Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Your MVP of the week goes to...
Griffin III 79 84.04%
Morris 11 11.70%
Kerrigan 2 2.13%
other 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #226
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think they were content at all. Are you saying they should have gone deep or something?
They ran the ball twice i believe. They certainly looked content to me. I dont think deep was imperative. We had almost two minutes. Im sayin metriculate the ball down the field. There was an obvious difference between the two min drive at the half and the one at the end of the game rite?? There was urgency at the end and pressure beyond belief and rg3 went down and got points. If we had urgency at the end of half maybe the game would have been in the bag. Credskin you said we knew we were gettin the ball in the second half. So what though? Is it a crime to pour it on. Lol. We also knew our d was probably going to come back down to earth in the second half.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #227
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Agitated posting begets agitated posting. And some posts ARE just totally ***ing idiotic. Not saying I agree in this particular case (or not) but in general I think when bad ideas are brought up they should be pointed out.
Its all opinion for the most part bro. So i dont think anything is an "idiotic idea". I mean if you are going to say grossman is better than rg3 than thats one thing. What we have on this board are people who believe the skins are on the rite track and people who think they may not be. However we all Hope they are and if it wasnt for some minor differences in opinion or thought this would be a terribly boring place to visit. So instead of people wAnting to twist words around and go to extremes maybe we can just listen - digest - and agree or disagree. I mean Bucket just because People want to see the skins try and get points everytime they have the ball with two mins left does not mean we play madden and want to throw three bombs. Lol
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #228
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Okay. Slowly emerging from the debbie downers to enjoy the victory. While I long for a game ending "Victory Formation". I don't think we will be seeing one of those for a bit and shouldn't have expected it.

We lost our best D player and someone who the D was intended to be built around. If he was still playing, I think we are 3-1 and this game was nearly as close. Who knows.

On offense, sorry. Anyone calling for MS or KS heads right now, are you seeing the point production I am? Sure, the D's we've been playing have not been the best in the league, but they aren't exactly pansies either. TBay was the number 1 rush defense (admittedly in part b/c their back end is as bad as ours) - we handled them. The offense is working and working well. We have had four games of 24 points or more. Let me say that again - FOUR GAMES OF 24 POINTS OR MORE. I cannot remember that happening. The number of hits on Griff was substantially reduced this week. The line, still a weak point, is (seemingly) playing better as the season goes on. The coaches are putting RGIII in a position produce points and possibly win the game, and he is doing more than we could have expected a rookie to do. Not as much as we maybe hoped, but more than we had a right to expect. He's both physically and mentally tougher than anyone gave him credit for at the beginning of the year. All those stories we drooled over about his character barely scratched the surface.

The D needs to tighten up. If it can, we can win more games than we lose. I don't know if it can, b/c I don't know if it has the personnel to play the type of pressure D MS/JH want it to do and I don't know if MS/JH know how to adjust for the loss of Orakpo and Carriker.

As others have said, we simply aren't good enough to blow teams out. Maybe by the back-end of the season, our O starts being the scary good it can be. Maybe, by the back end of the season, some of the young O-line can step up. I got nothing on D except prayers that JH has a come-to-Jesus moment and gets it turned around.

From this point on, except for the Cleveland game, I don't see us favored to beat anyone on the schedule (maybe the Panthers at home). I think we stealing a few that we should lose and maybe, just maybe, break .500 mark. All the NFC East teams are flawed and I don't think anyone in the Division is unbeatable.

It's early, we have a tough schedule and our D needs to get it's sh** together. We have a long ways to go, hopefully, it is exciting football all the way to the final Dallas game.

HTTR
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #229
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

As for those calling for Cooley - I'm just not seeing it, Paul makes a clutch catch, makes some good kick off returns and is, otherwise, a beast on ST. I haven't seen large portions of a couple of the games, has he had the dropsies? It seems to me he hasn't been targeted but that Keim and a couple other beat writers have said his blocking is more than adequate. Not sure what Cooley adds as a recieving threat or blocker that isn't better spent on Paul getting a full season under his belt at a new position.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #230
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
As for those calling for Cooley - I'm just not seeing it, Paul makes a clutch catch, makes some good kick off returns and is, otherwise, a beast on ST. I haven't seen large portions of a couple of the games, has he had the dropsies? It seems to me he hasn't been targeted but that Keim and a couple other beat writers have said his blocking is more than adequate. Not sure what Cooley adds as a recieving threat or blocker that isn't better spent on Paul getting a full season under his belt at a new position.
yes on the dropsies - and i believe he had a really dumb penalty at a somewhat crucial moment yesterday - i forget rite now.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #231
Camp Scrub
 
aircoryell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 94
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Looks like DeAngelo Hall didn't make the trip with the team and stayed in Tampa to evaluate some injury he suffered. Hope it's nothing serious.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/EAvhb.gif

I have seen the promised land, and it is beautiful.
aircoryell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #232
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Thumbs up Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay. Slowly emerging from the debbie downers to enjoy the victory. While I long for a game ending "Victory Formation". I don't think we will be seeing one of those for a bit and shouldn't have expected it.

We lost our best D player and someone who the D was intended to be built around. If he was still playing, I think we are 3-1 and this game was nearly as close. Who knows.

On offense, sorry. Anyone calling for MS or KS heads right now, are you seeing the point production I am? Sure, the D's we've been playing have not been the best in the league, but they aren't exactly pansies either. TBay was the number 1 rush defense (admittedly in part b/c their back end is as bad as ours) - we handled them. The offense is working and working well. We have had four games of 24 points or more. Let me say that again - FOUR GAMES OF 24 POINTS OR MORE. I cannot remember that happening. The number of hits on Griff was substantially reduced this week. The line, still a weak point, is (seemingly) playing better as the season goes on. The coaches are putting RGIII in a position produce points and possibly win the game, and he is doing more than we could have expected a rookie to do. Not as much as we maybe hoped, but more than we had a right to expect. He's both physically and mentally tougher than anyone gave him credit for at the beginning of the year. All those stories we drooled over about his character barely scratched the surface.

The D needs to tighten up. If it can, we can win more games than we lose. I don't know if it can, b/c I don't know if it has the personnel to play the type of pressure D MS/JH want it to do and I don't know if MS/JH know how to adjust for the loss of Orakpo and Carriker.

As others have said, we simply aren't good enough to blow teams out. Maybe by the back-end of the season, our O starts being the scary good it can be. Maybe, by the back end of the season, some of the young O-line can step up. I got nothing on D except prayers that JH has a come-to-Jesus moment and gets it turned around.

From this point on, except for the Cleveland game, I don't see us favored to beat anyone on the schedule (maybe the Panthers at home). I think we stealing a few that we should lose and maybe, just maybe, break .500 mark. All the NFC East teams are flawed and I don't think anyone in the Division is unbeatable.

It's early, we have a tough schedule and our D needs to get it's sh** together. We have a long ways to go, hopefully, it is exciting football all the way to the final Dallas game.

HTTR

Yes sir. If we get the pass defense to play at an above average level this team could make the playoffs and then who knows what might happen. Not saying we can't do it this year but one more year of draft and shuffling FA we should be playoff bound and anything less unacceptable.
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #233
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

I think at the end of the first half it was more about lack of execution than anything else. I also think the Tampa D at the end of the game was giving up a lot more underneath because they didn't fear a long Cundiff attempt.

And I know, I know I'm a Kyle apologist, a kool aid drinker, etc...but I'm not sure I'll ever understand why fans spent so long saying Mike and Kyle are too stubborn, too unwilling to play to their player's talents. That the offense does nothing. But when the offense does something and we do play to our player's talents they get grief for that too. I mean what do you want exactly?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #234
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
They ran the ball twice i believe. They certainly looked content to me. I dont think deep was imperative. We had almost two minutes. Im sayin metriculate the ball down the field. There was an obvious difference between the two min drive at the half and the one at the end of the game rite?? There was urgency at the end and pressure beyond belief and rg3 went down and got points. If we had urgency at the end of half maybe the game would have been in the bag. Credskin you said we knew we were gettin the ball in the second half. So what though? Is it a crime to pour it on. Lol. We also knew our d was probably going to come back down to earth in the second half.
I like that kind of aggression, especially when the other team seems to be playing in a "prevent" defense but sometimes conservative play calling has its place. I was personally dissappointed to see us go conservative at the end of the half but I understood that they were probably concerned about the possibility of stopping the clock and giving TB just enough time to score 3 or 6 on our weak defense just before the end of the half.

I agree that with RG3 we should certainly stay more aggressive than usual but to ALWAYS stay aggressive is going overboard. It is the inverse of being too conservative.

If there was any lack of confidence from MS/KS in RG3's ability to run the 2 minute drill before this game I would be willing to bet that they are CERTAINLY more confident now, after the two-minute drill at the end when the headset failed. I don't think there is enough evidence to have reason for concern there.

Last edited by imaskin4life; 10-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #235
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Geesh. From the pregame collision:

Meriweather - MRI but minor
Aldrick Robinson - concussion, was knocked out for a minute!

Brandon Meriweather to undergo MRI on knee

When the score became 21-19...my wife asked me if the Skins are cursed in some way. Freak incidents like this make me wonder...
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #236
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

I for one am ecstatic about the play of our offense. I would like to see alittle more of the "urge to kill" factor. I believe this team is capable of winning on any given sunday. partly because for years now we are in almost every game, and also the parody of the league this year i think allows for it. I will be disappointed as a Redskins fan if we dont make the playoffs this year because - well - im a Redskins fan. If we dont make the playoffs again next year I will be in a deep depression because I think that will mean it is almost time start over again. uggh.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #237
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,620
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post

I agree that with RG3 we should certainly stay more aggressive than usual but to ALWAYS stay aggressive is going overboard. It is the inverse of being too conservative.
Yes - when we have a lead of two touchdowns and there is under 5 minutes to play it is ok to take your foot off the pedal and milk the clock. Or of course if your backed up on your own one and its a close game you may want to go conservative and live to fight another day - agreed conservative has its place
yeah how great was that two min drive man? holy cannolis
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #238
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I for one am ecstatic about the play of our offense. I would like to see alittle more of the "urge to kill" factor. I believe this team is capable of winning on any given sunday. partly because for years now we are in almost every game, and also the parody of the league this year i think allows for it. I will be disappointed as a Redskins fan if we dont make the playoffs this year because - well - im a Redskins fan. If we dont make the playoffs again next year I will be in a deep depression because I think that will mean it is almost time start over again. uggh.
After every game we lose I wake up from a trance two hours later while I am doing something illegal.
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #239
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yes - when we have a lead of two touchdowns and there is under 5 minutes to play it is ok to take your foot off the pedal and milk the clock. Or of course if your backed up on your own one and its a close game you may want to go conservative and live to fight another day - agreed conservative has its place
yeah how great was that two min drive man? holy cannolis
It's been great every time he does it - rams, bengals, and bucs. every time
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #240
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,603
Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

this is the most confusing Post Game Reaction thread of all time.

We won; people still pissed or wondering why. We won; people hate Shanny. We are 2-2 after the first 4; we are the worst team in football. RG3 is exceeding all expections along with the offense; why hasnt Shanny turned this team around? We won; people are mad at the kool aid.

I must be confused about the expectations of this team.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33080 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25