Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #61
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,876
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

If the 49ers front 7 could not get to Eli once, we probably won't and we don't have the secondary do keep up with Cruz, Nicks (has an injury), Bennet or Hixon. We better hope the Giants don't bring there A game because if they do, we have no shot. They are a better team, probably top three team in the NFL if they play their best. Just hope they underestimate us.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #62
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Two words. Trap. Game.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #63
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Not to be a downer...but I would be shocked if the Redskins beat the Giants.
So they beat the Vikings...a team a month ago that was expected to be 6-10 or so...we have lost to some average teams...yeah a win makes you feel good...but until we can beat a better team, we are in no position to be talking about leading the division...no way.
We are not there yet guys, please be more realistic and patient.
of course, I'd be thrilled to be wrong...I just don't see it.
We don't have the secondary or Oline to play at a playoff game level yet...this will be a good measure of how long it will take us to truly compete. I just hope we don't crack with late turnovers, penalties, etc that are typical with rebuilding teams.
So now we throw out beatting a better team in the Vikings beacaus they were picked to be 6-10 this year? That's great logic.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #64
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,120
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So now we throw out beatting a better team in the Vikings beacaus they were picked to be 6-10 this year? That's great logic.

But if we would have lost to them it would have been because "The redskins are just not on the level of Minnesota" Instead we beat them by 2 scores BTW and its not a huge deal.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #65
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
But if we would have lost to them it would have been because "The redskins are just not on the level of Minnesota" Instead we beat them by 2 scores BTW and its not a huge deal.
I'm a Redskin fan and all wins are huge deal.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #66
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm a Redskin fan and all wins are huge deal.
Yeah really
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #67
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,024
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
what if we score the same amount?
Then Donovan McNabb loses.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #68
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,098
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So now we throw out beatting a better team in the Vikings beacaus they were picked to be 6-10 this year? That's great logic.
eh, honestly i never thought they were that good to begin with, i dont buy christian ponder as i've stated before... the defense is ok, front 7 mainly.. and a better 2ndary than ours... lack of weapons in the passing game, percy harvin is ok but as a #1 he lacks size and possession ability.. just really dont buy them at 4-1 and i think they caught SF sleeping... good win... good team effort... we need to play better to beat the giants sunday
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #69
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
If the 49ers front 7 could not get to Eli once, we probably won't and we don't have the secondary do keep up with Cruz, Nicks (has an injury), Bennet or Hixon. We better hope the Giants don't bring there A game because if they do, we have no shot. They are a better team, probably top three team in the NFL if they play their best. Just hope they underestimate us.
I never get the no chance comments. first because its the nfl, and any given Sunday. second, we have shown the ability to play with this team (unless david wilson is a superman), and third the griffin factor. I understand we might not be favored, and a blowout is a possibility, but no chance? meaning no conceivable way that a combination of time consuming drives and turnovers with one or two 3 and outs sprinkled in could lead to us winning? I think a few more weeks of this team playing for a full 4quarters and the pessimists may finally be converted.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #70
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Two words. Trap. Game.
For the home team.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #71
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,876
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I never get the no chance comments. first because its the nfl, and any given Sunday. second, we have shown the ability to play with this team (unless david wilson is a superman), and third the griffin factor. I understand we might not be favored, and a blowout is a possibility, but no chance? meaning no conceivable way that a combination of time consuming drives and turnovers with one or two 3 and outs sprinkled in could lead to us winning? I think a few more weeks of this team playing for a full 4quarters and the pessimists may finally be converted.
I think we have a chance. In my post I was speaking to the fact that if both the redskins play as well as they possibly could, and the giants play as well as they possibly could, the Giants will win, and will probably win in a convincing manner. I agree anything can happen, but if both teams bring their A games, they Giants will win. If the Giants bring their C game like they did last year, we will can beat them if we execute. It depends on which NYG team shows up.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #72
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,072
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...giants-week-7/
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #73
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,876
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
eh, honestly i never thought they were that good to begin with, i dont buy christian ponder as i've stated before... the defense is ok, front 7 mainly.. and a better 2ndary than ours... lack of weapons in the passing game, percy harvin is ok but as a #1 he lacks size and possession ability.. just really dont buy them at 4-1 and i think they caught SF sleeping... good win... good team effort... we need to play better to beat the giants sunday
Harvin is not just ok, he makes plays for that team pretty consistently now and was a beast at Florida. I wouldn't call him just ok but I agree that the Vikings are not as good as their record would indicate.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #74
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,072
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Harvin is not just ok, he makes plays for that team pretty consistently now and was a beast at Florida. I wouldn't call him just ok but I agree that the Vikings are not as good as their record would indicate.
If Harvin was on a high profile team, he would be regarded as the best playmaker in the game. Dude can hurt you everywhere. Catching, running and kick returning.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #75
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,098
Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

he is good, a beast yes, just not as a number 1
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40423 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25