Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #211
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
This is the last thing I'll say about players not on this team anymore, but Rogers was actually a GREAT DB. He was outstanding in run support and played the pass well. He couldn't hold onto INTS and alas, that is his legacy.
This. Also yeah, it's starting to get annoying to hear all the bitching about players not here anymore. Let's focus on players who are here alright?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #212
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I somewhat agree with this. Wonder if they should have gone after Carr in the off-season as compared to Garcon or Morgan? I realize our WRs were shitty, but so are our DBs.


In a way, I think they are in a no-win situation. If they go out in FA and address pricey DBs acquisitions , then the WR and OL suffers. If they address pricey OL acquisitions, then the WR and DBs suffer. If they address pricey WR acquisitions, the DBs and OL suffer.

You only have but so many resources (picks and cap room), but STILL with a ton of holes left on this team. Injuries are simply killing this team right now though. That and stupidity. (aka..smoking weed and failing drug tests)
Hall by himself is taking up six million in cap. Then when you consider how much it took to get RG3...I'm thinking resources aren't the problem. Landry is making less this year than Meriweather. This is strictly a talent evaluation issue.

What we've learned from Garçon being injured is that our receivers are in good shape even without Morgan and garçon. Moss played maybe the third or fourth most snaps of anyone today at we because Banks is more useful in an option package and Robinson/hanker son are just better players. They've drafted well at receiver because they placed a high value on the position. Garçon is a nice piece to have on your team but I disagree that this is a resource issue. The front office simply failed to see the issues at offensive tackle and db, evidenced by jammal brown and d hall making the roster despite high cap numbers.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #213
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Willie Smith...he played terrible this summer and played his way off the team. Did Black beat him out? Tough to say, but just because he's starting in Oakland doesn't mean it was a mistake to release him from here

D. Hall...doesn't seem to be much grey area when it comes to fans' opinions of him. I think because of his talking his actual play probably doesn't often get the respect it deserves.

Carlos Rogers...He and the Redskins were very close to agreeing to a long term deal back in 2010. But then, realizing he had pissed away his earnings and was flat out broke he asked for the moon. Redskins said no. Then Rogers went shopping his talents around the league and everyone laughed at his request and said no (lockout, of course, didn't help). Finally he had to settle for a one year deal. Could we have gotten back in the mix on a one year deal? Possibly. But what do you do? Take a chance on a one year deal with Carlos and then see him walk or just lock in Wilson long term?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #214
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,754
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Who was covering Green all day? How did it turn out? How long is Hall been in the league and how long has Green been in the league?
Green is a better player than Hall period. But that's no reason to pin the whole game on Hall or pretend like he was the only one that f*cked up. I'm sorry dude, but your little vendetta against Hall is almost laughable at times and tiring at others.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #215
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Green is a better player than Hall period. But that's no reason to pin the whole game on Hall or pretend like he was the only one that f*cked up. I'm sorry dude, but your little vendetta against Hall is almost laughable at times and tiring at others.
I always just ignore those posts.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #216
Camp Scrub
 
aircoryell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 94
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
First play of the game, Hall was supposed to cover Green.
Pretty much sums up your lack of understanding of what's going on and just zeroing in on Hall because of something you read on twitter.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/EAvhb.gif

I have seen the promised land, and it is beautiful.
aircoryell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #217
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
What about Green beating Wilson? Hawkins beating Crawford?
I haven't watched the replays yet but I wonder where the hell was the safety help over top on these long TDs?????? I am wondering if any of these were a result of Haslett's cover 0 (remember last year 3rd and forever against Dallas).

With every long TD pass there should be atleast 2 people on defense getting beat deep IMO- the corner AND the safety. Not just the corner in man IMO. What happens if he is in man coverage slips (like wilson did)? Throw cover 0 out of the playbook.
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #218
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Green is a better player than Hall period. But that's no reason to pin the whole game on Hall or pretend like he was the only one that f*cked up. I'm sorry dude, but your little vendetta against Hall is almost laughable at times and tiring at others.
Sure, let's see his pro bowl performances in future games. I'll eat crow if that happens.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #219
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,754
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Sure, let's see his pro bowl performances in future games. I'll eat crow if that happens.
You were b*tching about Hall when he had a 4-pick game against the Bears.

And I am by no means defending Hall, as a matter of fact I think he is on his way out b/c he's declining as a player. But I don't go on irrational rants just because I don't like him.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #220
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 763
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Good: RG3 and the Offense. While there are some inconsistencies and RGIII is putting his body at risk, Kyle has this offense going well without their number one, which is what is amazing. When Garcon comes back, I think that will add another awesome dimension.

Bad: How can a defense, with very few pieces changing, be so much worse? Is it because people had such a lead on us that many teams would just run the ball?
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #221
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,425
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Geesh. Hall is the least of the defenses problem.
__________________
I yearn......oh do I yearn, for a return to glory...
CrustyRedskin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #222
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Yeah it seems like the reason the defense may have looked better in previous years is that opposing offenses didn't have to look so good.

I've been quite disappointed with Jenkins so far.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #223
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 3,069
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This. Also yeah, it's starting to get annoying to hear all the bitching about players not here anymore. Let's focus on players who are here alright?
It's legit to complain about poor personnel decisions when good players are allowed to leave. Paying D. Hall huge dollars was a mistake. That money would have been better spent to keep Rogers, a far superior pass and run defender. He even started catching the ball at SF.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #224
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Geesh. Hall is the least of the defenses problem.
This.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the secondary. Hall, Wilson, Gomes and Crawford were getting beat out there today.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #225
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post
I haven't watched the replays yet but I wonder where the hell was the safety help over top on these long TDs?????? I am wondering if any of these were a result of Haslett's cover 0 (remember last year 3rd and forever against Dallas).

With every long TD pass there should be atleast 2 people on defense getting beat deep IMO- the corner AND the safety. Not just the corner in man IMO. What happens if he is in man coverage slips (like wilson did)? Throw cover 0 out of the playbook.
Yeah we aren't good enough for the cover 0 look for the most part.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.47934 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25