Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL- Week 3

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #331
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I thought that was because it was owners against players with Roger and the owners against Demaurice smith and the players union (Foxworth, Saturday, etc)

I think refs are a different case, because they're a whole other union and aren't owned by the players or the owners, their owned by the league office which is roger.

I read a peter king column a few weeks back talking about this and peter said something along the lines of "...if the NFL won't budge on signing these referees then an upset owner like Jerry Jones may just go ahead and say 'here roger let me just cut them a check and get this over with', because he doesn't want his team losing over these officials..."
You invalidated your argument with "...peter king..."

He is an idiot who understands nothing. Seriously.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #332
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

LOL!!!! Why am I NOT surprised?
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #333
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,596
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Once again, Roger Goodell is a disgrace for leading the NFL into this situation. Cant believe this guy has a job.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #334
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

I couldn't imagine being a Packers fan right now. I missed the end of the game last night but I was absolutely shocked when I saw what happened this morning.

Does anyone still think the replacements refs are no big deal? Can we please stop with that nonsense now?

It was only a matter of time before these refs blew a game like this.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #335
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,218
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Some funny stuff this morning.


NFL Replacement Ref ‏@ObliviousNFLRef

Hungover. What happened last night?



Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7

Allen Iverson: "We're talking about refs. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about refs, not a game, but we're talking about refs."

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #336
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,218
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I thought that was because it was owners against players with Roger and the owners against Demaurice smith and the players union (Foxworth, Saturday, etc)

I think refs are a different case, because they're a whole other union and aren't owned by the players or the owners, their owned by the league office which is roger.
Roger can't do shit without approval of the owners. The one thing he has free reign on is fines/suspensions. He can't approve of any type of contract with any union without the owners signing off on it. He already knows what the owners will approve or not approve. He isn't going to bring some weak agreement in to the owners for them to vote on it. He's simply doing their bidding. Just face the facts, these owners care more about money then they ever do about the game. It's a cold hard fact my man. Get used to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Once again, Roger Goodell is a disgrace for leading the NFL into this situation. Cant believe this guy has a job.
Another one? Why are you blaming Goodell? No reason. Blame the owners. THEY are the cause of this, not Roger Goodell. You can blame him for fines and suspensions though.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #337
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Once again, Roger Goodell is a disgrace for leading the NFL into this situation. Cant believe this guy has a job.
Goodell is not the one leading the NFL into this situation, it is 2 parties, the owners and the NFLRA, both more focused on their business model/future, than the actual product on the field this year. Is that necessarily a bad thing, no, does it make the product on the field much much worse, yes.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #338
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Roger can't do shit without approval of the owners. The one thing he has free reign on is fines/suspensions. He can't approve of any type of contract with any union without the owners signing off on it. He already knows what the owners will approve or not approve. He isn't going to bring some weak agreement in to the owners for them to vote on it. He's simply doing their bidding. Just face the facts, these owners care more about money then they ever do about the game. It's a cold hard fact my man. Get used to it.




Another one? Why are you blaming Goodell? No reason. Blame the owners. THEY are the cause of this, not Roger Goodell. You can blame him for fines and suspensions though.
NC_Skins, we go through this all the time, but why is it only the owners? I agree they share the blame, but the real refs aren't jumping through fire to give up their position and get back on the field either.

I just think this is a case where both sides are equally wrong.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #339
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Roger can't do shit without approval of the owners. The one thing he has free reign on is fines/suspensions. He can't approve of any type of contract with any union without the owners signing off on it. He already knows what the owners will approve or not approve. He isn't going to bring some weak agreement in to the owners for them to vote on it. He's simply doing their bidding. Just face the facts, these owners care more about money then they ever do about the game. It's a cold hard fact my man. Get used to it.




Another one? Why are you blaming Goodell? No reason. Blame the owners. THEY are the cause of this, not Roger Goodell. You can blame him for fines and suspensions though.
I call BS. Here's my issue with Goodell. He comes out and tries to pacify the fans and says that the refs are doing a good job. He actually came out and defended them a few weeks ago. He should just keep his mouth shut. He is one phony son of a bitch. Can't stand the guy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #340
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,596
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Goodell is sitting back allowing it to happen. Believe what you will, he should be the driving force between the parties in striking a deal. He is ultimately responsible for the leadership of the sport and the product on the field. Should have pushed to have this done before the season started, had all summer.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #341
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,218
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I call BS. Here's my issue with Goodell. He comes out and tries to pacify the fans and says that the refs are doing a good job. He actually came out and defended them a few weeks ago. He should just keep his mouth shut. He is one phony son of a bitch. Can't stand the guy.

He's their spokesman for better or worse. It's his job to do that. He's getting paid 10 million a year to do exactly that. The same way that DeMaurice Smith is the spokesman for the players, he in the same token cannot make any deals without the approval of the players.

It's like people blaming the President for things that Congress controls. Roger is just a pawn in all of this.




In other news:




Sad when online gambling sites have more integrity than the NFL.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #342
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I couldn't imagine being a Packers fan right now. I missed the end of the game last night but I was absolutely shocked when I saw what happened this morning.

Does anyone still think the replacements refs are no big deal? Can we please stop with that nonsense now?

It was only a matter of time before these refs blew a game like this.
I honestly did not think they would be this bad. What I saw last night was simply atrocious. Not only did they hand Seattle the game but they made numerous god awful calls. Time give these guys their walking papers.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #343
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Mike McCartney ‏@MikeMcCartney7

Allen Iverson: "We're talking about refs. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about refs, not a game, but we're talking about refs."

[/SIZE][/B]
Pushing it to full on Allron Rodgerson:

If a Ref misses a call then a Ref misses a call; then that's that. A Ref may miss a call or two but if somebody misses a major call? then that's enough to get a whole lot started. I told y'all that you don't have to give the fans a reason to think about going crazy or anything like that. If you want to bring back the real Refs, bring them back...simple as that. I'm cool with that. I'm all about that. The fans deserve a well officiated game. It's simple as that. It goes further than that.

If a Ref blows a call, they blow a call. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about one call. We're sitting here, and supposed to be the National Football League, and we're talking about blown calls. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about blown calls, that cost teams a game, not a practice, not a practice, but we're talking about a game. The game we players go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about some replacement Refs man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about the integrity of the game. We're talking not talking about practice man....We're talking the games! We're talking about some lousy replacement Refs. We're about some no good lousy replacement Refs. Costing players, teams and fan the game. We're talking about the game man. When you come to the stadium, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about some Refs right now.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #344
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,596
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I call BS. Here's my issue with Goodell. He comes out and tries to pacify the fans and says that the refs are doing a good job. He actually came out and defended them a few weeks ago. He should just keep his mouth shut. He is one phony son of a bitch. Can't stand the guy.
on a scale of 1 to 10, goodell at a 3 or 4
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #345
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,596
Re: Around the NFL- Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
He's their spokesman for better or worse. It's his job to do that. He's getting paid 10 million a year to do exactly that. The same way that DeMaurice Smith is the spokesman for the players, he in the same token cannot make any deals without the approval of the players.

It's like people blaming the President for things that Congress controls. Roger is just a pawn in all of this.




In other news:




Sad when online gambling sites have more integrity than the NFL.

Roger Goodell is a spokesman?
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30354 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25