Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL- Week 3

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #316
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
tmi.me - HTTR24_7: 212-450-2027 R

212-450-2027 RT“@chris_worthy RT: Clay Matthews just posted Goodell's private number on Facebook

LMAO
That's his office number
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #317
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That's his office number
That number doesn't work anymore anyways, even if that was his true office number we all knew it'd get shut down pretty quickly.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #318
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

I'm not surprised its been changed. Thanks Clay! No I don't have Goodell's number anymore
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #319
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,530
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Desmond bishop‏@Desbishop55: BREAKING -JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions.

Desmond bishop‏@Desbishop55: “@ShakySmithson: Man if they put them replacement Refs on Madden 13 I swear to God I won't touch a game system anymore”

Desmond bishop‏@Desbishop55: Another bad call!! Wish I had my shock collar remote..

Bishop Fanatic‏@packfansince89: Here's my impression of the Commish tomorrow "You have 987057287520845620397420 voice mails.. *beep* are you sure you'd like to delete all?"
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #320
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,530
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

More good stuff:

Brian Hartline@brianhartline: I had to check my TV Guide bc for a sec I thought I was watching Punk'd... I was just waiting for Ashton to pop out...

darren rovell@darrenrovell: How much was this game potentially worth to the Packers? Hosting a home playoff game is worth $2 million.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #321
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,497
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

People need to realize that the refs aren't calling up to the replay booth.

Here's what really happened:

__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #322
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,801
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

I think the saddest part about this replacement ref debacle is that you don't have a Denny Green, Herm Edwards, or Jim Mora Sr. coaching in the league. I am sure one of those guys would go f'ing ape sh*t in a presser if they had to deal with some of these shenanigans.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #323
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,479
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3



The Lingerie Football League Announces That It Fired "A Couple Crews Which Apparently Are Now Officiating In The NFL" Because Of Incompetence



Quote:
Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #324
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,929
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I thought that was because it was owners against players with Roger and the owners against Demaurice smith and the players union (Foxworth, Saturday, etc)

I think refs are a different case, because they're a whole other union and aren't owned by the players or the owners, their owned by the league office which is roger.

I read a peter king column a few weeks back talking about this and peter said something along the lines of "...if the NFL won't budge on signing these referees then an upset owner like Jerry Jones may just go ahead and say 'here roger let me just cut them a check and get this over with', because he doesn't want his team losing over these officials..."
You invalidated your argument with "...peter king..."

He is an idiot who understands nothing. Seriously.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #325
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,515
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

LOL!!!! Why am I NOT surprised?
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #326
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Once again, Roger Goodell is a disgrace for leading the NFL into this situation. Cant believe this guy has a job.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #327
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,146
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

I couldn't imagine being a Packers fan right now. I missed the end of the game last night but I was absolutely shocked when I saw what happened this morning.

Does anyone still think the replacements refs are no big deal? Can we please stop with that nonsense now?

It was only a matter of time before these refs blew a game like this.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #328
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,479
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Some funny stuff this morning.


NFL Replacement Ref ‏@ObliviousNFLRef

Hungover. What happened last night?



Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7

Allen Iverson: "We're talking about refs. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about refs, not a game, but we're talking about refs."

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #329
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,479
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I thought that was because it was owners against players with Roger and the owners against Demaurice smith and the players union (Foxworth, Saturday, etc)

I think refs are a different case, because they're a whole other union and aren't owned by the players or the owners, their owned by the league office which is roger.
Roger can't do shit without approval of the owners. The one thing he has free reign on is fines/suspensions. He can't approve of any type of contract with any union without the owners signing off on it. He already knows what the owners will approve or not approve. He isn't going to bring some weak agreement in to the owners for them to vote on it. He's simply doing their bidding. Just face the facts, these owners care more about money then they ever do about the game. It's a cold hard fact my man. Get used to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Once again, Roger Goodell is a disgrace for leading the NFL into this situation. Cant believe this guy has a job.
Another one? Why are you blaming Goodell? No reason. Blame the owners. THEY are the cause of this, not Roger Goodell. You can blame him for fines and suspensions though.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #330
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,497
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Once again, Roger Goodell is a disgrace for leading the NFL into this situation. Cant believe this guy has a job.
Goodell is not the one leading the NFL into this situation, it is 2 parties, the owners and the NFLRA, both more focused on their business model/future, than the actual product on the field this year. Is that necessarily a bad thing, no, does it make the product on the field much much worse, yes.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37143 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25