Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #436
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Hehe...awesome word
Thank you. Haha.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #437
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We will get RG3 severly injured if our Tackles continue to play this bad. The planning at the Tackle position is the basically just crossing your finger.

Where is everyone who said RG3 will make the O-line look better?
They are focusing very heavily on the refs this season
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #438
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Also, the reason we are in the games that we have competed in, in my opinion, is not a product of the playcalling, scheme or decisions made by the staff. Its all directly attributed to RG3's will, and by his performance alone. IMO, he is performing in the face of bad personnel, bad playcalls and just bad decision making, both on offense and defense.

I don't know how I feel about having Mike S. groom this young man into an NFL qb. It seems that Mike S isn't really doing him any favors with the playcalling and protections being called. If he is doing this good with the deck stacked against him, imagine if he didn't have those obstacles.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #439
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,848
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

It's game 3 and people are already on the "I guess there's next year" line. Can we at least make through half the season before we entirely give up on this one?

@ punch: Look, I am as tired as the next fan of hearing "Next year." When has Mike had his shot? To me, this is the year he needs to make some wins and, quite frankly, I haven't given up on that happening. Minnesota just beat SF. Oakland beat Pitt. Who the F' knows how the rest of this season is going to play out.

People need to vent, I get that. A lot of this thread, however, is not venting about a loss but about how much smarter posters are than the coaches, players and FO and how the rest of us are too dumb to see the brilliance of their negativity.

MS and KS are here for two more years whether we like it or not. If you don't like it, feel free to hire sign trucks to let your feelings known.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduling torching of MS, KS, Haslett and all things not RGIII. Enjoy your wallow.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #440
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Also, the reason we are in the games that we have competed in, in my opinion, is not a product of the playcalling, scheme or decisions made by the staff. Its all directly attributed to RG3's will, and by his performance alone. IMO, he is performing in the face of bad personnel, bad playcalls and just bad decision making, both on offense and defense.

I don't know how I feel about having Mike S. groom this young man into an NFL qb. It seems that Mike S isn't really doing him any favors with the playcalling and protections being called. If he is doing this good with the deck stacked against him, imagine if he didn't have those obstacles.
I think any reasonable assesment leads to the conclusion RG3's success is in spite of the regime, not because of it. Given the first three games you can say with near certainty every season Robert spends under this regime will take a year off the backend of his career.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #441
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,656
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I think any reasonable assesment leads to the conclusion RG3's success is in spite of the regime, not because of it. Given the first three games you can say with near certainty every season Robert spends under this regime will take a year off the backend of his career.
Thinking the Shanahans know if they dont get to producing the end is near?? So they might as well use the hell out of RGIII.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #442
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Also, Danny boy isn't dumb enough to let his best QB ever be ruined by a legacy coach and his goofy kiddo. Once he threw Vinny aside you knew Danny got serious about winning.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #443
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,367
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
It's game 3 and people are already on the "I guess there's next year" line. Can we at least make through half the season before we entirely give up on this one?

@ punch: Look, I am as tired as the next fan of hearing "Next year." When has Mike had his shot? To me, this is the year he needs to make some wins and, quite frankly, I haven't given up on that happening. Minnesota just beat SF. Oakland beat Pitt. Who the F' knows how the rest of this season is going to play out.

People need to vent, I get that. A lot of this thread, however, is not venting about a loss but about how much smarter posters are than the coaches, players and FO and how the rest of us are too dumb to see the brilliance of their negativity.

MS and KS are here for two more years whether we like it or not. If you don't like it, feel free to hire sign trucks to let your feelings known.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduling torching of MS, KS, Haslett and all things not RGIII. Enjoy your wallow.
Joe can we count on you to take first shift in driving the "Sell Our Team Danny Boy" truck?
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #444
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,394
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
It's game 3 and people are already on the "I guess there's next year" line. Can we at least make through half the season before we entirely give up on this one?

@ punch: Look, I am as tired as the next fan of hearing "Next year." When has Mike had his shot? To me, this is the year he needs to make some wins and, quite frankly, I haven't given up on that happening. Minnesota just beat SF. Oakland beat Pitt. Who the F' knows how the rest of this season is going to play out.

People need to vent, I get that. A lot of this thread, however, is not venting about a loss but about how much smarter posters are than the coaches, players and FO and how the rest of us are too dumb to see the brilliance of their negativity.

MS and KS are here for two more years whether we like it or not. If you don't like it, feel free to" hire sign trucks to let your feelings known.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduling torching of MS, KS, Haslett and all things not RGIII. Enjoy your wallow.
hahahah - nice. i was saying the same thing on the way home last nite from the stadium to a friend and my brother - i was like - hey look around every team has shown weakness this year except houston and the cards, and houston always suffers injuries to the big three and the cards - well good for them. they just looked at me in the back seat like "dude we suck - get over it" - so believe me im not negative (really), and i certainly dont think i know better about football than most posters on this board let alone the shanahans or ANYONE employed by the nfl. My honest opinion on winning more than 6 games this year has DRASTICALLY changed since week one - lets just say I am not so sure we even win 6 at this point...........at all. But I hope to hell that this team bounces back and the football gods smile on us and them and something wonderful happens.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #445
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,166
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Cant give up 30-40 pts a game. Bad medicine my friends, bad medicine.
my gramma said my aunt took bad medicine and now she's in a commune in south dakota. i really don't want to see the redskins end up like her
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #446
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,594
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

On paper, you can look at a lot of the teams we play and say, "Wow, we MIGHT be able to beat the Browns." Kind of like what JoeRedskin said, we can beat anyone on any given day. I mean who would have expected the Vikings to win or the Cardinals to POUND Philly? I sure as hell didn't.

Now, I think the Skins are due to win one this weekend, and maybe shock us with some NFCE wins as well.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #447
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Thinking the Shanahans know if they dont get to producing the end is near?? So they might as well use the hell out of RGIII.
Word.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #448
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 731
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Also, Danny boy isn't dumb enough to let his best QB ever be ruined by a legacy coach and his goofy kiddo. Once he threw Vinny aside you knew Danny got serious about winning.
Sure, I knew it the moment he got caught for the Haynesworth cap hit. Serious about winning what?
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #449
Camp Scrub
 
aircoryell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 94
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
It's doom and gloom because the team is unnecessarily exposing their future on a gimmick offense that has absolutely no chance for continued success. It's not building towards anything, there's nowhere to go with it. It's worse than play action because it takes too long, it's worse than rolling out because the Qb has to focus on 3 different things while also avoiding the inevitable pounding he will surely receive. Spreading the field is fine, but do it with receivers, formations, and well designed playcalls. Teach the kid something constructive.


There is nothing to setup with it but more option plays and misdirection. The defense could care less about misdirection if they can get a free shot at the Qb. Let em have 10 yards, we'll take out their Qb. It's a 1 time gimmick that only works because no one would expect such foolishness with your star player. Tebow is different, he is expendable plus he is freaking huge to take some punishment. Newton can run the read, but even he gets slammed. He is way bigger than Griffin, and that is already getting old for Carolina.

I can all but guarantee every team in the league will take notice of this, and will be laughing their a$$es off behind closed doors. The Buccaneers will be taking head shots if they try that crap next week. Now he is going to get hit even when he doesn't have the freaking ball. Can we expect the Swinging Gate with Griffin next?

They are supposed to be teaching him how to be an NFL quarterback. Yes, they can use his natural abilities, but his safety is paramount. It should be building blocks, one step leading to another. This is a gimmick and a desperation ploy because the offensive line is a joke, and Kyle has no excuses now for ineptitude. They might have drawn it up at halftime on the chalkboard because they had no answers. They clearly didn't practice it sufficiently because it looked so haphazard.

Why do you think Coughlin was so upset about the kneel down? Because he knows he has to keep his Qb healthy. It's coaching 101.
To me, this post reeks of misdirected frustration. This is not a "gimmick" offense as you put it. And there is absolutely no evidence to substantiate your conclusion that it has no chance for "continued success". On the contrary, everything points to exactly the opposite.
What you're suggesting is to put Robert in a pro style offense under center (In Baylor he took ZERO snaps under center) and magically all those hits he's taking will go away. Did you watch the Rex and Beck take a pounding last year?
How you came to the conclusion that Kyle showed "ineptitude" is beyond me since you failed to explain that. In one sentence you call the offensive line a joke, and immediately take a shot at Kyle on the next one for running an offense to minimize it's exposure. :confused:
Kyle, in my opinion, is doing a masterful job helping Robert transition from his Baylor offense into a pro style offense. Letting him have some time under center while still running what he feels comfortable with to keep the points coming on the board.
Kyle has never been, is, or will be the problem. We've scored 30 points the last 3 games and are the 2nd ranked offense in the entire league for gods sake! If you think Kyle is the issue you are completely way off base.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/EAvhb.gif

I have seen the promised land, and it is beautiful.
aircoryell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #450
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,656
Re: Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction

Originally Posted by jdc65
It's doom and gloom because the team is unnecessarily exposing their future on a gimmick offense that has absolutely no chance for continued success. It's not building towards anything, there's nowhere to go with it. It's worse than play action because it takes too long, it's worse than rolling out because the Qb has to focus on 3 different things while also avoiding the inevitable pounding he will surely receive. Spreading the field is fine, but do it with receivers, formations, and well designed playcalls. Teach the kid something constructive.


There is nothing to setup with it but more option plays and misdirection. The defense could care less about misdirection if they can get a free shot at the Qb. Let em have 10 yards, we'll take out their Qb. It's a 1 time gimmick that only works because no one would expect such foolishness with your star player. Tebow is different, he is expendable plus he is freaking huge to take some punishment. Newton can run the read, but even he gets slammed. He is way bigger than Griffin, and that is already getting old for Carolina.

I can all but guarantee every team in the league will take notice of this, and will be laughing their a$$es off behind closed doors. The Buccaneers will be taking head shots if they try that crap next week. Now he is going to get hit even when he doesn't have the freaking ball. Can we expect the Swinging Gate with Griffin next?

They are supposed to be teaching him how to be an NFL quarterback. Yes, they can use his natural abilities, but his safety is paramount. It should be building blocks, one step leading to another. This is a gimmick and a desperation ploy because the offensive line is a joke, and Kyle has no excuses now for ineptitude. They might have drawn it up at halftime on the chalkboard because they had no answers. They clearly didn't practice it sufficiently because it looked so haphazard.

Why do you think Coughlin was so upset about the kneel down? Because he knows he has to keep his Qb healthy. It's coaching 101.


Good stuff
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44995 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25