Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #241
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Ya, like people saying that Mike Shanahan has had alot of success in his 3 years in washington other than RG3.

Blind Optimism is fine, shit, I wish I could be like that. I'm just getting tired of, "Its gonna happen next year. Give him a couple years to tidy up the roster." Excuses run frikkin thin when we have been this bad for this long. Doesn't seem to me that Shanahan has done much to earn the huge contract he got. Our offense is better this year, yes. But we have played some shit ass defenses too, and we couldn't stop a pee wee team in our secondary. Over half of Mikes personnel moves are highly questionable. Does it feel like we might be a bit better than 09? Yes, maybe a bit due to the RG3 factor. But as an overall team? No. I'd wager that the team in 09 played better with a nop name coach and older guys than Shanahan is doing with 3 years at the helm, and now EVERYONE on this team is a Shanahan product, either because he brought them here, or wanted them to stay. I hope I am wrong, but medicority seems like the standard with Mike. I think the game might have passed him by a little more than people realize. For Christs sake, Gibbs 2.0 did a hell of alot more with a hell of alot less when he came back. No excuses or a 4 year team building deal with him. It seems like its just all excuses lately.
I've already said what I'm going to say multiple times here in a thread that should have nothing to do with reviewing Shanahan. Moving forward I'm talking about week 4 of the 2012 season. You're welcome to join me
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #242
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I wasn't talking directly to you.
No, I think both SS and Matty were directing those comments at me. But I digress, I'm not a pessimistic person. Its just that three years in, we are looking not so good. Our secondary is absolutely horrid, our oline is one of the worst in the league, and if not for the mobility and gem of a find in the 6th round, it would be alot more apparent. I want Shanahan to exceed all expectations.

I just believe that the game might have passed him by a little. I mean the guy has won ONE playoff game in 14 years. I swear I'm not slamming the guy, but fact is that he has never been a defensive guru. And being in the military, one saying that has always rung true in every aspect of life, business, sports, what have you, is that an excellent leader surrounds himself with excellent minds. Not first born children, Jim Haslett and a below average secondary coach who stunk it up in Tampa Bay, and a ST coach who should be on a skewer. I do think that if Mike wants any shot of really doing anything in the postseason in his time here in DC, he needs to clean up the other coaches maybe????????Maybe its not him, its his support system? I dunno, but the excuses of always being at least 2 years away, and then it not happening after the two years, rinse repeat for another two years, that shit is wearing thin.

That said, I will be wearing my Mark Moseley jersey tomorrow and cheering like hell that we have finally found an answer at QB, RB and #1 WR. I did make a stupid comment about RG3 being the ONLY good thing he has done. Alfred Morris, Kerrigan and Bowen all look great. Jury is still out on PG, but at least the WR corps is looking up. But we have regressed at alot of other positions. I just hope he can put the pieces together, whoever and whatever he has, and WIN. And that is fine, SS, back to the week 4 comments. But if you say that my words have no merit and are useless, then expect a response, especially when the argument IS valid and deserves to be had. Sorry about going off topic though and having the discussion in this thread. I do apologize.

Last edited by Mechanix544; 09-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #243
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Interesting that people are still complaining about the o-line despite the fact we have the #1 scoring offense and are #6 in yardage. It's far from perfect especially at RT, but it's far from being the worst in the league. Morris is 9th in the league in rushing too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #244
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,007
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Interesting that people are still complaining about the o-line despite the fact we have the #1 scoring offense and are #6 in yardage. It's far from perfect especially at RT, but it's far from being the worst in the league. Morris is 9th in the league in rushing too.
O-line is pretty good at the run, pretty bad in pass protection. I'm not happy about it but I'm content with the way things are. It could definitely be worse.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #245
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
If any of u watched gb or Dallas play this year you would love our oline
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #246
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Interesting that people are still complaining about the o-line despite the fact we have the #1 scoring offense and are #6 in yardage. It's far from perfect especially at RT, but it's far from being the worst in the league. Morris is 9th in the league in rushing too.
Wait a minute.....
In 250...ish posts in this thread alone, THIS is the first time this has been mentioned? With all the negative nonsense, and this is the first time?
....Hard to imagine
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #247
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
I don't see much changing from our offense I think we will finish in the top ten in yards and scoring this year.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #248
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,007
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't see much changing from our offense I think we will finish in the top ten in yards and scoring this year.
But where on defense? lol we could score 100 points but if the other team scores 101, we're still screwed.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #249
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Sad thing is, we made Sam Bradford and Andy Dalton look like All World QB's. The only time our defense looked good was game 1, when everyone was healthy and the Saints were in disarray. I have hope though, and hopefully enough of our weaknesses have been brought to light early in the season, so we can adjust. But I do fear the Haslett adjustments, or lack thereof.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #250
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,120
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Interesting that people are still complaining about the o-line despite the fact we have the #1 scoring offense and are #6 in yardage. It's far from perfect especially at RT, but it's far from being the worst in the league. Morris is 9th in the league in rushing too.


Fans don't care Matty,it's the wins and loss's they look at.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #251
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,654
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Interesting that people are still complaining about the o-line despite the fact we have the #1 scoring offense and are #6 in yardage. It's far from perfect especially at RT, but it's far from being the worst in the league. Morris is 9th in the league in rushing too.
Problem is when RG3 goes out for the remainder of the year from a blind side hit b/c Jordan or Polumbus whiff, then people are going to be livid. Its just a dangerous situation with the 3rd.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #252
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Fans don't care Matty,it's the wins and loss's they look at.
.......Not True
At least not universally.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #253
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,120
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
.......Not True
At least not universally.
I would beg to differ,as long as the Skins win ,fans don't care if they have the #1 offense or the #32
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #254
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Any fan with.....any football acumen understands the relationship between team building and a long term winning team. You have to build the squad before any long term success can be seen. The success of the offense of late suggests it may be turning the corner, or at least making significant progress.
Any knowledgeable fan understands this. We have many such fans here on the WP. To suggest that this fact has no meaning to a "Fan" is....wrong.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #255
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,285
Re: Around the NFL...Week 4 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Any fan with.....any football acumen understands the relationship between team building and a long term winning team. You have to build the squad before any long term success can be seen. The success of the offense of late suggests it may be turning the corner, or at least making significant progress.
Any knowledgeable fan understands this. We have many such fans here on the WP. To suggest that this fact has no meaning to a "Fan" is....wrong.
We are to late to add logic to this thread. No more
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35857 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25