Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #211
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

we all need to pray for gano
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #212
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Chris Russell and rich tandler have both been on espn980 and essentially said shanahan got rid of gano because he was openly religious and it put a lot of players off.
That sounds like a fable. If it's true, then the Redskins front office is pretty stupid. If players don't like it, all they have to do is tell Gano to shut the hell up.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #213
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Chris Russell and rich tandler have both been on espn980 and essentially said shanahan got rid of gano because he was openly religious and it put a lot of players off.
That sounded a bit absurd, but I asked them this morning if they ever said anything like that or if it's even true. The answer "Never. 100% not true. Zero chance of that."
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #214
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,438
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Seems like a lot of the Redskins I follow on Twitter are "openly religious", so this doesn't make much sense at all.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #215
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That sounded a bit absurd, but I asked them this morning if they ever said anything like that or if it's even true. The answer "Never. 100% not true. Zero chance of that."
Good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #216
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,239
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Seems like a lot of the Redskins I follow on Twitter are "openly religious", so this doesn't make much sense at all.
Matty seems to me ,no matter who your team is, whenever a placekicker makes an attempt...everyone prays......one way or another.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #217
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Gano is pretty hard core conservative and maybe not the most "open-minded" person from what I know...but again, according to them, not the reason he was let go and not the reason he's not coming back.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #218
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That sounded a bit absurd, but I asked them this morning if they ever said anything like that or if it's even true. The answer "Never. 100% not true. Zero chance of that."
Well thats not what Chris Said on ESPN980.

Check the ESPN980 Audio Vault - 10/7/2012 Chris Russell Post Game and start listening around the 6 minute mark.

Al Michaels: Would Shanahan bring him (Cundiff) back? Do you think he'd swallow his pride and..

Russell: No, i dont think he will, because i dont think Mike likes him very much

Al : Do you know why that is? What is it that he specifically doesnt like about him?

Chris: i know some things. Hes frustrated with his consistency... and then there's other elements to it that i'm not quite sure if that, you know, necessarily belongs in this forum, but you know - Graham is a very religious person and i've heard some things that that irked some people. So you know, there's something to that i beleive. I don't know that absolutely 100% for sure, and i dont want to accuse somebody of something, but that is what i was told.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #219
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Al Michaels on 980? Anyway, I don't know what to tell you. It's no secret MS doesn't like Gano, like he didn't like Atogwe. And it's not secret Gano is conservative/religious. But I asked "did you say Gano was cut and isn't coming back because he's too religious and it bothers the team" I can ask again
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #220
Camp Scrub
 
skinswarpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Posts: 1
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Cundiff shouldn't have even been on the airplane back home!!!
skinswarpaint is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #221
Impact Rookie
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinswarpaint View Post
Cundiff shouldn't have even been on the airplane back home!!!
Agreed

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #222
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Al Michaels on 980? Anyway, I don't know what to tell you. It's no secret MS doesn't like Gano, like he didn't like Atogwe. And it's not secret Gano is conservative/religious. But I asked "did you say Gano was cut and isn't coming back because he's too religious and it bothers the team" I can ask again
I definitely lose alot of respect for him for denying he said something on live radio. If you listen to it, its obvious he was uncomfortable talking about it. Maybe he broke someones confidence and is trying to do damage control.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #223
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

If it's at all true then there has to be something more to it. Like he directly attacked a teammate for their lifestyle choice or something like that. But I seriously doubt it, because Gano never says a word
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You

Last edited by SmootSmack; 10-09-2012 at 11:17 AM.
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #224
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Maybe Gano is a radical Santerian? It must get old coming back to your locker and finding chicken entrails and blood everywhere.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #225
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,831
Re: Should Billy Cundiff still be cut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
Agreed

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

Dude can you lose that quote or put it under the quote line? It is annoying; it shows up on Taptalk too. I am tired of reading it; thinking it is part of your post.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26804 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25