Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Chris Cooley Released

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #196
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Chris Cooley Released

I liked the 5th potential destination best
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #197
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Chris Cooley on Joining the Cowboys


"I don't think so, But a lot of people do things for money."
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #198
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,895
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Some have been saying Broncos. I guess it makes sense -- childhood team, great QB, fairly young TEs.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #199
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Some have been saying Broncos. I guess it makes sense -- childhood team, great QB, fairly young TEs.
I just explained this to my 4 year old when he told me he wants to play for the Redskins when he grows up. The teams pick you...you don't get to pick your team.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #200
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,895
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I just explained this to my 4 year old when he told me he wants to play for the Redskins when he grows up. The teams pick you...you don't get to pick your team.
I've heard there is mutual interest.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #201
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,939
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Anyone been watching Hard Knocks????

Funny how we are so emotionally about thsi league and it's players yet some of the players Ryan Tannehill in particular can't even tell you what division each team is in. He even had trouble with conferences!

Basically don't get to attached to this guys some are their just for the paycheck not to bring glory to your home team.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #202
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Chris Cooley Released

I heard it on the radio, don't have HBO. Hilarious.

He thought the Chiefs were in the NFC East and the Giants were in the NFC North!

I know watching a game or two growing up isn't a prerequisite for being a pro QB, but this really has to worry Miami about his mental capacity,

Glad we drafted the smartest QB in the draft. Yes, even smarter than Mr. Stanford.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #203
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,115
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Anyone been watching Hard Knocks????

Funny how we are so emotionally about thsi league and it's players yet some of the players Ryan Tannehill in particular can't even tell you what division each team is in. He even had trouble with conferences!

Basically don't get to attached to this guys some are their just for the paycheck not to bring glory to your home team.
Yeah I thought that was really odd. Guess he didn't grow up a big fan of the NFL.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #204
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,115
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I heard it on the radio, don't have HBO. Hilarious.

He thought the Chiefs were in the NFC East and the Giants were in the NFC North!

I know watching a game or two growing up isn't a prerequisite for being a pro QB, but this really has to worry Miami about his mental capacity,

Glad we drafted the smartest QB in the draft. Yes, even smarter than Mr. Stanford.
I doubt they're worried about that. He plans on being an orthopedic surgeon after football. 34 on the wonderlic too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #205
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,283
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Heard it on the radio too...jaw dropping to me. I had basics like that figured out by like twelve-thirteen. Im sorry but Tannehill sounded like an idiot.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #206
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,939
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I thought that was really odd. Guess he didn't grow up a big fan of the NFL.
Well to be fair....he grew up in small town Texas. College football and High School football are pretty king there so I could see focusing on those vs. the NFL.

I grew up in New England and college football is pretty foreign to me because no one really was into it up there. I have trouble naming every conference in CFB.

With that said RT is a professional now he should take the time to know the basics about his employer (NFL).

Also last time I checked IQ is not determined by your NFL trivia knowledge, just say'n.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #207
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 657
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Heard it on the radio too...jaw dropping to me. I had basics like that figured out by like twelve-thirteen. Im sorry but Tannehill sounded like an idiot.
The guy was probably only worried about the team he was on his entire life, now he's finally made it and has to catch up.
__________________
One of Canada's two Redskins fans.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #208
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Yeah, Tannehill is a pretty smart guy. His intelligence is not a problem. He just surprisingly did not learn much about the lay of the NFL land.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #209
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,059
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I heard it on the radio, don't have HBO. Hilarious.

He thought the Chiefs were in the NFC East and the Giants were in the NFC North!

I know watching a game or two growing up isn't a prerequisite for being a pro QB, but this really has to worry Miami about his mental capacity,

Glad we drafted the smartest QB in the draft. Yes, even smarter than Mr. Stanford.
That TE that was basically a crash test dummy took getting cut pretty hard. In every blocking drill he was getting tossed around like a rag doll. Also the Vonta Davis trade really shows how cut throat the NFL is. He must be bitter going from Miami to Indy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #210
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,939
Re: Chris Cooley Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
That TE that was basically a crash test dummy took getting cut pretty hard. In every blocking drill he was getting tossed around like a rag doll. Also the Vonta Davis trade really shows how cut throat the NFL is. He must be bitter going from Miami to Indy.
Only thing he should be bitter about is going from the warm climate of MIA to Indianapolis. Team wise they are both in the crapper.

Funny how he wanted to call his Grammy right away. You forget some of these guys are really young.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30047 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25