Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #166
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Cant see it on tapatAlk phone app. Can you type it or if its a pic what is it ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's a pic of norv turner eating chili at what looks to be a county fair, he's got it all over his shirt and face, great pic.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #167
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
it's a pic of norv turner eating chili at what looks to be a county fair, he's got it all over his shirt and face, great pic.
Hahahaha. Nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #168
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Hahahaha. Nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'm just pulling your leg, but can anyone photoshop that for me?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #169
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

here's his real sig below:

RG3, RGIII, RG三, RG३, RGγʹ, RGג, RG٣, RG๓, RG..., RG셋, RGԳ!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #170
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

There was no justifiable reason for them to cut Gano. The season hadn't even started yet before his release in favor of Cundiff.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #171
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
There was no justifiable reason for them to cut Gano. The season hadn't even started yet before his release in favor of Cundiff.
they thought cundiff was hot shit. thought maybe he just needed a fresh start on a new team, something along those lines?

to paraphrase slj from juice:

just because you pour syrup on shit, don't make it pancakes
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #172
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Gano was near the bottom of the league in FG % the past couple of seasons, so there certainly was a reason to look for an upgrade. Unfortunately they didn't find it in Cundiff.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #173
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
they thought cundiff was hot shit. thought maybe he just needed a fresh start on a new team, something along those lines?

to paraphrase slj from juice:

just because you pour syrup on shit, don't make it pancakes
Graham Gano is a free agent. They should be begging for him to come back. Mike Shanahan has no one else to blame for Cundiff's inconsistencies other than himself. To hand him the kicking job so freely after Gano had won it matter-of-factly was a big time lapse in judgement. Shanahan should have known better.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #174
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Gano was near the bottom of the league in FG % the past couple of seasons, so there certainly was a reason to look for an upgrade. Unfortunately they didn't find it in Cundiff.
Mattyk, I hear you loud and clear. Gano's biggest problem was consistency. But he made most of his FGs last season; not counting the one's that were blocked by the opposing special teams that our special teams unit failed to block. Still, this was a new year. Shanahan can cut and sign whoever he wants. But Gano never truly lost the job and Cundiff never truly won it either.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #175
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Mattyk, I hear you loud and clear. Gano's biggest problem was consistency. But he made most of his FGs last season; not counting the one's that were blocked by the opposing special teams that our special teams unit failed to block. Still, this was a new year. Shanahan can cut and sign whoever he wants. But Gano never truly lost the job and Cundiff never truly won it either.
Gano is a 73% kicker for his career.

He truly lost the job, sorry.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #176
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Gano is a 73% kicker for his career.

He truly lost the job, sorry.
look at the start of someone like morten andersen's career, he was worse than 73% through his first 3 seasons. he ended up having a whopper of a career.

food for thought
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #177
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Gano is a 73% kicker for his career.

He truly lost the job, sorry.
He lost the job but not through competition like it should have been. You point out Gano's lowly field goal percentage, but the man made a 59 yard kick last season and Cundiff couldn't make a 57 yard kick 8 days ago against the Bucs. Mike Shanahan erred in his decision to cut Gano and to sign Cundiff. Both of those choices were poor in my estimation.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #178
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i'm just pulling your leg, but can anyone photoshop that for me?
Thanks. Im driving home from west virginia. I gotta piss like a racehorse. The dog is in the back seat farting. And i have a vision of norv eating chili dogs like a slob at a country fair in my head.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #179
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Thanks. Im driving home from west virginia. I gotta piss like a racehorse. The dog is in the back seat farting. And i have a vision of norv eating chili dogs like a slob at a country fair in my head.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i forgot you were in west virginia, how was the snake handling?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #180
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,609
Poor rattler. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25999 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25