Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #226
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Extremist comment... Kind of like saying that Denver only won because of Elway and that Shanny had absolutely zero reason for that. Denver couldnt break through with Elway until Shanny arrived. Or that taking a 10 loss team that just lost what was considered one of the best QB's to ever play the game and taking it to 10-6, 10-6, 13-3 team in consecutive seasons is actually not good coaching, but is, in fact, driving the team into the ground.

You dont like the extremist comments that go against you, you dont have a problem with the ones that go for you. Dont complain about extremists comments when plenty of people sharing your side of the argument have spouted plenty off without a word from you.

Everyone seems to say wins and losses are all about the coach until its a coach they dont like and then they say the wins are because of the players and the losses are on the coach. I think people just need to make up their mind on exactly which one it is. Is it all coaches, all players, or a mix of both?

AS for the crux of your comment, I love the fact that we got RG3. I refuse to hate him until a *9-7* season happens. Better?
I happen to agree with u about shanny. You could argue that when elway won he was a shell of himself. Im not sure what extreme comment i made. That is what is driving me nuts. Also i never said hate anyone until they do anything. You said that. Im simply reserving praise for the job this regime does until they translate to wins. Its actually an absurdly simple comment. But the lashing im taking you would think i said blow it up burn it down everyone sucks. Like SS said other people have made dumb comments in a debbie downer way long before i ever joined the warpath so i guess people wanting to jump all over me for saying im not ready to crown shanny a savior YET is understandable. For the sake of my saturdat afternoon ill drop it now. Just hope im not labeled a hater for no reason.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #227
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

How about we get this thread back to week 4 talk
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #228
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I happen to agree with u about shanny. You could argue that when elway won he was a shell of himself. Im not sure what extreme comment i made. That is what is driving me nuts. Also i never said hate anyone until they do anything. You said that. Im simply reserving praise for the job this regime does until they translate to wins. Its actually an absurdly simple comment. But the lashing im taking you would think i said blow it up burn it down everyone sucks. Like SS said other people have made dumb comments in a debbie downer way long before i ever joined the warpath so i guess people wanting to jump all over me for saying im not ready to crown shanny a savior YET is understandable. For the sake of my saturdat afternoon ill drop it now. Just hope im not labeled a hater for no reason.
Let it be known when it comes to me, you can have whatever opinion you want to have. I will debate your opinion if I disagree, but im not claiming you hate the Skins. Also, Ive had this debate in the thread with other people, The goat and Mechanix mainly, I believe that was my first direct comment to you. Also check my join date and total posts, im right there with you. Joined the month prior and have no where near your posts, so I dont buy the whole im new routine, since im doing that dance as well.

Not directed at you: To the people who say that ALL SKINS FANS thought Shanny would win now. How absurd of a comment. I was critical of the trade for McNabb because I thought it was a win now move and I never thought we could win now. I was upset that those picks went out the window for what I thought would be minimal return (and it turned out a lot worse than that actually) instead of being used on youth to rebuild a horrible team that had zero chance of winning now.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #229
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Let it be known when it comes to me, you can have whatever opinion you want to have. I will debate your opinion if I disagree, but im not claiming you hate the Skins. Also, Ive had this debate in the thread with other people, The goat and Mechanix mainly, I believe that was my first direct comment to you. Also check my join date and total posts, im right there with you. Joined the month prior and have no where near your posts, so I dont buy the whole im new routine, since im doing that dance as well.

Not directed at you: To the people who say that ALL SKINS FANS thought Shanny would win now. How absurd of a comment. I was critical of the trade for McNabb because I thought it was a win now move and I never thought we could win now. I was upset that those picks went out the window for what I thought would be minimal return (and it turned out a lot worse than that actually) instead of being used on youth to rebuild a horrible team that had zero chance of winning now.
Directed at the directed at me comment: lol.
I am not sure about what u mean about being new? If you mean because i said make a splash i didnt mean it like that. I just meant trying to say something with alot of umphhh to it. There is no direct relation with ur join date and ur knowledge imo. Lol. I am very active on here because i appreciate you and everyone else who accepts others opinions unlike my miserable time spent on es.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #230
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Speaking of week four talk ss what is your opinion on garcon and wilson playing tomorrow?
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #231
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

I think yes on Garçon playing. Wilson not sure
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #232
Special Teams
 
takethecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 26
Posts: 281
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

I just wish Shanny (and the rest of the nfl for that matter) would stop icing kickers. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does lol
takethecake is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #233
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,603
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How about we get this thread back to week 4 talk
you could just change the thread title: "Smackdown your favorite team...Shanny Style"
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #234
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think yes on Garçon playing. Wilson not sure
We might put up fifty if the french waiter plays!
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #235
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I also never said this. It is hard to have an intelligent discussion when everyone is either an uber optimist or an uber pessimist though?
I wasn't talking directly to you.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #236
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I wasn't talking directly to you.
Yes i know i was just sort of using the context of ur post to point out that im not a shanny basher.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #237
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I agree. Im still holding out hope as im sure you are. We are skins fans. But this is theee worst three year run according to wins and losses ( which i thought is what a teams success was based on) in a long time.
Maybe that's what some of us are missing!!! Football isn't about winning anymore. There's a higher ethic to be revealed, and some of us just haven't seen it yet. In this "parallel universe" the Shanahans are gods, and who are we to question.

(End sarcasm)

In all seriousness, it's gotten tiresome hearing the same ole bullet point credentials for Mike.
The Goat is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #238
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,364
What about Trent?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #239
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Doubtful last I heard
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #240
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think yes on Garçon playing. Wilson not sure
Are the concerns with wilson related to the concussion symptoms from week 2 or something new?
imaskin4life is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33908 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25