Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #151
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,648
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Woot! I hope Kai gets the job.. Young stud, who could be a beast.

As a junior in 2009, he connected on another three field goals from 50 yards or more and has now made 9 of 12 tries from that length. Competing with Leigh Tiffin of Alabama and Blair Walsh of Georgia, Forbath was named the winner of the 2009 Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award.

Forbath attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he played for the UCLA Bruins football team from 2006 to 2010. After redshirting his initial year at UCLA, Forbath made 25 of 30 field goals and all 30 points after touchdowns (PATs) for a team-high 105 points in 2007. He became the first UCLA player to record five field goals of at least 50 yards in a season, including a freshman-best 54-yarder versus Oregon. In his sophomore year, Forbath received first-team All-Pacific-10 honors after making 19 of 22 field goals on the season, including his last 13 straight.

After being projected as the second-best kicker in the 2011 NFL Draft, Forbath was not selected. However, on August 2, 2011, he signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent, and was subsequently placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. He was waived on April 16, 2012
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero

Last edited by Bucket; 10-08-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Bucket is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #152
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I personally want to see...Kai Forbath

- 2009 Lou Groza award winner.

-10-13 from 50+ yards in his career at UCLA.

- 2011 year on IR in Dallas.

- 2012 Preseason he's 5-5 including 2 from 40-49 and 2 from 50+. Connor Barth's won the job over him.

Edit : Just saw a rumor that he's one that the Redskins are trying out? Would be awesome.
completely off my radar, if he can improve upon 2 touchbacks on 9 kickoffs, welcome aboard.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #153
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Woot! I hope Kai gets the job.. Young stud, who could be a beast.

As a junior in 2009, he connected on another three field goals from 50 yards or more and has now made 9 of 12 tries from that length. Competing with Leigh Tiffin of Alabama and Blair Walsh of Georgia, Forbath was named the winner of the 2009 Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award.

Forbath attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he played for the UCLA Bruins football team from 2006 to 2010. After redshirting his initial year at UCLA, Forbath made 25 of 30 field goals and all 30 points after touchdowns (PATs) for a team-high 105 points in 2007. He became the first UCLA player to record five field goals of at least 50 yards in a season, including a freshman-best 54-yarder versus Oregon. In his sophomore year, Forbath received first-team All-Pacific-10 honors after making 19 of 22 field goals on the season, including his last 13 straight.

After being projected as the second-best kicker in the 2011 NFL Draft, Forbath was not selected. However, on August 2, 2011, he signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent, and was subsequently placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. He was waived on April 16, 2012
How is he on kickoffs?
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #154
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,521
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Kai sounds like he has upside but thats what we thought about Gano,I'd pass.I want somebody thats proven he can hit under pressure in the NFl.I'd still rather have rackers then brown or mare
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #155
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,383
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Kobra Kai Forbath

I like it
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #156
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Kobra Kai Forbath

I like it
get cundiff a body bag!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #157
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

You cut the SOB today and bring back Gano. I don't care, Cundiff's kickoffs are not worth the 30 yard misses.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #158
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
get cundiff a body bag!
Do it for Johnny!!!!!
Edit: did i quote the outsiders instead of the karate kid?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #159
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You cut the SOB today and bring back Gano. I don't care, Cundiff's kickoffs are not worth the 30 yard misses.
Your sig is brilliant
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #160
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Do it for Johnny!!!!!
Edit: did i quote the outsiders instead of the karate kid?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stay golden, mr. miyagi
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #161
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Another name I forgot is out there is Ryan Longwell. He'd be worth a try. Also John Kasay is accurate, just doesn't have the long distance kick/kickoffs anymore.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #162
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Another name I forgot is out there is Ryan Longwell. He'd be worth a try. Also John Kasay is accurate, just doesn't have the long distance kick/kickoffs anymore.
onsides, every time!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #163
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Your sig is brilliant
Thanks...I just changed it about an hour ago... I didn't think anyone would notice that quickly.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #164
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,660
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

I will find it hard to believe that none of these other kickers will be an upgrade to Cundiff, so I'm hoping tomorrow is a good day for these guys. The Kai guy sounds interesting, plus he's young.

My Ravens friends are giving me a hard time about Cundiff and rightfully so..I hope we ditch this guy quickly!
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #165
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Thanks...I just changed it about an hour ago... I didn't think anyone would notice that quickly.
Cant see it on tapatAlk phone app. Can you type it or if its a pic what is it ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26009 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25