Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #196
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think it's pretty evident that Gano's only true believer at Redskins Park is Danny Smith, and maybe Gano doesn't want to subject himself to a tryout only to walk away without a contract. Maybe he feels like if he's got to go back there it better be guaranteed he's got the job. Or else he'll just wait
Chris Russell and rich tandler have both been on espn980 and essentially said shanahan got rid of gano because he was openly religious and it put a lot of players off.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #197
Impact Rookie
 
VegasSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Gano was near the bottom of the league in FG % the past couple of seasons, so there certainly was a reason to look for an upgrade. Unfortunately they didn't find it in Cundiff.
I agree with this. While its turned out horribly. I still think it was the right move at the time. Hard to predict that miss in the playoffs would give cub diff the yips.
VegasSkinsFan is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #198
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Chris Russell and rich tandler have both been on espn980 and essentially said shanahan got rid of gano because he was openly religious and it put a lot of players off.
Lol
imaskin4life is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #199
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Chris Russell and rich tandler have both been on espn980 and essentially said shanahan got rid of gano because he was openly religious and it put a lot of players off.
Well that's a pretty shitty reason if that's true


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #200
Impact Rookie
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well that's a pretty shitty reason if that's true
I agree with that!

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is online now  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #201
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well that's a pretty shitty reason if that's true


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno. I can understand how being openly religious is a put off. I don't think I could be around someone who was preaching in my ear 24/7. Religious convictions should be a personal thing until the guys are "off the clock" i.e. not practicing, what not.

Nothing's wrong with embracing your religion and even talking about it with some of the guys on a one on one or friendly basis, but its another thing for it to be all you ever talk about/trying to convert.

Although in this situation, maybe it would'v been best for Shanahan to let that slide...
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #202
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Chris Russell and rich tandler have both been on espn980 and essentially said shanahan got rid of gano because he was openly religious and it put a lot of players off.
"Graham, we've asked you time and time again to tone down the religion talk but you just can't seem to control yourself. So for that reason its best that we part ways. Now your Sundays will be free to talk about religion all you want."
imaskin4life is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #203
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,525
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I dunno. I can understand how being openly religious is a put off. I don't think I could be around someone who was preaching in my ear 24/7. Religious convictions should be a personal thing until the guys are "off the clock" i.e. not practicing, what not.

Nothing's wrong with embracing your religion and even talking about it with some of the guys on a one on one or friendly basis, but its another thing for it to be all you ever talk about/trying to convert.

Although in this situation, maybe it would'v been best for Shanahan to let that slide...
Dude should have been cut for his kicking,not religion
Isnt RG3 openly religous? Joe Gibbs?
Everybody hated Gibbs because he was openly religous{sarcasm}
Shanny should be fired for being openly stupid
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #204
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Dude should have been cut for his kicking,not religion
Isnt RG3 openly religous? Joe Gibbs?
Everybody hated Gibbs because he was openly religous{sarcasm}
Shanny should be fired for being openly stupid
Openly to me means, openly preaching it. If you're at work, you work. It's like when Victoria Jackson was on SNL telling everyone they were sinners and going to hell. You're there to tell jokes, tell jokes.

You're there to kick the ball, kick the ball.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #205
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

there's a time and a place, why do you think they hate on tebow?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #206
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
there's a time and a place, why do you think they hate on tebow?
Because he's a shitty QB.

I mean the thing with RG3 and Gibbs is I doubt they were in the locker room preaching the word of God. They were/are probably all football when it counted. What they do when their teammates aren't around and the cameras are off is their business.

Everyone knows Gibbs is a devout Christian but on the field and in the locker room he was a Hall of Fame coach.

I don't know what Gano did or didn't do but the moral of the story was it must've been upsetting to the some of the players. Gano wasn't that great of a kicker anyway. Religious beliefs or not, I don't think him getting cut was a huge loss. (Minus the fact we ended up with Cundiff )
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 AM   #207
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,218
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Chris Russell and rich tandler have both been on espn980 and essentially said shanahan got rid of gano because he was openly religious and it put a lot of players off.
Too bad his god didn't answer his prayers about being a good consistent kicker. Guess he should have prayed harder.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #208
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Too bad his god didn't answer his prayers about being a good consistent kicker. Guess he should have prayed harder.


Winner!
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #209
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

My feelings are mixed. Almost every single player thanks god as part of a celebration after a big play. I'm a religious person but I find it absurd and distracting. But the point is, it's hypocritical for players to be upset at one guy for talking about religion privately amongst the team when the same players make showy displays and point to heaven after a touchdown in front of 100 million people. What I'm getting at is football is overwhelmingly religious as it is. People should just be more tolerant. If gano is the best kicker available, it shouldn't matter what he believes or how much he talks about it. Judge him on his play and nothing else....

That said, for all we know gano is some freak bringing snakes into the locker room and trying to get team mates to sacrifice chickens before every game lol
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #210
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
My feelings are mixed. Almost every single player thanks god as part of a celebration after a big play. I'm a religious person but I find it absurd and distracting. But the point is, it's hypocritical for players to be upset at one guy for talking about religion privately amongst the team when the same players make showy displays and point to heaven after a touchdown in front of 100 million people. What I'm getting at is football is overwhelmingly religious as it is. People should just be more tolerant. If gano is the best kicker available, it shouldn't matter what he believes or how much he talks about it. Judge him on his play and nothing else....

That said, for all we know gano is some freak bringing snakes into the locker room and trying to get team mates to sacrifice chickens before every game lol
I'm with you. You just explained it better than I ever could. Thanks!
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29129 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25