Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Goat of the week...
RG3's head 12 18.18%
Cundiff 41 62.12%
Cousins 4 6.06%
other 9 13.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #76
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Argh. I hate when it's "buy high, sell low". Oh well.
Already gave away Bailey, Rogers, Landry, even if they didn't want to be here, that's a lot top 10 picks to let go. Yes, we got Portis but also away a 2nd rounder, blah, blah.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #77
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They won't...get a 1st
They'll get 2 Firsts!
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #78
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Exactly, with or without RG3 we weren't winning this game today.
I guess after watching him the first 4 games this season, i think your attempt at making a point falls miserably flat. Rg3, down one score with a quarter and a half left, and it doesnt matter, he would have lost it regardless? Bullshit. Had he not gotten injured, he could have easily brought this team back for a win. No logic in ur comment, especially since he has at times slung this team over his shoulder almost on a weekly basis, and won the game, or at least willed the team and gave us a shot at the win.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #79
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I guess after watching him the first 4 games this season, i think your attempt at making a point falls miserably flat. Rg3, down one score with a quarter and a half left, and it doesnt matter, he would have lost it regardless? Bullshit. Had he not gotten injured, he could have easily brought this team back for a win. No logic in ur comment, especially since he has at times slung this team over his shoulder almost on a weekly basis, and won the game, or at least willed the team and gave us a shot at the win.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
I have to agree. When he got hurt the game was still very much up for grabs. Who knows what could have happened.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #80
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,364
How'd cousins look? Griffs hit was pretty hard
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #81
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I guess after watching him the first 4 games this season, i think your attempt at making a point falls miserably flat. Rg3, down one score with a quarter and a half left, and it doesnt matter, he would have lost it regardless? Bullshit. Had he not gotten injured, he could have easily brought this team back for a win. No logic in ur comment, especially since he has at times slung this team over his shoulder almost on a weekly basis, and won the game, or at least willed the team and gave us a shot at the win.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
I know what I've seen from him. He's been great against the Bucs (1-3), the Saints (0-4), Did Ok/Good against the Rams (3-2) and Bengals (3-2). He has a lot of potential and is going to be a GREAT QB for us for years to come (so long as he stays healthy). But the Falcons are a great team (5-0) and good defense. RG3 can't play in the secondary so that is another factor of this game. When I watched him play today he didn't have any of those exciting plays. The Falcons did a great job containing RG3 and the CBs took away a lot of his passing windows. RG3 looked a tad off today, maybe it was the weather or something, but thats what good teams do is they take away great players from games. If I recall, RG3s only run of the day was when he got concussed. Oh and your probably going to bring up 'Well If Kirk could do...' well let me clue you in; They have no tape on Kirk and had no idea what to expect. Also I remember during the game that we went 1-9 on third down with RG3 in the game; if your not converting on 3rd down your not winning this game. Simple as that.

Also your comment is very hypocritical, because I'm just taking the loss side of it, while your taking the winning side of the argument. The fact of the matter is NEITHER of us know what would have really happened. So I can call BS to your 'argument' as well.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #82
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 780
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I have to agree. When he got hurt the game was still very much up for grabs. Who knows what could have happened.
Oh I agree too. If it was only a one score game, I believe RGIII is going to perform well. It hurt having KC in there without any practice.
Bushead is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #83
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

wrong cult. You made the statement that no matter what transpired to RG3, we would have lost the game, period point blank.

My point is that we could not have known what would happen, but if recent history is any indicator of possible outcomes, then my statement is that it would have been very reasonable to assume RG3 had plenty of time, talent and opportunity to win the game. A player of his caliber can very well make a difference in that situation, and it seems that you would dismiss everything he has done over the course of the first quarter of the season, and chalk it up to him performing well against poor defenses and the like. Your statement is ridiculous, but if you would like to keep arguing it, go right ahead. Fact is RG3 is a playmaker, and him leaving the game definitely hindered the team, as well as our chances of coming out of the game with a W, which was WELL WITHIN REACH, no matter how you would spin it.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #84
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we should prepare ourselves for the very real possibility that we won't see Orakpo, maybe ever again in a Redskins uniform. But that's another thread for another day.

I personally think we really miss Carriker more
This team isn't in the position to let go of good football players. I hope you're wrong.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #85
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This team isn't in the position to let go of good football players. I hope you're wrong.
is there some information that we don't know about concerning orakpo? Ot is he just going to be too expensive?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #86
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,364
I'd trade rak for a 2nd rder
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #87
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,525
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

And were 0-9 in our last 9 home games,unfathomable
So much for home field advantage,we dont have it
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #88
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 746
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

No team would give a 1st rounder for Orakpo, too worried about his health.
Evilgrin is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #89
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 780
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

I'm a bit suprised that the D-line isn't able to get any pressure. You would imagine that Stephen Bowen, Colefield and Kerrigan are all above average, right?
Bushead is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #90
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Falcons at Redskins Post Game Thoughts

Just got to watch the game, and am thankful for DVR because that was excruciating and "regular speed" would have killed me lol. The Falcons played their worst three quarters of football in the last three seasons, and then finally started to look like themselves in the 4th quarter. Up to that point Ryan was totally off his game. But you knew he'd get his head straight at some point and we'd lose (regardless of RG3's injury).

Once again we we're soundly outcoached in all phases of the game. The league has completely got Kyle's number unless he puts the game in RG3's hands.

After five games there are three resounding facts that any honest, intelligent observer has to make:

1) This defense is garbage compared to the one Mike and Bruce inherited.

2) Our best downfield targets are guys Mike and Bruce inherited. As I've said since the end of last season, Fred Davis is our best target and Moss second, though the way Kyle and maybe RG3 as a consequence force the ball toward other WRs, namely Garcon, our best WR isn't getting much work. Garcon just isn't very good.

3) And most importantly, the Skins are still far and away the worst team in the division.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it has gotten almost ridiculous to come here (I won't even go in to ES) and read posts defending the Shanahans, or anything about the current regime. These guys (not the players) are losers, in every sense of the word.

We have RG3, but to save him we've got to get a real coaching staff and FO in place.
The Goat is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.47763 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25