Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Goat of the week...
RG3's head 12 18.18%
Cundiff 41 62.12%
Cousins 4 6.06%
other 9 13.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #301
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Let's see where they stand after 16 games. It's a long season.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #302
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,008
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

yes it is, I'd be surprised if they finished 8-8
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #303
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,102
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Question: are the Redskins a good team? 2-3 and 1 game out of first place in the division ain't bad at all. But the Redskins have been in every game within the first five games of the season. But the Redskins can't win at FED EX FIELD. Teams that are good don't have long losing streaks on their own home field. But the Redskins play exceptionally well on the road.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #304
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

No, the redskins are not a good football team. Our defense is atrocious and won't get substantially better this year, and maybe not even next (thank you cap penalty).

I predict a losing season in 2012 and perhaps in 2013 as well.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #305
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Geez some of you sound bitter...can't even acknowledge the good in other teams. That's sad.

It's true Fisher hasn't won a Lombardi, but also true that throughout most of his tenure in Tennessee he faced powerhouses in New England, Indy, and Pittsburgh, and that's just in the AFC!! He's clearly turned the Rams culture around for the better, and he's a very good coach. He solidly outcoached our staff. I do expect them to be a winning team if not this season then next.

...and I can already see the threads discussing the "far better" roster Fisher inherited in St. Louis vs the one Shanahan inherited in DC lol.
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #306
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
You know I'm probably too far on the stay the course side of things.

I just don't think we could attract any proven talent here. If I'm a top gm candidate would I really want to go somewhere that has a huge cap hit and no first round picks for the next couple years.

And I I'm a coach like gruden, cowher, or another top name do I go some place where MS, a potential HOF candidate, just failed.

The type of people we would attract would be the guys that can't get a shot elsewhere. We could wind up with the next mike tomlin, but it would be a longshot.
Been thinking about this ever since you posted. Mike probably will go to the HOF just based on the two rings, right?
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #307
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Geez some of you sound bitter...can't even acknowledge the good in other teams. That's sad.

It's true Fisher hasn't won a Lombardi, but also true that throughout most of his tenure in Tennessee he faced powerhouses in New England, Indy, and Pittsburgh, and that's just in the AFC!! He's clearly turned the Rams culture around for the better, and he's a very good coach. He solidly outcoached our staff. I do expect them to be a winning team if not this season then next.

...and I can already see the threads discussing the "far better" roster Fisher inherited in St. Louis vs the one Shanahan inherited in DC lol.
Yeah...we're the bitter ones.

Fisher's Titans had to face AFC powerhouses, he deserves total praise!!...but wait, didn't Shanahan's Broncos face those same powerhouses?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #308
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,114
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Geez some of you sound bitter...can't even acknowledge the good in other teams. That's sad.
That's ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
...and I can already see the threads discussing the "far better" roster Fisher inherited in St. Louis vs the one Shanahan inherited in DC lol.
Didn't that same Ram's talent beat us several times the past few years?

2008 -We lose 19-17
2009 - We win 9-7. (this game should have been a loss as well)
2010- We lose 30-16.
2011 - We win 17-10
2012 - We lose 31-28


So the Rams record against us since 2008 is 3-2. I'd say Fisher had better talent starting out than Shanahan did. (not to mention a franchise QB)

Your proof they didn't have better talent?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #309
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah...we're the bitter ones.

Fisher's Titans had to face AFC powerhouses, he deserves total praise!!...but wait, didn't Shanahan's Broncos face those same powerhouses?
I don't think anyone can honestly say the AFC West division was as competitive as the AFC South in those years. Is that what your saying?
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #310
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I don't think anyone can honestly say the AFC West division was as competitive as the AFC South in those years. Is that what your saying?
When were the Steelers and Patriots in the AFC South?..and yeah anyone could honestly say the West was as competitive
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #311
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That's ironic.



Didn't that same Ram's talent beat us several times the past few years?

2008 -We lose 19-17
2009 - We win 9-7. (this game should have been a loss as well)
2010- We lose 30-16.
2011 - We win 17-10
2012 - We lose 31-28


So the Rams record against us since 2008 is 3-2. I'd say Fisher had better talent starting out than Shanahan did. (not to mention a franchise QB)

Your proof they didn't have better talent?
Yes, the Rams have had our number, like most the rest of the NFL. What's your point?

LOL at the St. Louis roster comment!!!! Up until this year all we heard is how awful the Rams were, and they look pretty good now. Fisher must be doing something right
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #312
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
When were the Steelers and Patriots in the AFC South?..and yeah anyone could honestly say the West was as competitive
Please tell me who in the AFC West was good like the Colts were under Manning since Elway retired?

If you dig too far we won't be able to hear each other SS
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #313
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Please tell me who in the AFC West was good like the Colts were under Manning since Elway retired?

If you dig too far we won't be able to hear each other SS
James Cameron couldn't build a machine to get to as deep in the hole as you are.

You forget that Fisher got to play the mediocre to average Jaguars and Texans four times a year? (with some exceptions for the Jaguars, usually when the Titans were bad)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #314
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah...we're the bitter ones.

Fisher's Titans had to face AFC powerhouses, he deserves total praise!!...but wait, didn't Shanahan's Broncos face those same powerhouses?
Fisher did fare alittle better against those teams though and by my count has more than one playoff win over the last 14 years. He is in his first year with the rams and did beat shanny who is in his third year with the redskins. I think the goat is misunderstood. Lol. I dont see bitter i see sick of losing. I see a fan that wants his team to win again. Dont you ever get frustrated by the losing and sick of the positive - all is well - 6-10 is better than 3-13 - next year is our year crap? I do.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #315
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That's ironic.



Didn't that same Ram's talent beat us several times the past few years?

2008 -We lose 19-17
2009 - We win 9-7. (this game should have been a loss as well)
2010- We lose 30-16.
2011 - We win 17-10
2012 - We lose 31-28


So the Rams record against us since 2008 is 3-2. I'd say Fisher had better talent starting out than Shanahan did. (not to mention a franchise QB)

Your proof they didn't have better talent?
No way except bradford and rg3 is better and we still lost. They had no wr's until we made amendola a household name and our d has been more highly ranked and regarded than theirs for years. Their oline has been a mess just like ours. If anything its a push. Plus bradford was crap last year but we all want to call him a franchise qb because that is what fisher had that shanny didnt. Excuses excuses excuses.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43170 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25