Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Release Josh Morgan or else....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #76
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Morgan's temper isn't his problem, it's that he doesn't have a head for the game and at this point in his career very unlikely to develop. Don't really buy that Finnegan had much to do w/ the outburst either...Morgan was reacting to himself from the same play. When he caught that ball had he turned inside and upfield a 1st down was a near certainty. Instead his (bad) instinct was to head toward the sideline, maybe because he was thinking about the clock, but the thing is if you don't get the first down the clock doesn't matter.

I think it's very obvious why SF (who is awesome good btw) didn't mind seeing Morgan go. Sure he's got the physical skills to be a starter, but he doesn't have the mental focus/football IQ.
Woah, woah, woah they actually wanted to resign him but didn't have the money to sign a guy who got hurt over a other guys like Carlos Rogers and Ahmad Brooks who didn't get hurt, whom they needed to resign. So its not like SF didn't want him and wanted him to go somewhere else..

Josh Morgan Reportedly Set To Sign With Redskins, 49ers Getting Worse At WR - SB Nation Bay Area
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #77
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Woah, woah, woah they actually wanted to resign him but didn't have the money to sign a guy who got hurt over a other guys like Carlos Rogers and Ahmad Brooks who didn't get hurt, whom they needed to resign. So its not like SF didn't want him and wanted him to go somewhere else..

Josh Morgan Reportedly Set To Sign With Redskins, 49ers Getting Worse At WR - SB Nation Bay Area
But, but, but they found the money to go out and sign Manningham lol! I think Harbough and san fran play it classy by saying they would have liked to keep Morgan. Did they make a real effort? Nope...

I'm not saying we cut him. Benched for a game certainly, although how do you bench a player for basically emulating the head coach? Mike didn't maintain his focus, and players followed suit.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #78
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
But, but, but they found the money to go out and sign Manningham lol! I think Harbough and san fran play it classy by saying they would have liked to keep Morgan. Did they make a real effort? Nope...

I'm not saying we cut him. Benched for a game certainly, although how do you bench a player for basically emulating the head coach? Mike didn't maintain his focus, and players followed suit.
Didn't manningham go to san fran for less $$$ than morgan did here?
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #79
Camp Scrub
 
ArcticRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
But, but, but they found the money to go out and sign Manningham lol! I think Harbough and san fran play it classy by saying they would have liked to keep Morgan. Did they make a real effort? Nope...

I'm not saying we cut him. Benched for a game certainly, although how do you bench a player for basically emulating the head coach? Mike didn't maintain his focus, and players followed suit.
Excellent point. I WAS impressed how Fischer kept his cool when his team got a rash of bad calls early in the game. He never once lost his cool. In the second half of the game when the bad calls started to go our way, Mike was so red I thought he was going to have a heart attack.
ArcticRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:53 AM   #80
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Didn't manningham go to san fran for less $$$ than morgan did here?
Sheesh, and I thought I was being hard on our coaches/FO today!! lol

To think we could have had Manningham...ahhh fudge!
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #81
Camp Scrub
 
RedskinsParadigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

There is quite a bit of overreacting to the Josh Morgan outburst. Yes, it was inconceivably stupid, but he's still a very good and valuable player for this offense.
RedskinsParadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #82
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Morgan definitely pissed me off, but let's not jump the gun here. He's still going to contribute to the team, he just needs to have a sit down with some players. I mean he should know to control himself, but all game things were happening (not that it makes it right).

What pisses me off almost more is the fact that he decided to turn around, rather than just running and falling for the first down. Had he done that, none of the other stuff would have happened.

I understand trying to make a play happen, but in that type of situation, that late in the game you MUST go forward. Plain and simple.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #83
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRed View Post
Excellent point. I WAS impressed how Fischer kept his cool when his team got a rash of bad calls early in the game. He never once lost his cool. In the second half of the game when the bad calls started to go our way, Mike was so red I thought he was going to have a heart attack.
Thank you.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #84
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This is a dumb thread!! Morgan is not the first NFL player to make a bonehead play and won't be the last, he will redeem himself in the future. You should change your thread to get rid of Danny Smith and Jim Haslett instead.
If this was a D Hall thread you'd be all about this...

But yeah this and the "can we sweep the east" thread really highlight how stupid fans can be. Horrible mistake by Morgan, but I would be very disappointed if they cut him
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #85
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,198
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Josh Morgan should have known better. Maybe the coaches might reduce his playing time in favor of Dezmon Briscoe. I'm surprised that Briscoe hasn't played one down on offense in the first two games.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #86
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If this was a D Hall thread you'd be all about this...

But yeah this and the "can we sweep the east" thread really highlight how stupid fans can be. Horrible mistake by Morgan, but I would be very disappointed if they cut him
Yeppers.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #87
Special Teams
 
WilbursHomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 319
I think we'd all feel better if someone got canned. Can we hire back Cerato and turn around and very Publicly fire him so we can relax.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #88
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Skeletor! Is that you?!
I'm getting a lot of shit for starting this thread, and i deserve it. But this response was definitely my favorite. haha, love it.

P.S. I was drunk.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #89
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,025
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
Morgan definitely pissed me off, but let's not jump the gun here. He's still going to contribute to the team, he just needs to have a sit down with some players. I mean he should know to control himself, but all game things were happening (not that it makes it right).

What pisses me off almost more is the fact that he decided to turn around, rather than just running and falling for the first down. Had he done that, none of the other stuff would have happened.

I understand trying to make a play happen, but in that type of situation, that late in the game you MUST go forward. Plain and simple.
Yes sir. Morgan was stupid twice over: (1) not going north-south and (2) throwing the ball.

You still don't cut him, though.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #90
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Release Josh Morgan or else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Moss had a false start. Cut him too.
Good point, but where would we come up with 6 receptions and 60 yards he's given us so far through 2 games?
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39021 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25