Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2013 Free Agents

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #796
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,041
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
You must've put a lot of thought into this post, considering that you misspelled 2 of these players' names(Stepfan???), only listed former (signed) redskins players- and one who hasn't played since 2009. What was the purpose of this post? ... to try to provide the most minimum effort into a reply???
Thats the thing, they will be guys that you wont even know how to spell their names. What you really meant is wait until the dust settles and then sign guys like Cedric Griffin a week or two into free agency. If you wait till after the draft you will have to get lucky. Not how you want to run your team. The Redskins will make a move for guys like Greg Toler, Keenan Lewis, and Chris Clemons. They are not as strapped as you think.
T.O.Killa is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #797
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Schefter saying that goldson isn't coming back to San Fran. If they're getting rid of him, then there must be something wrong with him/ he's a system player.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #798
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,689
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Thats the thing, they will be guys that you wont even know how to spell their names. What you really meant is wait until the dust settles and then sign guys like Cedric Griffin a week or two into free agency. If you wait till after the draft you will have to get lucky. Not how you want to run your team. The Redskins will make a move for guys like Greg Toler, Keenan Lewis, and Chris Clemons. They are not as strapped as you think.
The redskins ARE cap-strapped. They are around 3 million over and haven't even re-signed any of their own several free-agents yet. And on top of that they need to sign their draft picks. There's been a number of $13 million thrown out there that they need to free up by restructuring existing contracts or by cuts - just to achieve this.

All of this before even thinking about signing free agents that are coming from other teams. So that's $13 million plus the cap-hit this year for any additional free agents that they would want to sign.
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #799
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,041
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
The redskins ARE cap-strapped. They are around 3 million over and haven't even re-signed any of their own several free-agents yet. And on top of that they need to sign their draft picks. There's been a number of $13 million thrown out there that they need to free up by restructuring existing contracts or by cuts - just to achieve this.

All of this before even thinking about signing free agents that are coming from other teams. So that's $13 million plus the cap-hit this year for any additional free agents that they would want to sign.
Yes, I know their cap situation well. They will sign at least one expensive free agent. Along with Fred Davis and Lorenzo Alexander. Everyone forgets how the Redskins Manipulated the cap years.they can sign anyone abd make the cap number this year the league minimum.
T.O.Killa is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #800
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,689
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Yes, I know their cap situation well. They will sign at least one expensive free agent. Along with Fred Davis and Lorenzo Alexander. Everyone forgets how the Redskins Manipulated the cap years.they can sign anyone abd make the cap number this year the league minimum.
Like the previous 2 years- at least one major unrestricted free agent will not be re-signed - more than likely Fred Davis - especially if the redskins sign another team's free agent.

This year is also different than previous years because there a number of key free agents that the redskins might lose.
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 AM   #801
Special Teams
 
bedlamVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 389
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Nfl.com show the redskins as around 4 million under the cap. We still have a week before free agency . As for the free agents we have young, paulsen and jackson , all of who could recieve tenders , - and they could all be at the lower level given we get an opportinty to match ...
Davis is looking at a 1 year 2 million type deal - alot of teams will be wary of him because of him comming off an injury and with the 2011 suspension ..
I think we are going to see some cuts potentially but more likley some restructures and we are in better shape than is widly reported
bedlamVR is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #802
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,689
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlamVR View Post
Nfl.com show the redskins as around 4 million under the cap. We still have a week before free agency . As for the free agents we have young, paulsen and jackson , all of who could recieve tenders , - and they could all be at the lower level given we get an opportinty to match ...
Davis is looking at a 1 year 2 million type deal - alot of teams will be wary of him because of him comming off an injury and with the 2011 suspension ..
I think we are going to see some cuts potentially but more likley some restructures and we are in better shape than is widly reported
Do you have a link cuz I don't see that cap number anywhere?
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #803
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,398
Re: 2013 Free Agents

We're about $4M over the cap right now, over as in we're in the red.

We're going to be tight against the cap but a few moves can free up a lot of room pretty quickly.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #804
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,719
Re: 2013 Free Agents

For the first time in a longgg time I really feel satisfied when I take a look at our team and free agency. I think our main focus should be on retaining our young promising players (D Young, Pauleson, Jackson, Fred Davis) and keep our focus more on the draft, than added free agents. I think adding a vetern Tackle, a young Corner, maybe a 3rd down RB/KR, etc. We are in good shape even with the penalty, which maybe a blessing in disguise i.e. finally having to cut older players who time is to move on Hall, Moss, Carriker, and Fletch.

Lets continue to roll with the draft/youth movement, look how far we have come.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #805
Camp Scrub
 
Mahons21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 56
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Yes, I know their cap situation well. They will sign at least one expensive free agent. Along with Fred Davis and Lorenzo Alexander. Everyone forgets how the Redskins Manipulated the cap years.they can sign anyone abd make the cap number this year the league minimum.
I for one hope they don't sign one expensive FA.

Davis will most likely walk.

R Jackson and Zo need to be re-signed.

Furthermore I don't think people forget how the Redskins manipulated the cap. I think they remember how we cotinued to re-structure aging vets, adding years and pushing guaranteed money onto the following season. Such cap savvy moves forced the Skins to have to let go of a guy like Pierce, in favor of a guy like Lemar Marshall. Not moves we should be modeling, in my opinion.
Mahons21 is offline  
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #806
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,746
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Schefter saying that goldson isn't coming back to San Fran. If they're getting rid of him, then there must be something wrong with him/ he's a system player.
Sirius XM NFL Radio was breaking him down the other day. Didn't seem to high on him. Basically said Whitner was a better player and the niners probably didn't value Goldson for what it would take to sign him. They painted a picture of him being a thumper that could crash down in the box and clean up a tackle or jump on a pile and has a propensity to bite on the pump or double move and get burned. I don't know too much about the 49ers, but if this is accurate I wouldn't want to bring him in here. Seems like another D Hall liability which isn't what we need.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #807
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Eric Winston (RT) released by the Chiefs.
Gtothearry is online now  
Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #808
Special Teams
 
tc2deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 360
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Sirius XM NFL Radio was breaking him down the other day. Didn't seem to high on him. Basically said Whitner was a better player and the niners probably didn't value Goldson for what it would take to sign him. They painted a picture of him being a thumper that could crash down in the box and clean up a tackle or jump on a pile and has a propensity to bite on the pump or double move and get burned. I don't know too much about the 49ers, but if this is accurate I wouldn't want to bring him in here. Seems like another D Hall liability which isn't what we need.
This draft is packed with secondary talent so I say we address our needs in April.
tc2deuce is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #809
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,719
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
Eric Winston (RT) released by the Chiefs.
wow thats pretty shocking
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #810
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 27
Posts: 1,300
Re: 2013 Free Agents

Yup, cut everyone, bring him in.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29873 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25