Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #211
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
And Okie contrary to the backlash im taking for offering up the opinion that maybe shanny isnt doing a good job i do believe he was / is / could be again a great coach. Maybe the problem lies elswhere - his oc and dc - just dumb luck? I dont know. Im certainly not a debbie downer or a pessimistic skins fan. I do realize whole heartedly the damage that was done to the fabric of our team by vinny. I guess it just bothers me slightly that shanallen and this new regime are being hailed as saviors when they havent saved anything. Im not saying they wont im saying they havent yet so can we hold back on the thank you letters until they do. Can wr reserve judgement until i see it translates into wins. Why does that put me in the doom and gloom category? Lol
I understand where u are coming from when u say that shanny may not be the coach we thought he was because we haven't won in so long that who is the right guy? Your not the only one who is having doubt but I want to finish the season and hopefully win around 8 games to start something for next year
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #212
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,460
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

How about we finish this talk after the season?

All this doom and gloom after 3 games is slightly ridiculous.

It's a long season folks, buckle up.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #213
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,899
Fair enough. Not doom and gloom though. Just concern for my team. Maybe unwarranted concern as i have stated. Lets beat tampa either way!
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #214
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 645
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Matty do you not see any reasoning in the fact that shanny should not be loved by skins fans UNTIL he wins? I see alot of the same people that praise shanny now say things like gibbs shouldnt have come back. Gibbs went to the playoffs twice Shanny gets alot of love here because of his past success. How come it was so easy to overlook gibbs past success?
I didnt realize I was supposed to hate RG3 until he won a SB in a Redskins uniform, my bad, wont happen again. I will make sure to hate every Redskin player, coach, front office staff, secretary, and announcer that has anything to do with the team from now til that SB crown is achieved.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #215
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,460
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

I don't think anyone is saying Shanahan has done an A+ job here. But I don't think it's fair to say things like all he's done that's noteworthy was to bring in RG3 or his 2 SB wins were a complete fluke. That's a little short sighted if you ask me and really not an intelligent discussion.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #216
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
I didnt realize I was supposed to hate RG3 until he won a SB in a Redskins uniform, my bad, wont happen again. I will make sure to hate every Redskin player, coach, front office staff, secretary, and announcer that has anything to do with the team from now til that SB crown is achieved.
Typical extremist comment. Dont quote me and than twist my words around just to make a splash. There is a huge, i repeat huge difference in saying i want more wins than losses and i want superbowls. Lol. I have not said one thing that even remotely resembles what you are implying that i said. Please.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #217
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't think anyone is saying Shanahan has done an A+ job here. But I don't think it's fair to say things like all he's done that's noteworthy was to bring in RG3 or his 2 SB wins were a complete fluke. That's a little short sighted if you ask me and really not an intelligent discussion.
I also never said this. It is hard to have an intelligent discussion when everyone is either an uber optimist or an uber pessimist though?
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #218
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,213
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
There is no objective argument in favor of the job Mike Shanahan has done here. None. Just people who don't yet want to admit they were wrong.

Sorry if you're still holding out hope, but it's the truth.
I say we put RG3 through the same thing JC went through.. 5 different offenses in 6 seasons. Shanahan hasn't even filled his contract out yet, and we are only 3 games in to this season and everyone is on the "In with the new" phase again. It's the main reason this franchise is in shambles.

Nobody is holding out hope, that don't have a right to do so. I HOPE we don't fire Shanahan just yet. I HOPE that Snyder doesn't listen to some of the fans and couch coaches we have on here that soak most of their football knowledge in from clicking on espn.com or coming to this forum board that is a cesspool of hypocritical impatient moronic fans.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #219
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,487
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

But people have said it. Not every post is a direct response to you punch
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #220
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I say we put RG3 through the same thing JC went through.. 5 different offenses in 6 seasons. Shanahan hasn't even filled his contract out yet, and we are only 3 games in to this season and everyone is on the "In with the new" phase again. It's the main reason this franchise is in shambles.

Nobody is holding out hope, that don't have a right to do so. I HOPE we don't fire Shanahan just yet. I HOPE that Snyder doesn't listen to some of the fans and couch coaches we have on here that soak most of their football knowledge in from clicking on espn.com or coming to this forum board that is a cesspool of hypocritical impatient moronic fans.
Im pretty sure the skins brass is not paying attention to us so i wouldnt worry about it. How can you call people names because they are alittle fed up with losing. Nobody said fire shanahan. What people have said is until he wins im not going to gush over him! You dont know if he is on the rite track until it translates to wins. Jesus. Dont be so quick to jump all over people and call them morons and make yourself out to be a better footbdll mind than everyone if you dont even understand what they are saying. I repeat nobody said fire shanahan they ( and me) said can we hold off until he wins ( in washington). Very proud of what he did in denver but i dont give a crap im not a friggin broncos fan. This is just ridiculous.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #221
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
But people have said it. Not every post is a direct response to you punch
I realize that and dont mean to come across like i dont. Sorry. However this morning me and gtripp are saying one thing - were not ready to hoist shanny on our shoulders. People are quoting my simple thoughts and making them out to be crazy - fire shanny - superbowl or bust nonsense? So as of this mirning alot of this is directed at me.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #222
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 645
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Typical extremist comment. Dont quote me and than twist my words around just to make a splash. There is a huge, i repeat huge difference in saying i want more wins than losses and i want superbowls. Lol. I have not said one thing that even remotely resembles what you are implying that i said. Please.
Extremist comment... Kind of like saying that Denver only won because of Elway and that Shanny had absolutely zero reason for that. Denver couldnt break through with Elway until Shanny arrived. Or that taking a 10 loss team that just lost what was considered one of the best QB's to ever play the game and taking it to 10-6, 10-6, 13-3 team in consecutive seasons is actually not good coaching, but is, in fact, driving the team into the ground.

You dont like the extremist comments that go against you, you dont have a problem with the ones that go for you. Dont complain about extremists comments when plenty of people sharing your side of the argument have spouted plenty off without a word from you.

Everyone seems to say wins and losses are all about the coach until its a coach they dont like and then they say the wins are because of the players and the losses are on the coach. I think people just need to make up their mind on exactly which one it is. Is it all coaches, all players, or a mix of both?

AS for the crux of your comment, I love the fact that we got RG3. I refuse to hate him until a *9-7* season happens. Better?
Skinzman is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #223
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Extremist comment... Kind of like saying that Denver only won because of Elway and that Shanny had absolutely zero reason for that. Denver couldnt break through with Elway until Shanny arrived. Or that taking a 10 loss team that just lost what was considered one of the best QB's to ever play the game and taking it to 10-6, 10-6, 13-3 team in consecutive seasons is actually not good coaching, but is, in fact, driving the team into the ground.

You dont like the extremist comments that go against you, you dont have a problem with the ones that go for you. Dont complain about extremists comments when plenty of people sharing your side of the argument have spouted plenty off without a word from you.

Everyone seems to say wins and losses are all about the coach until its a coach they dont like and then they say the wins are because of the players and the losses are on the coach. I think people just need to make up their mind on exactly which one it is. Is it all coaches, all players, or a mix of both?

AS for the crux of your comment, I love the fact that we got RG3. I refuse to hate him until a *9-7* season happens. Better?
I happen to agree with u about shanny. You could argue that when elway won he was a shell of himself. Im not sure what extreme comment i made. That is what is driving me nuts. Also i never said hate anyone until they do anything. You said that. Im simply reserving praise for the job this regime does until they translate to wins. Its actually an absurdly simple comment. But the lashing im taking you would think i said blow it up burn it down everyone sucks. Like SS said other people have made dumb comments in a debbie downer way long before i ever joined the warpath so i guess people wanting to jump all over me for saying im not ready to crown shanny a savior YET is understandable. For the sake of my saturdat afternoon ill drop it now. Just hope im not labeled a hater for no reason.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #224
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,487
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

How about we get this thread back to week 4 talk
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #225
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 645
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I happen to agree with u about shanny. You could argue that when elway won he was a shell of himself. Im not sure what extreme comment i made. That is what is driving me nuts. Also i never said hate anyone until they do anything. You said that. Im simply reserving praise for the job this regime does until they translate to wins. Its actually an absurdly simple comment. But the lashing im taking you would think i said blow it up burn it down everyone sucks. Like SS said other people have made dumb comments in a debbie downer way long before i ever joined the warpath so i guess people wanting to jump all over me for saying im not ready to crown shanny a savior YET is understandable. For the sake of my saturdat afternoon ill drop it now. Just hope im not labeled a hater for no reason.
Let it be known when it comes to me, you can have whatever opinion you want to have. I will debate your opinion if I disagree, but im not claiming you hate the Skins. Also, Ive had this debate in the thread with other people, The goat and Mechanix mainly, I believe that was my first direct comment to you. Also check my join date and total posts, im right there with you. Joined the month prior and have no where near your posts, so I dont buy the whole im new routine, since im doing that dance as well.

Not directed at you: To the people who say that ALL SKINS FANS thought Shanny would win now. How absurd of a comment. I was critical of the trade for McNabb because I thought it was a win now move and I never thought we could win now. I was upset that those picks went out the window for what I thought would be minimal return (and it turned out a lot worse than that actually) instead of being used on youth to rebuild a horrible team that had zero chance of winning now.
Skinzman is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.50123 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25