Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Goat of the week...
RG3's head 12 18.18%
Cundiff 41 62.12%
Cousins 4 6.06%
other 9 13.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #391
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
His pay definitely outweighs his play. Apparently 42 mill is not an issue i guess though when it comes to garcon???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not because if he does have his expected upswing he's basically a steal. Plus look at guys like Miles Austin, Laurant Robinson, Sidney Rice, Nate Washington. Comparable performances comparable salaries.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #392
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Pierre Garcon is not a bust. he has 9 receptions for 180 something yards with a 19 yard per catch average and 1 TD. As we all know, he's been hurt. There's 11 games left for him to do damage.
Apparently, Goat and a few others didn't get the word.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #393
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's not because if he does have his expected upswing he's basically a steal. Plus look at guys like Miles Austin, Laurant Robinson, Sidney Rice, Nate Washington. Comparable performances comparable salaries.
Four wrongs dont make a rite. I know he is injured - but its his foots. The drops have nothing to do with his foot - thats what made me question him.

Edit: his foot. Lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #394
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Four wrongs dont make a rite. I know he is injured - but its his foots. The drops have nothing to do with his foot - thats what made me question him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So possible pain from his foot as he is running the route and every step he takes could be messing with him has absolutely nothing to do with him catching a ball?

I guess Santonio Holmes should have held on to the ball when he got hurt too.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #395
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
So possible pain from his foot as he is running the route and every step he takes could be messing with him has absolutely nothing to do with him catching a ball?

I guess Santonio Holmes should have held on to the ball when he got hurt too.
Well the routes looked good on the drops so if your question is do i think the pain is causing a problem with focus on the catch but not running the route i would say no. Drops in indy were the knock too not speed or anything else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #396
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,588
Anyway listen. Im not down on our wr's. dont think they are a huge issue or even really an issue. Im nit picking i guess. I like garcon. Just wondering if he is worth the money thats all. I dont think he is a bust at all. Just hope he pans out to be a legit number one. Sure we all do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #397
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Four wrongs dont make a rite. I know he is injured - but its his foots. The drops have nothing to do with his foot - thats what made me question him.

Edit: his foot. Lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Garcon has dropped passes. Lack of concentration. Looking up field before securing the football. All receivers have drops. Even Megatron, Andre Johnson, and DeSean Jackson.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #398
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The Rams will be a dangerous team in the very near future. 3 years from now they might be what the early 1990s Dallas Cowboys were then. I expect them to be a playoff team by the start of the 2015 season. As far as how far they'll go is anyone's guess.
I think they could be in the playoffs even even in 2014, they'll have two consecutive years with two 1st round picks. But who knows, Fisher had some struggles in Tenn. Seemed like it was related to squabbles w/ the FO and GM mostly?
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #399
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Garcon has dropped passes. Lack of concentration. Looking up field before securing the football. All receivers have drops. Even Megatron, Andre Johnson, and DeSean Jackson.
Well and all qb's throw interceptions. Brett favre , Dan Marino - doesnt mean sexy rexy is getting a pass? Lol. Not comparing garcon to rex , but megatron and johnson have certainly earned and deserve their money. Desean jackson - ehhh. If Garcon has a couple years that remotely resemble megatron and johnson than the drops will not make me worry. I promise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #400
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,649
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

I'm dropping out of this thread faster then Garcon drops a slant route! ZINGGG...

Anyways.. Falcons are bye bye.. Hello Vikings
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #401
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post944502 (Redskins vs. Bengals Post Game Reaction)

I can probably use this all season long...
44ever is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #402
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well and all qb's throw interceptions. Brett favre , Dan Marino - doesnt mean sexy rexy is getting a pass? Lol. Not comparing garcon to rex , but megatron and johnson have certainly earned and deserve their money. Desean jackson - ehhh. If Garcon has a couple years that remotely resemble megatron and johnson than the drops will not make me worry. I promise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully, we'll see Garcon receive more passes and hold on to them. Even if he's getting hit he shouldn't drop a pass.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #403
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Hopefully, we'll see Garcon receive more passes and hold on to them. Even if he's getting hit he shouldn't drop a pass.
Agreed. There are alot of folks in the football world who question the money and the ability of him to be a good number one. I think it is a good discussion. Not sure how the question of him being a solid number one worth that kind of money warrants sarcastic comments like "oh yeah hes a bust - he sucks ". Lol.
Edit: so quick to always write off peoples comments with a label of either a hater or an apologist.
Can i start a thread where the words homer, apologist, hater, debbie downer, and homer are not allowed to be used? That way we might all learn to try and see both sides of a "discussion"instead of one side of an "argument".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.

Last edited by punch it in; 10-10-2012 at 03:32 PM.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #404
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Hopefully, we'll see Garcon receive more passes and hold on to them. Even if he's getting hit he shouldn't drop a pass.
Garçon will have the game of his life this weekend, because I have benched him on my fantasy squad. You can thank me later.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #405
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Agreed. There are alot of folks in the football world who question the money and the ability of him to be a good number one. I think it is a good discussion. Not sure how the question of him being a solid number one worth that kind of money warrants sarcastic comments like "oh yeah hes a bust - he sucks ". Lol.
Edit: so quick to always write off peoples comments with a label of either a hater or an apologist.
Can i start a thread where the words homer, apologist, hater, debbie downer, and homer are not allowed to be used? That way we might all learn to try and see both sides of a "discussion"instead of one side of an "argument".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because some people have legitimately said he is, or that he's clearly headed that way
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32230 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25