Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #61
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

I just watch the NFL network replay and this is what I saw:

Lots of cushion by the DB's
Griffin the CB had a bad game
Rams OL got away with lots of holding
Refs were horrendous
Tackling by the defense in general was horrendous lots of mistackles
No anticipation by the defense on lots of plays (bad coaching)
Fred Davis dropped like 3 balls
Robinson dropping the deep ball (something was mentioned by the lights on the dome causing it)
Blocked punt changed the game
No one covering on Mulligan's TD in the endzone
easy 2 pt. conversion given
Overall the skins were in the game, a bonehead play by Morgan, a bad decision to go for a 62 yard field goal after initially looking like they were going for the first down.

Next week they kick ass on the Bengals.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #62
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I just watch the NFL network replay and this is what I saw:

Lots of cushion by the DB's
Griffin the CB had a bad game
Rams OL got away with lots of holding
Refs were horrendous
Tackling by the defense in general was horrendous lots of mistackles
No anticipation by the defense on lots of plays (bad coaching)
Fred Davis dropped like 3 balls
Robinson dropping the deep ball (something was mentioned by the lights on the dome causing it)
Blocked punt changed the game
No one covering on Mulligan's TD in the endzone
easy 2 pt. conversion given
Overall the skins were in the game, a bonehead play by Morgan, a bad decision to go for a 62 yard field goal after initially looking like they were going for the first down.

Next week they kick ass on the Bengals.
Thanks Alot for the recap. I had almost blocked (no pun intended) most of it out of my mind. Lol. Agreed about next week.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #63
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Regardless of how bad he was doing you never change play calling mid game. In the 2nd game of the season! This is clowntown status if true.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #64
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,925
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
Back in February, or whenever he told that person about the Redskins going after RGIII, he put the last nail in his coffin. From what I remember they brought in Morris to get an understanding of the 3-4 with Haslett, and they'd fire him at the end of the season.

From what I'm also hearing, Haslett never got an extension, story is false.
Well I don't believe that at all. I have serious doubts that Shanny would come out and bold face lie about an extension for his DC. That's really hard to believe.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #65
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,227
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Jim is that you?
No it's not. It's a realistic fan. I'm not defending Jim Has. I'm simply stating what happen against the Rams.

You want to rush your best Pass Rush... IE - Rak and Kerrigan, now put together all of our active secondary, and remember that they are human beings, and not robots so they need breathers etc. Now put together a scheme that involves having your best Pass rushers on the field, and a solid secondary...

When they come out in 4 WR's which they did almost 70% of the game. You cant throw all 4-5 DB's in Man coverage. You need a zone over top.. So who do you put man on in the secondary w/o pulling Rak or Kerrigan to do so? Would lay on Riley, and Fletcher to cover slot's, and TE's.

Now, would I of started putting Hall on there biggest threat in the slot in man, and work coverages around? Sure, it sounds simply but most defenses are run around scheme's and coverages.. If you are running a Cover 2 Tampa, then you can just say.. Hey, let's man up on the slot, and leave a hole in the zone.

Redskins were caught off gaurd from the sleeper slot WR this game, and never recovered because we didn't have the man power to adapt without crippling our pass rush even more.. We switched to our deepest DB set when Rak got a hurt a few times, and pulled Jackson which resulted in Bradford changing the play at the line and the RB running through holes as big as a truck.

One of our biggest issues against the Rams was Gholston getting abused, and the lack of pass rush because of Bradfords quick releases.

All the blame doesn't go on our DC. It can be evenly distributed to our secondary talent, depth, injuries, Haslett, and other factors..

Bottom line is we can't stop many people atm with our defense the way it is, and won't be able to stop many teams that have speedie slot WR's.

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ Green had 200 yards receiving this week.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #66
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
No it's not. It's a realistic fan. I'm not defending Jim Has. I'm simply stating what happen against the Rams.

You want to rush your best Pass Rush... IE - Rak and Kerrigan, now put together all of our active secondary, and remember that they are human beings, and not robots so they need breathers etc. Now put together a scheme that involves having your best Pass rushers on the field, and a solid secondary...

When they come out in 4 WR's which they did almost 70% of the game. You cant throw all 4-5 DB's in Man coverage. You need a zone over top.. So who do you put man on in the secondary w/o pulling Rak or Kerrigan to do so? Would lay on Riley, and Fletcher to cover slot's, and TE's.

Now, would I of started putting Hall on there biggest threat in the slot in man, and work coverages around? Sure, it sounds simply but most defenses are run around scheme's and coverages.. If you are running a Cover 2 Tampa, then you can just say.. Hey, let's man up on the slot, and leave a hole in the zone.

Redskins were caught off gaurd from the sleeper slot WR this game, and never recovered because we didn't have the man power to adapt without crippling our pass rush even more.. We switched to our deepest DB set when Rak got a hurt a few times, and pulled Jackson which resulted in Bradford changing the play at the line and the RB running through holes as big as a truck.

One of our biggest issues against the Rams was Gholston getting abused, and the lack of pass rush because of Bradfords quick releases.

All the blame doesn't go on our DC. It can be evenly distributed to our secondary talent, depth, injuries, Haslett, and other factors..

Bottom line is we can't stop many people atm with our defense the way it is, and won't be able to stop many teams that have speedie slot WR's.

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ Green had 200 yards receiving this week.
Well if you blame Haslett (even partly) than what could he have done because according to your stance on things he simply had no options?
I do not think that we are the least talented or leAst deep secondary in the league and i do not think you will see danny amendola have a game like that ever again so i am going to say again that the scheme was piss poor.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #67
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
No it's not. It's a realistic fan. I'm not defending Jim Has. I'm simply stating what happen against the Rams.

You want to rush your best Pass Rush... IE - Rak and Kerrigan, now put together all of our active secondary, and remember that they are human beings, and not robots so they need breathers etc. Now put together a scheme that involves having your best Pass rushers on the field, and a solid secondary...

When they come out in 4 WR's which they did almost 70% of the game. You cant throw all 4-5 DB's in Man coverage. You need a zone over top.. So who do you put man on in the secondary w/o pulling Rak or Kerrigan to do so? Would lay on Riley, and Fletcher to cover slot's, and TE's.

Now, would I of started putting Hall on there biggest threat in the slot in man, and work coverages around? Sure, it sounds simply but most defenses are run around scheme's and coverages.. If you are running a Cover 2 Tampa, then you can just say.. Hey, let's man up on the slot, and leave a hole in the zone.

Redskins were caught off gaurd from the sleeper slot WR this game, and never recovered because we didn't have the man power to adapt without crippling our pass rush even more.. We switched to our deepest DB set when Rak got a hurt a few times, and pulled Jackson which resulted in Bradford changing the play at the line and the RB running through holes as big as a truck.

One of our biggest issues against the Rams was Gholston getting abused, and the lack of pass rush because of Bradfords quick releases.

All the blame doesn't go on our DC. It can be evenly distributed to our secondary talent, depth, injuries, Haslett, and other factors..

Bottom line is we can't stop many people atm with our defense the way it is, and won't be able to stop many teams that have speedie slot WR's.

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ Green had 200 yards receiving this week.
And also its not like bradford is a threat to run so make him beat you by making throws into tite coverage atleast and forget about pressure pressure pressure. I mean it took all of 3 seconds to see the zone was not working. Was a game of can rak get to sam before sam throws to danny. Any other dc would have laid off and said ok were going to make you earn those yards by throwing into coverage atleast. Even if you give him time to do so by rushing three it is better than what haslett did. We kept giving them ten or twelve yard passes to a wide open guy and they kept taking it. Haslett was being so damn stubborn. The rams must have been laughing to themselves.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #68
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,227
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well if you blame Haslett (even partly) than what could he have done because according to your stance on things he simply had no options?
I do not think that we are the least talented or leAst deep secondary in the league and i do not think you will see danny amendola have a game like that ever again so i am going to say again that the scheme was piss poor.
Contradiction...

We are one of the least "deep" and talented in the league, and you may not see Amendola have a better game then this because there are better secondary's that'll be able to man up and jam him off the line.

Haslett didn't have many options.. I don't know what he could of done besides play man across the board, and hope for the best. Even then, I don't see Riley being able to man up on the slot all game.

If it was ME. I would of brought in Crawford to man up Amendola in rotation w/ Hall and run a Over Man at the top. Still wouldn't of stopped the quick throws, but at least we could made Bradford think about it.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #69
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
Back in February, or whenever he told that person about the Redskins going after RGIII, he put the last nail in his coffin. From what I remember they brought in Morris to get an understanding of the 3-4 with Haslett, and they'd fire him at the end of the season.

From what I'm also hearing, Haslett never got an extension, story is false.
See I had always thought Haslett's original deal was thru '13
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #70
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Contradiction...

We are one of the least "deep" and talented in the league, and you may not see Amendola have a better game then this because there are better secondary's that'll be able to man up and jam him off the line.

Haslett didn't have many options.. I don't know what he could of done besides play man across the board, and hope for the best. Even then, I don't see Riley being able to man up on the slot all game.

If it was ME. I would of brought in Crawford to man up Amendola in rotation w/ Hall and run a Over Man at the top. Still wouldn't of stopped the quick throws, but at least we could made Bradford think about it.
My point was that we arent the worst secondary in football and amedola wont have a game like that against lesser ones. Therefore it is hasletts fault and i agree with having hall / crawford rotate in slot and playing man across board. Haslett though stuck to his guns for far too long.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #71
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,242
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I just watch the NFL network replay and this is what I saw:

Lots of cushion by the DB's
Griffin the CB had a bad game
Rams OL got away with lots of holding
Refs were horrendous
Tackling by the defense in general was horrendous lots of mistackles
No anticipation by the defense on lots of plays (bad coaching)
Fred Davis dropped like 3 balls
Robinson dropping the deep ball (something was mentioned by the lights on the dome causing it)
Blocked punt changed the gameNo one covering on Mulligan's TD in the endzone
easy 2 pt. conversion given
Overall the skins were in the game, a bonehead play by Morgan, a bad decision to go for a 62 yard field goal after initially looking like they were going for the first down.

Next week they kick ass on the Bengals.
We've been talking all week at work about this, the block punt WAS the most important play in the game. In fact, the RG3 Int was the second most important play in the game. The Aldrick Robinson drop the 3rd. The Morgan play is over rated and everyone been pointing to it. Cundiff was not a gurantee to make the game tieing kick.

Just going back and looking at the plays, we committed a ton of errors on the field. Take out the block punt, RG3 Int and the Robinson drop, we probably win 13-17 points minimum and were not crushing Haslett all week.

This is still a young team, trying to come together as a group. Gotta give it a lil more time.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #72
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,500
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We've been talking all week at work about this, the block punt WAS the most important play in the game. In fact, the RG3 Int was the second most important play in the game. The Aldrick Robinson drop the 3rd. The Morgan play is over rated and everyone been pointing to it. Cundiff was not a gurantee to make the game tieing kick.

Just going back and looking at the plays, we committed a ton of errors on the field. Take out the block punt, RG3 Int and the Robinson drop, we probably win 13-17 points minimum and were not crushing Haslett all week.

This is still a young team, trying to come together as a group. Gotta give it a lil more time.
I agree with you. The blocked punt was the biggest play, not some of the others that people are talking about. Take away that play and we likely come home with a W.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #73
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

Redskins gave Jim Haslett a contract extension | ProFootballTalk
Apparently Haslett and Danny Smith were recently signed to extensions
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #74
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Did Shanny Strip Haslett of Play Calling vs Rams?

I' m still vacationing and still don't have reason to believe this story is true
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #75
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,309
Im Not nearly in the know as smootsmack and if they were recently signed to contract extensions than i can only assume snyder has bought vinny back into the fold.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33192 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25