Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #76
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

When can we claim slaton since he was released today? Tomorrow at noon?
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #77
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Cooley will land in NE why not?? Lol
Dear God dont let this happen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #78
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,285
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

I would want Cooley to go to.NE or Denver. All the shit he put up with while in Washington and Snyder/Cerrato era. He deserves a ring.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #79
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,756
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzzFan View Post
Possibly making room for a Chris Cooley signing??
I think Winslow and Cooley both have the same problem.


Quote:
There were moments in Cleveland when Winslow's fierce athleticism alone helped the Browns create matchup problems for defenses, but he's not that player today. Multiple operations to Winslow's battle-worn knees raise questions about his future in the NFL.
Kellen Winslow released by Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #80
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,135
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Its been a while since I have posted on warpath so Im ready for some football. I like the WR Corp we kept on the 53 man roster. I believe we had to keep Desmond Briscoe because all he does he makes TD's and has nice size. AA has speed but is hurt to often and Austin just did not flash like Robinson has this preseason. As for Banks he is a wild card factor in the offense and a nice return man who can go the distance at any given time. Kudos to the coaching staff on putting together this roster. We do however need our O-line to remain healthy and the #2's most be ready to step up when called upon. I like the way OG Hurt has played in the preseason for Kory L. The RB's are nice complentary to one another. They all have a different style which will make it harder for the defense to game plan for us. I think Royster will start with Roy coming in on 3rd downs. Morris maybe our short yardage back. I hope fullback Young can stay healthy he is a great lead blocker and receiver out of the backfield. Defense looks fast and hungry. HTTR
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #81
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think Winslow and Cooley both have the same problem.




Kellen Winslow released by Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com
That and the money
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #82
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Mjd finally shows up
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #83
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Mjd finally shows up
He better hope the team waives the $ 1M+ in fines.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #84
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
He better hope the team waives the $ 1M+ in fines.
Said on the radio that the team was waiving the fines. My question is does that against their cap?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #85
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Said on the radio that the team was waiving the fines. My question is does that against their cap?
Fines do not count against the cap.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #86
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Its been a while since I have posted on warpath so Im ready for some football. I like the WR Corp we kept on the 53 man roster. I believe we had to keep Desmond Briscoe because all he does he makes TD's and has nice size. AA has speed but is hurt to often and Austin just did not flash like Robinson has this preseason. As for Banks he is a wild card factor in the offense and a nice return man who can go the distance at any given time. Kudos to the coaching staff on putting together this roster. We do however need our O-line to remain healthy and the #2's most be ready to step up when called upon. I like the way OG Hurt has played in the preseason for Kory L. The RB's are nice complentary to one another. They all have a different style which will make it harder for the defense to game plan for us. I think Royster will start with Roy coming in on 3rd downs. Morris maybe our short yardage back. I hope fullback Young can stay healthy he is a great lead blocker and receiver out of the backfield. Defense looks fast and hungry. HTTR
Yes it has welcome back
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #87
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,793
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
He better hope the team waives the $ 1M+ in fines.
I really hope they don't.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #88
Registered User
 
44 goes 50 gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 79
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I really hope they don't.
Why? Who can blame any NFL player trying to get paid more when teams are so avid to use them up and throw them on the trash heap, even if they're fan favorites?

The teams don't have to abide by their own contracts except for guaranteed money... Why should players be bothered to?

I think the next CBA players should hold out to break non-guaranteed contracts. Might not be best for the game (because it would lower competition for roster spots and that would be a shame), and it definitely wouldn't be best for owners who can basically discard any player the moment they've used them up, but it would be the right thing for the players.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #89
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,793
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post
Why? Who can blame any NFL player trying to get paid more when teams are so avid to use them up and throw them on the trash heap, even if they're fan favorites?

The teams don't have to abide by their own contracts except for guaranteed money... Why should players be bothered to?

I think the next CBA players should hold out to break non-guaranteed contracts. Might not be best for the game (because it would lower competition for roster spots and that would be a shame), and it definitely wouldn't be best for owners who can basically discard any player the moment they've used them up, but it would be the right thing for the players.
I don't have a problem with him holding out. But he should face the consequences of doing so.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #90
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,756
Re: Official Cuts from Around the NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't have a problem with him holding out. But he should face the consequences of doing so.
So what consequences do the owners have when they cut the player before the contract is up?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43571 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25