Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #736
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Good game. Almost had an MI, but finallly, we put away a team we were supposed to beat.

Like I've said though, it seems that putting the team squarely on a rookies back and barely scraping wins against the worst offense in the NFL and the worst passing defense in the NFL won't cut it for much longer unless some things are seriously addressed, and soon. We play like this in the NFCE games, and we will get completely routed. I'm kinda scared at what the Falcons might do to us next week, but for now, I'll enjoy this nightmare of a win!!!!
You are acting like we're a 12 win team. We have the worst defense in the league.
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #737
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Our defense wasn't THAT bad today, it is more the timing of WHEN we are bad that drives me insane.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #738
Special Teams
 
DirtBagZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 371
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

What a game, will have to make certain I don't eat red meat and over do the salt during a skins game again. Blood pressure must have been off the charts. Never a dull moment with our 2012 Redskins.
DirtBagZ is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #739
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Bottomline, we're always in the game with RG3. The kid is like Jordan with cleats.
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #740
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,894
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

At this point, love the depth we have at RB and WR. OL and Defense needs work esp. secondary like we knew they would offseason. At least as another poster said it's the young guys carrying us, not the old guys like under Zorn/Cerrato. (Apologies to Fletcher, he's still a young mutant or highlander or something)
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #741
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Everyone wants to cut Cundiff, yet they don't realize that theres no one else out there kicking wise who is % better or has as strong of a leg in kickoffs.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #742
Special Teams
 
Glasgow Celtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norfolk England
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Good game. Almost had an MI, but finallly, we put away a team we were supposed to beat.

Like I've said though, it seems that putting the team squarely on a rookies back and barely scraping wins against the worst offense in the NFL and the worst passing defense in the NFL won't cut it for much longer unless some things are seriously addressed, and soon. We play like this in the NFCE games, and we will get completely routed. I'm kinda scared at what the Falcons might do to us next week, but for now, I'll enjoy this nightmare of a win!!!!
Decent analysis, but we really are on the right road to an enjoyable journey.

Not this year but soon.

Beanshitting kants,.get a life
Glasgow Celtic is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #743
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You are acting like we're a 12 win team. We have the worst defense in the league.
Huh? How did that conclusion get drawn from my comment? I think 12 wins is possible, just because RG3 is ridiculously mature and just flat out incredible. Likely, no, likely, we win anywhere from 7-9 wins, but the schedule is about to become brutal. If somehow we are able to eek out a win next week, it would go a long way to helping our playoff chances. But with the secondary, I just dont see it as likely, with their 2 stud WR's and Gonzo. But with RG3, it seems that hope is never lost. Feels good to have a player like him leading your favorite team.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #744
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

This is not knee jerk at all, but I do want to investigate other kicking options. It was fact that Danny Smith told Gano to kick directionally last year. I have a hard time believing he would do much worse than Cundiff this game. I just wish the Redskins could get the kicking game consistent now. We finally have a punter, time to lock down a kicker.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #745
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,524
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Rackers! I'm tellin ya.
I wholeheartily agree
Couldnt believe we cut rackers to keep Gano,then cut Gano for Cundiff.After all was said and done I was behind Cundiff but not anymore.Rackers is just as good and can make kicks over 50
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #746
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Everyone wants to cut Cundiff, yet they don't realize that theres no one else out there kicking wise who is % better or has as strong of a leg in kickoffs.
Cundiff is not a good kicker. Kickers that miss 30 and 40 yarders do not last very long.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #747
Special Teams
 
DirtBagZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 371
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
For most rookie or 2nd year QB's most people would say today is the day he grew up. RGIII came grown up already, he won the game for the Redskins. The guy is the real deal and I'm so happy to finally have a franchise QB.
Amen to that! It is truly amazing what having an extremely talented franchise QB can do for a team. Something as Skins fans we have not had in a long time. Every single one of these games has come down to the wire, and RGIII has put the team in a position to win in every game.
DirtBagZ is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #748
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Huh? How did that conclusion get drawn from my comment? I think 12 wins is possible, just because RG3 is ridiculously mature and just flat out incredible. Likely, no, likely, we win anywhere from 7-9 wins, but the schedule is about to become brutal. If somehow we are able to eek out a win next week, it would go a long way to helping our playoff chances. But with the secondary, I just dont see it as likely, with their 2 stud WR's and Gonzo. But with RG3, it seems that hope is never lost. Feels good to have a player like him leading your favorite team.
We are still not good enough to blow teams out. Every game will most likely be like this. A road win with a team starting a rookie qb and rb is good. No complaining from me.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #749
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
At this point, love the depth we have at RB and WR. OL and Defense needs work esp. secondary like we knew they would offseason. At least as another poster said it's the young guys carrying us, not the old guys like under Zorn/Cerrato. (Apologies to Fletcher, he's still a young mutant or highlander or something)
Speaking of WR's, Garcon was an embarrassment. The reckless play on Barber where he threw him to the ground injuring him then the semi-blindside hit on the DB that gave up on the play leading to a penalty. Thats just not right. I know I'll probably catch some flack for this and it's not the end of the world but he has to get head straight because we can't have that crap.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #750
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Redskins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I wholeheartily agree
Couldnt believe we cut rackers to keep Gano,then cut Gano for Cundiff.After all was said and done I was behind Cundiff but not anymore.Rackers is just as good and can make kicks over 50
I just don't think Rackers could be any worse. I wish Gano was still on the market. Did Rackers even do any FG kicking during pre-season? I don't remember.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26924 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25