Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #136
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,608
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Gano isn't coming back cause that would make the coaches look bad.
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #137
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

I can't believe he hasn't been released today.
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #138
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
I can't believe he hasn't been released today.
Well they probably will just wait until they sign someone. And that likely won't happen before tomorrow when they'll bring in some kickers for try outs
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #139
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Gano isn't coming back cause that would make the coaches look bad.
Exactly. Remeber happy days when the fonz would say he was wrong or sorry. I was wr....wr.....wr..... - that would be shanny. Lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #140
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
We should sign Josh Brown instead. He was cut because of that Rookie kicker St Louis got.
You and I may get our wish. Brown and Mare among the kickers coming in tomorrow
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #141
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,125
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You and I may get our wish. Brown and Mare among the kickers coming in tomorrow
no rackers? then my vote is for josh brown.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #142
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,435
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

I personally want to see...Kai Forbath

- 2009 Lou Groza award winner.

-10-13 from 50+ yards in his career at UCLA.

- 2011 year on IR in Dallas.

- 2012 Preseason he's 5-5 including 2 from 40-49 and 2 from 50+. Connor Barth's won the job over him.

Edit : Just saw a rumor that he's one that the Redskins are trying out? Would be awesome.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #143
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I personally want to see...Kai Forbath

- 2009 Lou Groza award winner.

-10-13 from 50+ yards in his career at UCLA.

- 2011 year on IR in Dallas.

- 2012 Preseason he's 5-5 including 2 from 40-49 and 2 from 50+. Connor Barth's won the job over him.

Edit : Just saw a rumor that he's one that the Redskins are trying out? Would be awesome.
Wow. How the hell is this guy not on a roster already?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #144
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Redskins to audition potential Cundiff replacements Tuesday | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #145
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,435
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Woot! I hope Kai gets the job.. Young stud, who could be a beast.

As a junior in 2009, he connected on another three field goals from 50 yards or more and has now made 9 of 12 tries from that length. Competing with Leigh Tiffin of Alabama and Blair Walsh of Georgia, Forbath was named the winner of the 2009 Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award.

Forbath attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he played for the UCLA Bruins football team from 2006 to 2010. After redshirting his initial year at UCLA, Forbath made 25 of 30 field goals and all 30 points after touchdowns (PATs) for a team-high 105 points in 2007. He became the first UCLA player to record five field goals of at least 50 yards in a season, including a freshman-best 54-yarder versus Oregon. In his sophomore year, Forbath received first-team All-Pacific-10 honors after making 19 of 22 field goals on the season, including his last 13 straight.

After being projected as the second-best kicker in the 2011 NFL Draft, Forbath was not selected. However, on August 2, 2011, he signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent, and was subsequently placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. He was waived on April 16, 2012
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero

Last edited by Bucket; 10-08-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #146
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,125
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I personally want to see...Kai Forbath

- 2009 Lou Groza award winner.

-10-13 from 50+ yards in his career at UCLA.

- 2011 year on IR in Dallas.

- 2012 Preseason he's 5-5 including 2 from 40-49 and 2 from 50+. Connor Barth's won the job over him.

Edit : Just saw a rumor that he's one that the Redskins are trying out? Would be awesome.
completely off my radar, if he can improve upon 2 touchbacks on 9 kickoffs, welcome aboard.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #147
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Woot! I hope Kai gets the job.. Young stud, who could be a beast.

As a junior in 2009, he connected on another three field goals from 50 yards or more and has now made 9 of 12 tries from that length. Competing with Leigh Tiffin of Alabama and Blair Walsh of Georgia, Forbath was named the winner of the 2009 Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award.

Forbath attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he played for the UCLA Bruins football team from 2006 to 2010. After redshirting his initial year at UCLA, Forbath made 25 of 30 field goals and all 30 points after touchdowns (PATs) for a team-high 105 points in 2007. He became the first UCLA player to record five field goals of at least 50 yards in a season, including a freshman-best 54-yarder versus Oregon. In his sophomore year, Forbath received first-team All-Pacific-10 honors after making 19 of 22 field goals on the season, including his last 13 straight.

After being projected as the second-best kicker in the 2011 NFL Draft, Forbath was not selected. However, on August 2, 2011, he signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent, and was subsequently placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. He was waived on April 16, 2012
How is he on kickoffs?
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #148
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,483
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Kai sounds like he has upside but thats what we thought about Gano,I'd pass.I want somebody thats proven he can hit under pressure in the NFl.I'd still rather have rackers then brown or mare
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #149
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Kobra Kai Forbath

I like it
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #150
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,125
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Kobra Kai Forbath

I like it
get cundiff a body bag!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27591 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25