Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Your MVP of the week goes to...
Griffin III 79 84.04%
Morris 11 11.70%
Kerrigan 2 2.13%
other 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #211
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Onto the poll, I honestly don't know how to choose between the 3 selections.

RGIII stands alone(on the Skins) in his ability to sprint for touchdowns, read the defense and get the job done at the closing bell. Does anyone else have the feeling that the lack of chaos (read replacement refs) at the end of the games would have made a huge difference in our last few games? How you don't choose him for MVP of the week I just don't know. BUT

Alfred Morris put up 100+ against a defense that had limited DeMarco Murray, the Giants and Cam Newton/Panthers combined to less than 100. He had a Riggo type run to the endzone from the 39 yd line, and d*** if every time he is pushing that pile you don't think he's gonna get one ... more ..... yard. SO I guess he ought to get it, EXCEPT,

RK really is making the other offenses account for him, and our d needs that.


Who am i kidding LOL

RG3
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #212
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Onto the poll, I honestly don't know how to choose between the 3 selections.

RGIII stands alone(on the Skins) in his ability to sprint for touchdowns, read the defense and get the job done at the closing bell. Does anyone else have the feeling that the lack of chaos (read replacement refs) at the end of the games would have made a huge difference in our last few games? How you don't choose him for MVP of the week I just don't know. BUT

Alfred Morris put up 100+ against a defense that had limited DeMarco Murray, the Giants and Cam Newton/Panthers combined to less than 100. He had a Riggo type run to the endzone from the 39 yd line, and d*** if every time he is pushing that pile you don't think he's gonna get one ... more ..... yard. SO I guess he ought to get it, EXCEPT,

RK really is making the other offenses account for him, and our d needs that.


Who am i kidding LOL

RG3
What about Cundiff kicking the game winner! Who cares if he misses 37 of them - he was obviously keeping it close so he could win the game and win the poll.
Of course RG3.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #213
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I gave you an example. Up 21 -6 with two minutes left at the end of the first half - we put the handcuffs on. We have to remember that our d is not on par with our o and go for the throat there.
What plays would you have had them run?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #214
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I meant when they take their feet off the gas during the games Matty. For instance - two minutes left in the first half and we are running the ball instead of doing whAt we did during the two min drive at the end of the game. We have rg3. They should hAve gone for the throat at the end of the half.
Well you do have to balance the fact that he is a rookie and in that spot up 21-6 the last thing you want is a huge swing in momentum with a pick 6 or something. Overall they've done a great job with him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #215
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Remember the blocked put in the aint's game, that swung momentum.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #216
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well you do have to balance the fact that he is a rookie and in that spot up 21-6 the last thing you want is a huge swing in momentum with a pick 6 or something. Overall they've done a great job with him.
Right now I think I trust him more than any other player or unit on the team. Going forward I think I'd like to see them shift towards letting him control the situations rather than simply controlling the situations for him. By my eyes he's ready.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #217
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,655
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What plays would you have had them run?
Well in Madden they go for it on 4th down on our own 20 and throw deep balls to Garcon on 3 consecutive plays .
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #218
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well you do have to balance the fact that he is a rookie and in that spot up 21-6 the last thing you want is a huge swing in momentum with a pick 6 or something. Overall they've done a great job with him.
and we knew we get the ball coming out of halftime.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #219
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Well in Madden they go for it on 4th down on our own 20 and throw deep balls to Garcon on 3 consecutive plays .
It wasnt fourth and twenty. It was first and ten with two minutes left in the half so not sure where you are coming from? SS they have certainly showed the ability to move the ball down field in a number of ways so take your pick. My point was that they were content to go into the half up 21 -6.
Saints game was another example yes. Moving the ball at will but during the two min drill at half instead of going for the throat. We clammed up and it cost us a td on the blocked punt. Jeez guys you know its ok to second guess some things the skins do - im not going to call you a bad fan. Really.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #220
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well you do have to balance the fact that he is a rookie and in that spot up 21-6 the last thing you want is a huge swing in momentum with a pick 6 or something. Overall they've done a great job with him.
He isnt playing like a rookie. In the saints game our apprehensiveness cost us 7 the other wAy. I have seen nothing from rg3 that tells me he will fold under pressure and throw a pick six. If he does he does. Im never ever going to say " oh my god - they should have sat on that lead and not let rg3 throw because he was moving the ball at will! ". Ever.
Also matty dont get me wrong. I think they are doing a great job with rg3. Im just saying dont stop doing it when you get a lead. Lol
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #221
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It wasnt fourth and twenty. It was first and ten with two minutes left in the half so not sure where you are coming from? SS they have certainly showed the ability to move the ball down field in a number of ways so take your pick. My point was that they were content to go into the half up 21 -6.
Saints game was another example yes. Moving the ball at will but during the two min drill at half instead of going for the throat. We clammed up and it cost us a td on the blocked punt. Jeez guys you know its ok to second guess some things the skins do - im not going to call you a bad fan. Really.
I don't think they were content at all. Are you saying they should have gone deep or something?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #222
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Also moving forward please don't say my ideas are ****ing idiotic. I never have or never would disrespect your opinions that way and would appreciated if you extended me the same respect.
Good for you bro. I've been pretty disappointed in the name-calling as of late, which almost uniformly seems to come from Shanny apologists.

Name-calling from mods though is extra lame...kinda reminiscent of ES if you ask me.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #223
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Recapping Redskins Win over Buccaneers in Saved By the Bell Animated Gifs - Hogs Haven
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #224
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Good for you bro. I've been pretty disappointed in the name-calling as of late, which almost uniformly seems to come from Shanny apologists.

Name-calling from mods though is extra lame...kinda reminiscent of ES if you ask me.
Agitated posting begets agitated posting. And some posts ARE just totally ***ing idiotic. Not saying I agree in this particular case (or not) but in general I think when bad ideas are brought up they should be pointed out.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #225
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Play-calling was most definitely an issue in the 2nd half, and in combo with the secondary it allowed the Bucs back in the game. I don't remember a single deep pass in the 2nd half. Not that we're connecting on a lot, but the threat of it is worth the risk, and even if it's picked the field position on a deep pick isn't scary like a turnover near the LOS.

Bottom line is if we're going to have any chance of winning a few more games (looking at the schedule) this offense, and I'm referring to coaching/play-calling here, needs to put 4 quarters of football together. Since week 1 I think we've seen about two good quarters from the offense in each game.

Obviously the same goes for defense, but I don't wanna seem greedy
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28892 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25