Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sundberg's been placed on the new IR, and the Redskins officially announced the signing of Justin Snow
Nice. Any inside scoop and "discussions" with Cooley?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,811
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sundberg's been placed on the new IR, and the Redskins officially announced the signing of Justin Snow
So do we have to wait until week 8 to get him back or is it 8 weeks from the date you put him on the new IR? Either way, glad we get the ability to take him off the roster for 8 weeks and then put him back on.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #18
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Has to miss the next 8 weeks of games, nothing new on Cooley
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #19
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Wait so isn't it everyone goes to IR if they're injured. If their not that injured, theres one player that can go on IR and come back right? So are we wasting that one spot on a LS?
Not sure I follow what you're asking
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #20
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Yes. And yes
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #21
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Out for 5 weeks with a broken leg..lol
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post


So when Orakpo or London or Trent Williams or someone like that breaks their leg and is out for 5 weeks we're just screwed then in terms of giving up their roster spot to someone else and putting them on this special new IR..which we used that 1 time thing on a freaking LS...wow
Well I mean I guess they could assume someone else
could get hurt just enough to miss significant time yet return during the season (though you chose some odd examples), but right now no one else did and they had to make a decision on Sundberg
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Nick Sundberg, man among men, heard arm click, kept snapping | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
What I'm asking is this:

Theres always been IR, which is a player gets injured and put there and cant return for the rest of the season.

Now theres this new IR, which I heard is when a player gets injured but gets the designated to return tag on him. I also heard that only once in the whole season can you use the 'designated to return tag' once.

So my questions are; Is it true you can only use that once? And if its true that you can only use it once, did we just use that on a freakin LS?
The baddest mo-fo long snapper on the planet.

Totally worth it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I mean I guess they could assume someone else
could get hurt just enough to miss significant time yet return during the season (though you chose some odd examples), but right now no one else did and they had to make a decision on Sundberg
Chances are good that Oakland may have scooped Sundberg up if we released him, and other teams too.

He's a quality longsnapper. It's a position we forget about and take for granted. We only notice these guys when they screw up...so when you have a good one like we do, you hang onto him.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #26
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Chances are good that Oakland may have scooped Sundberg up if we released him, and other teams too.

He's a quality longsnapper. It's a position we forget about and take for granted. We only notice these guys when they screw up...so when you have a good one like we do, you hang onto him.
That's a good way to put it.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #27
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
What I'm asking is this:

Theres always been IR, which is a player gets injured and put there and cant return for the rest of the season.

Now theres this new IR, which I heard is when a player gets injured but gets the designated to return tag on him. I also heard that only once in the whole season can you use the 'designated to return tag' once.

So my questions are; Is it true you can only use that once? And if its true that you can only use it once, did we just use that on a freakin LS?
LOL when you put it that way it kinda seems like a questionable decision...but it'll be alright we've faced that reality forever.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #28
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,423
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Sorry Red Snapper. It would appear you have been replaced.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: Redskin's Star Tasered Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Sorry Red Snapper. It would appear you have been replaced.
had to go back read this again

Ethan Albright’s letter to John Madden about being the lowest rated player in Madden Football
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24793 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25