Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cut Predictions

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #46
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Cut Predictions

Yeah we have Chris Wilson whos been playing great and Rob Jackson whos the best backup on the team and Markus White who flashes some great speed...tough because we can't keep all 3..only 2
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #47
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,554
Re: Cut Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think you'll see a couple of big names cut tomorrow. Give those vets a chance to catch on elsewhere
Hopefully there is a cornerback out there we can bring in.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #48
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Cut Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Here or around the NFL? Because if it's here... Uh ohs!
Here (and around the NFL).

Cooley's benefitting from injuries to other players

I'm not sure Markus White makes the roster. A surprise cut tomorrow could be Willie Smith
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #49
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,808
Re: Cut Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Here (and around the NFL).

Cooley's benefitting from injuries to other players

I'm not sure Markus White makes the roster. A surprise cut tomorrow could be Willie Smith
White is eligle for the PS? I like White's potential, someone will claim him if cut.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #50
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,939
Re: Cut Predictions

I like Cooley. Don't get me wrong if there was no such thing as a salary cap i would not want to get rid of Cooley at this time.
But $5M for Cooley? That is a tough decision. If a decent CB or OT or Safety became available, but we could not go after them because of lack of cap space, it would be tough to reserve $5m on a back up TE, when we have other pressing needs. Especially with the way Paulsen and Paul are playing. Just saying....
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #51
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Cut Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I like Cooley. Don't get me wrong if there was no such thing as a salary cap i would not want to get rid of Cooley at this time.
But $5M for Cooley? That is a tough decision. If a decent CB or OT or Safety became available, but we could not go after them because of lack of cap space, it would be tough to reserve $5m on a back up TE, when we have other pressing needs. Especially with the way Paulsen and Paul are playing. Just saying....
We don't free up 5MM by cutting Cooley. We'd only save about 1MM becuse we'd take a 4MM cap hit. So our decision is not if cooley is worth 5MM, but 1MM and if the available cb or ot or safety who wed sign for 1MM was better for the team. Just sayin...
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #52
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Cut Predictions

Pretty sure you've got the $1 million and $4 million backwards
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #53
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Cut Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Pretty sure you've got the $1 million and $4 million backwards
Not according to the numbers on this site. 4MM release fee
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #54
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Cut Predictions

That's a bit outdated it seems

Pondering Cooley's future - Washington Times
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #55
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Cut Predictions

Jammal Brown anyone? Don't be surprised if the Redskins part ways with him. That hip of his will never get better. Mike Shanahan has to realize that by now.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #56
Registered User
 
44 goes 50 gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 79
Re: Cut Predictions

Well I was clearly wrong about Cooley. Doesn't make much sense, in the overall scheme of things this looks like short sighted wishful thinking at best.

Shanahan's excuse about wanting to give him a chance to be a starter somewhere else... how to put it...

Smoke up ass?

That might have flown for the heyseeds in Denver but not here. Skins fans have to be savvy enough to know that cutting a guy after week three of preseason, is not giving him a chance to latch on as a starter elsewhere. Yeah he might get on as a backup somewhere. But the only worse time to cut a player you supposedly "care about" would be um... well no it would be anytime now to next week.

Personel wise, they took possibly the only deep roster position where its not uncommon to keep 4 players, and make it one of the teams weak spots. And the wishful thinking; Paul has looked borderline in routes, bad in blocking and very undersized. Davis did nothing this preseason to make me believe he's improved his poor blocking. And if he can't learn how to go up and get jump balls, he's not going to become the elite TE that his athletic ability would seem to suggest he should be. Forget about being one toke from a season long suspension. They basically have two TE's and an experiment on the roster. only one of them can block worth a Damn.

This and the Cundiff move are both kinda head scratchers. And appear to be a little regression since the seeming improvements after the bad Mcnabb and Brown trades. If you wanted to free up the money you make the move months ago.... if you want him to have a chance to start elsewhere you do it months ago.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #57
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Cut Predictions

If Detroit is looking for a RB, Skins got 'em...
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #58
Registered User
 
CapitalDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 325
Re: Cut Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post
Well I was clearly wrong about Cooley. Doesn't make much sense, in the overall scheme of things this looks like short sighted wishful thinking at best.

Shanahan's excuse about wanting to give him a chance to be a starter somewhere else... how to put it...

Smoke up ass?

That might have flown for the heyseeds in Denver but not here. Skins fans have to be savvy enough to know that cutting a guy after week three of preseason, is not giving him a chance to latch on as a starter elsewhere. Yeah he might get on as a backup somewhere. But the only worse time to cut a player you supposedly "care about" would be um... well no it would be anytime now to next week.

Personel wise, they took possibly the only deep roster position where its not uncommon to keep 4 players, and make it one of the teams weak spots. And the wishful thinking; Paul has looked borderline in routes, bad in blocking and very undersized. Davis did nothing this preseason to make me believe he's improved his poor blocking. And if he can't learn how to go up and get jump balls, he's not going to become the elite TE that his athletic ability would seem to suggest he should be. Forget about being one toke from a season long suspension. They basically have two TE's and an experiment on the roster. only one of them can block worth a Damn.

This and the Cundiff move are both kinda head scratchers. And appear to be a little regression since the seeming improvements after the bad Mcnabb and Brown trades. If you wanted to free up the money you make the move months ago.... if you want him to have a chance to start elsewhere you do it months ago.
Its tough to cut a fan favorite, there was never going to be a good time to cut Cooley. Period. Most people cant see that because they are a fan, but this is a business and Cooley was never going to be a part of this rebuilding process. When RG3 is ready in a couple of years to take this team to the next level, Cooley was not part of the plan. The same could be said for Santana Moss....if we could find a younger slot guy??? Who knows???
CapitalDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #59
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Cut Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalDefense View Post
Its tough to cut a fan favorite, there was never going to be a good time to cut Cooley. Period. Most people cant see that because they are a fan, but this is a business and Cooley was never going to be a part of this rebuilding process. When RG3 is ready in a couple of years to take this team to the next level, Cooley was not part of the plan. The same could be said for Santana Moss....if we could find a younger slot guy??? Who knows???
Your first sentence says it all.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27132 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25