Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,917
Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Forgive the self indulgent post, I was going to put this in the Postgame thread but it ended up being long and I figured on a victory Monday I may get some mercy from the crowd..

My wife and I drove over to Tampa from Ft. Lauderdale for the game this weekend and had an incredible trip..

First we coincidentally ended up staying at the same hotel as the team so as we were checking in Saturday afternoon I saw Hall, Paul, LoAx, Morris, Fletcher, Merriweather, Kerrigan, Banks, Sonny and a few other players that I didn't recognize. Also saw Mike Sellars who lives in the area and came to visit. I'm not an autograph/picture guy so we just people watched and I just pointed out some of the players to my wife who is new to football and the Redksins..

The only picture I took was with D. Hall because I've got friend who can't stand him so I texted him the pic. He immediately replied, 'That's the tightest coverage Hall has had all year!'. Saturday evening the Mrs. and I had dinner at the same restaurant as Morris and the DB group so I pointed out a few more players to her. I'm not a star struck type of person but it was cool seeing so many players in a casual environment.

At the stadium, it was probably about 1/3 Redskins fans.. The section we were in was pretty heavily Redskins fans so my perception may be a little skewed. Let me say this, RG3 gets it. When the team came out of the tunnel, he came down to the corner of the endzone where a bulk of Skins fans were, did his prayer and then pointed in acknowledgement to the sections of Skins fans.

Watching him in person is electric. I lived in Atlanta during the early Vick years and attended a bunch of games when he was starting out, let me tell you, Griffin is light years ahead of where Vick ever was. His poise is impressive, his speed on the field sets him apart from other players and his ball has some serious zip. The difference between his passes and Freeman's were noticeable. I was talking with a Bucs fan behind us and he was loving/envying RG3 all game long. Our seats were at the front of the endzone where Griffin scored his rushing TD and led the game winning drive. I've got a decent cell phone video of his TD that I might post if I get time.

Needless to say we were riding high early and stressing late but the comeback was incredible to experience live. You just felt that he was going to lead the team back. After his run, it really felt like half the stadium was chanting RG3! RG3! RG3! I haven't had a chance to watch the broadcast so I'm not sure if it was audible or not. Either way, after Cundiff made the kick, the sections of Redskins fans went nuts.. HTTR being sung and chants of RG3 everywhere. Even walking out to the parking lot, the chants and song were heard outside the stadium from those still inside.

It was a great time and this was the 2nd NFL game for my wife, her first was the Redskins/Dolphins game here last year where all she said afterwards was 'I love you but your team is kinda sorry' but all she talked about on the ride back was that now she is a full on Redskins fan. HTTR!
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Forgive the self indulgent post, I was going to put this in the Postgame thread but it ended up being long and I figured on a victory Monday I may get some mercy from the crowd..

My wife and I drove over to Tampa from Ft. Lauderdale for the game this weekend and had an incredible trip..

First we coincidentally ended up staying at the same hotel as the team so as we were checking in Saturday afternoon I saw Hall, Paul, LoAx, Morris, Fletcher, Merriweather, Kerrigan, Banks, Sonny and a few other players that I didn't recognize. Also saw Mike Sellars who lives in the area and came to visit. I'm not an autograph/picture guy so we just people watched and I just pointed out some of the players to my wife who is new to football and the Redksins..

The only picture I took was with D. Hall because I've got friend who can't stand him so I texted him the pic. He immediately replied, 'That's the tightest coverage Hall has had all year!'. Saturday evening the Mrs. and I had dinner at the same restaurant as Morris and the DB group so I pointed out a few more players to her. I'm not a star struck type of person but it was cool seeing so many players in a casual environment.

At the stadium, it was probably about 1/3 Redskins fans.. The section we were in was pretty heavily Redskins fans so my perception may be a little skewed. Let me say this, RG3 gets it. When the team came out of the tunnel, he came down to the corner of the endzone where a bulk of Skins fans were, did his prayer and then pointed in acknowledgement to the sections of Skins fans.

Watching him in person is electric. I lived in Atlanta during the early Vick years and attended a bunch of games when he was starting out, let me tell you, Griffin is light years ahead of where Vick ever was. His poise is impressive, his speed on the field sets him apart from other players and his ball has some serious zip. The difference between his passes and Freeman's were noticeable. I was talking with a Bucs fan behind us and he was loving/envying RG3 all game long. Our seats were at the front of the endzone where Griffin scored his rushing TD and led the game winning drive. I've got a decent cell phone video of his TD that I might post if I get time.

Needless to say we were riding high early and stressing late but the comeback was incredible to experience live. You just felt that he was going to lead the team back. After his run, it really felt like half the stadium was chanting RG3! RG3! RG3! I haven't had a chance to watch the broadcast so I'm not sure if it was audible or not. Either way, after Cundiff made the kick, the sections of Redskins fans went nuts.. HTTR being sung and chants of RG3 everywhere. Even walking out to the parking lot, the chants and song were heard outside the stadium from those still inside.

It was a great time and this was the 2nd NFL game for my wife, her first was the Redskins/Dolphins game here last year where all she said afterwards was 'I love you but your team is kinda sorry' but all she talked about on the ride back was that now she is a full on Redskins fan. HTTR!
That is awesome! RGIII is my only chance to get my son (4) now to be a Skins fan he is all about the Ravens; we live in B-more.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Great story man! HAIL
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Awesome story, Pain. That's great and great your wife got to share that with you.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,348
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Looked like a lot of Skins fans in attendance. Pretty cool to hear another RG3 chant while on the road. Must be a lot of Skins fans in the area too. When I was on vacation in Clearwater earlier this year whenever I wore Skins gear I would get comments. Everyone was geeked about RG3 even back then.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,403
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Good stuff, I was going to start a new thread but I'll ask this question. Do we have better WR's now or is Ike Hillard a better WR coach than Keenan McCardell.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Great review. You may not have been aware of this since you were in the seats, but apparently, the Bucs stadium crew pulled the plug on RG3's headset for that last drive. That was ALL him.


RG3 brushes off headset malfunction in 'Skins' win; Santana Moss suspects Bucs sabotage - Yahoo! Sports
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,585
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Good stuff, I was going to start a new thread but I'll ask this question. Do we have better WR's now or is Ike Hillard a better WR coach than Keenan McCardell.
The simple answer is we have a better qb.

I was a big hater of one receiver coach back when I first joined, and still think he hung around way too long. But the difference an accurate qb makes has to be night and day, if nothing else because receivers and coaches don't look at the tape wondering if it was the qb or wr at fault. Not to say Griffin doesn't make bad throws, but it's got to be easier when the qb is consistent with where his target is going to be.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,853
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The simple answer is we have a better qb.

I was a big hater of one receiver coach back when I first joined, and still think he hung around way too long. But the difference an accurate qb makes has to be night and day, if nothing else because receivers and coaches don't look at the tape wondering if it was the qb or wr at fault. Not to say Griffin doesn't make bad throws, but it's got to be easier when the qb is consistent with where his target is going to be.
I think on top of better QB, we also have better receivers. But QB is of course the difference maker.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,407
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Forgive the self indulgent post, I was going to put this in the Postgame thread but it ended up being long and I figured on a victory Monday I may get some mercy from the crowd..

My wife and I drove over to Tampa from Ft. Lauderdale for the game this weekend and had an incredible trip..

First we coincidentally ended up staying at the same hotel as the team so as we were checking in Saturday afternoon I saw Hall, Paul, LoAx, Morris, Fletcher, Merriweather, Kerrigan, Banks, Sonny and a few other players that I didn't recognize. Also saw Mike Sellars who lives in the area and came to visit. I'm not an autograph/picture guy so we just people watched and I just pointed out some of the players to my wife who is new to football and the Redksins..

The only picture I took was with D. Hall because I've got friend who can't stand him so I texted him the pic. He immediately replied, 'That's the tightest coverage Hall has had all year!'. Saturday evening the Mrs. and I had dinner at the same restaurant as Morris and the DB group so I pointed out a few more players to her. I'm not a star struck type of person but it was cool seeing so many players in a casual environment.

At the stadium, it was probably about 1/3 Redskins fans.. The section we were in was pretty heavily Redskins fans so my perception may be a little skewed. Let me say this, RG3 gets it. When the team came out of the tunnel, he came down to the corner of the endzone where a bulk of Skins fans were, did his prayer and then pointed in acknowledgement to the sections of Skins fans.

Watching him in person is electric. I lived in Atlanta during the early Vick years and attended a bunch of games when he was starting out, let me tell you, Griffin is light years ahead of where Vick ever was. His poise is impressive, his speed on the field sets him apart from other players and his ball has some serious zip. The difference between his passes and Freeman's were noticeable. I was talking with a Bucs fan behind us and he was loving/envying RG3 all game long. Our seats were at the front of the endzone where Griffin scored his rushing TD and led the game winning drive. I've got a decent cell phone video of his TD that I might post if I get time.

Needless to say we were riding high early and stressing late but the comeback was incredible to experience live. You just felt that he was going to lead the team back. After his run, it really felt like half the stadium was chanting RG3! RG3! RG3! I haven't had a chance to watch the broadcast so I'm not sure if it was audible or not. Either way, after Cundiff made the kick, the sections of Redskins fans went nuts.. HTTR being sung and chants of RG3 everywhere. Even walking out to the parking lot, the chants and song were heard outside the stadium from those still inside.

It was a great time and this was the 2nd NFL game for my wife, her first was the Redskins/Dolphins game here last year where all she said afterwards was 'I love you but your team is kinda sorry' but all she talked about on the ride back was that now she is a full on Redskins fan. HTTR!
That comment is hilarious
What'd you think of the pirate ship?
I saw someone cutting it down,I always thought it would be pretty cool to watch a game from it
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,917
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
That comment is hilarious
What'd you think of the pirate ship?
I saw someone cutting it down,I always thought it would be pretty cool to watch a game from it
You know, I actually think it's pretty cool. I've been to Ray-J a few times before and sat near it once. It is unique which I like and is probably a lot of fun to watch the game from.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,917
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
You knew damn well the team was staying at that hotel
Lol, I had no clue.. We walked in and I looked to my left and thought, damn, that guy looks like Lorenzo Alexander.. And that guy looks like Brandon Merriweather.. Wait a minute, that's DeAngelo Hall getting off the elevator! It literally was like bam, bam, bam before it clicked that it was the team hotel. There were also 2 weddings going on so the lobby was jammed with people so if I didn't know those players we probably wouldn't have even known they were staying there.

Lots of fanboys in the lobby though getting autographs and pictures. A couple of ladies were lingering about as well. My wife asked 'are those players wives or girlfriends?' I said, 'Uh no babe, those are groupies.' Gave me a chance to peek though, lol.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,466
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

I was listening on the radio late in the 4th quarter and you could audibly hear the RGIII chants in the stadium.

Sounds like a great experience. Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER. - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Looked like a lot of Skins fans in attendance. Pretty cool to hear another RG3 chant while on the road. Must be a lot of Skins fans in the area too. When I was on vacation in Clearwater earlier this year whenever I wore Skins gear I would get comments. Everyone was geeked about RG3 even back then.

It's been like that all year on the road iN STL there were a lot of skins fans that showed up. Griff is making us that noticeable again.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,021
Re: Observations from Tampa & Raymond James Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Looked like a lot of Skins fans in attendance. Pretty cool to hear another RG3 chant while on the road. Must be a lot of Skins fans in the area too. When I was on vacation in Clearwater earlier this year whenever I wore Skins gear I would get comments. Everyone was geeked about RG3 even back then.
Surprisingly, there are a lot of Skins fans in S Fl. Ray J is a cool place to see a game. Fans are cool. The Cannon only pisses you off if you're on the receiving end of a loss......
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Its all the political correct idiots in America, thats all it is. Its got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33120 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25