Shanahan's are babying RG3. Call some 5-7 step drop backs, max protect and let the kid sling it around. Cousins was just a stud out there. He looked like a NFL QB. Joe T. was saying how much better he's looking in practice and it sure showed last night. He was throwing with accuracy and authority.

WR position is a log jam. Don't see how Banks, AA and Austin make it.

O-line and secondary are the flawed positions and they showed us that last night.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #68
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,163
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
As far as the qb's go, how come RG3 only got 8 attenpts this week and 6 last week? That's a complete joke. Yet we see the other rookies getting 20 attempts. Seems like the Shanahan's are babying RG3. Call some 5-7 step drop backs, max protect and let the kid sling it around. Cousins was just a stud out there. He looked like a NFL QB. Joe T. was saying how much better he's looking in practice and it sure showed last night. He was throwing with accuracy and authority.

WR position is a log jam. Don't see how Banks, AA and Austin make it.

O-line and secondary are the flawed positions and they showed us that last night.
i was happy to see griff play the entire first half.

any word on the number of wrs they will keep?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #69
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,189
Griff got hit which is a great thing imo, especially on the sack fumble , he won't be saying the bears d was easy I can assured u that lol.. I love the kid he's going to be an ELITE qb in 3 years.. cousins is trade bait after this season .
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #70
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,287
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

I think the play of our 2nd and 3rd string guys really shows the great depth we have built and are building. Coming back 20 some points in the second half shows the guys gotta lotta of fight.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #71
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

-RG3 actually didn't play a bad game in my opinion. Two of the sacks he had no control over and the fumble play was hardly his fault with a blind man coming right at him. He had one bad throw (Niles Paul has to catch that checkdown pass), but otherwise had a composed game and was just getting more and more involved as it went on. Encouraging stuff from a rookie QB in his second game.

-Cedric Griffin was a joke from day one. I remember criticizing this signing and getting a lot of heat for it, because it was a "low risk signing". Look when you sign a guy who was one of the worst CBs in the league last year to go along with the already incompetent DHall.. You'll have a problem. Hopefully they do what's right and cut him NOW instead of waiting.

-Our oline was horrible. Fortunately the pressure was coming from the right side most of the first half and we already know that our second team is starting at LG, RG and RT. Still hated Monty in this game. He was essentially getting pushed back on every play.

-Kirk Cousins looks eerily similar to John Beck. Fortunately he isn't completely incompetent as a quarterback and looks to be paving his way for a trade in the coming years.

-The runningbacks can't be judged from this game. Alfred Morris was impressing just to get a yard on certain plays. The run blocking seemed to get worse and worse in the first half.

-Ryan Kerrigan was terrific all night and all signs lead to him having a monster year. (I think he's better than Orakpo going forward and have been saying this since the day we drafted him).
__________________
One of Canada's two Redskins fans.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,203
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

my one and only real thought is that cutler cut up our secondary like it was butter, it was my biggest concern coming in to this season and looks like it will remain that way. i really hope morris can get them playing together better.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #73
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
-RG3 actually didn't play a bad game in my opinion. Two of the sacks he had no control over and the fumble play was hardly his fault with a blind man coming right at him. He had one bad throw (Niles Paul has to catch that checkdown pass), but otherwise had a composed game and was just getting more and more involved as it went on. Encouraging stuff from a rookie QB in his second game.

-Cedric Griffin was a joke from day one. I remember criticizing this signing and getting a lot of heat for it, because it was a "low risk signing". Look when you sign a guy who was one of the worst CBs in the league last year to go along with the already incompetent DHall.. You'll have a problem. Hopefully they do what's right and cut him NOW instead of waiting.

-Our oline was horrible. Fortunately the pressure was coming from the right side most of the first half and we already know that our second team is starting at LG, RG and RT. Still hated Monty in this game. He was essentially getting pushed back on every play.

-Kirk Cousins looks eerily similar to John Beck. Fortunately he isn't completely incompetent as a quarterback and looks to be paving his way for a trade in the coming years.

-The runningbacks can't be judged from this game. Alfred Morris was impressing just to get a yard on certain plays. The run blocking seemed to get worse and worse in the first half.

-Ryan Kerrigan was terrific all night and all signs lead to him having a monster year. (I think he's better than Orakpo going forward and have been saying this since the day we drafted him).
A. I agree on everything u said about both griffins.. Cedric is a scrub.. our secondary plain out sucks! Hall is our only decent db.. Wilson sucks to imo.

Kirk cousins is a very good QB, I liked the pick when we drafted him just because he is trade bait. Anyone who thinks he's in our plans to start is crazy unless Griffin goes down.

I love kerrigan dude is a baller, and yes I will agree I'm starting to think he's better than rak.


Oline is bad other than Trent Williams whom again showed y he's so good, he pushed Peppers around at times last night.

Running backs are all avg guys imo, none will scare anyone this year. Maybe helu maybe

Overall this team will be better much better but not a playoff team just yet
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #74
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
...I think if there was anything "rookie like" was him potentially underestimating how fast NFL players are. The guys in the booth noticed it and I agree. Still, so refreshing to see someone that young keep his eyes down-field trying to make a play.
There was a play where Griff stumbles then gets tackled by Isreal Idoneje (sp?) and Joey T said something about Griff not being able to run away from the guys in the NFL.
I completely disagree, if Griff doesn't stumble/slip he was off to the races no one was gonna beat him to the edge.
Griff is gonna be able to out run most of the defensive players he faces.
He's just gotta be more aware of the bodies around him and protect the football.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #75
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am pretty sure the 91 team went 0-4 in the preseason. Good coaches use the games to learn what their players can, and cannot, do, and plan their regular season accordingly.

Looking forward to next week now!
And Spurrier went 4-0 so go figure. All of it is meaningless until the Skins suit up for the regular season.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29809 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25