Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #46
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,121
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

I do agree that the NYG fan base heads have swelled because of those 2 Super Bowl wins over Brady and NE. But they met their match yesterday even though the managed to win the game.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #47
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 625
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

This must be a troll....
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #48
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,060
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I do agree that the NYG fan base heads have swelled because of those 2 Super Bowl wins over Brady and NE. But they met their match yesterday even though the managed to win the game.

.....and that never would have happen in Washington,ever.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #49
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,386
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I wonder if Archie knew his wifes uterus was going to be a quarterback factory.
LOL , maybe a new wing will be in the Pro Football Hall of fame . " This is were Peyton and Eli are from "
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #50
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,121
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.....and that never would have happen in Washington,ever.
Only if those Washington teams were great 14-2/13-3/12-4 etc. The NYG teams that won Super Bowls 42 & 46 were not great teams. They were 10-6 and 9-7 going into the playoffs those years. Especially the 2011 NYG team that at one point had a 4 game losing streak and a little luck within the post season. Their credibility in the SB comes from already have beaten the Patriots in New England during the regular season that year. But I don't see how a fan base can brag and boast about a lowly above average team that were fortunate to win out. They were nothing like the Saints and Packers in 2011.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #51
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,349
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Only if those Washington teams were great 14-2/13-3/12-4 etc. The NYG teams that won Super Bowls 42 & 46 were not great teams. They were 10-6 and 9-7 going into the playoffs those years. Especially the 2011 NYG team that at one point had a 4 game losing streak and a little luck within the post season. Their credibility in the SB comes from already have beaten the Patriots in New England during the regular season that year. But I don't see how a fan base can brag and boast about a lowly above average team that were fortunate to win out. They were nothing like the Saints and Packers in 2011.
You're really not helping your case here at all.

You want Giants fans to respect our wins in strike shortened years, but you're discrediting their wins by saying they were lucky or didn't have a great W/L record? Makes no sense.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,121
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You're really not helping your case here at all.

You want Giants fans to respect our wins in strike shortened years, but you're discrediting their wins by saying they were lucky or didn't have a great W/L record? Makes no sense.
Mattyk, I don't like the Giants and I'm beginning to dislike them more than the Cowboys, believe it or not. You don't live up here in NYC like I do. I don't want and care for their respect. The way they see us is the way I see them.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #53
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,349
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Mattyk, I don't like the Giants and I'm beginning to dislike them more than the Cowboys, believe it or not. You don't live up here in NYC like I do. I don't want and care for their respect. The way they see us is the way I see them.
Born and raised in NY, I've lived here for all of 2 years of my life, I know what it's like.

Either way your totally contradicting yourself in this thread.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #54
Camp Scrub
 
ForkLifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Down by the river
Age: 35
Posts: 20
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

In my mind, the best response is this: In 1982, the Redskins beat 4 other teams, including the Cowboys who featured multiple hall of famers in the primes of their careers, in the Championship game to finish the year out at 12-1.

In 1987, the Redskins beat the Bears, a team they had also beaten in the 1986 divisional playoff, in Chicago. That Chicago team was supposed to have won multiple super bowls, but they didn't due in large part to the fact that the Redskins were simply better than they were during 1986-1987. 8-4 in non-scab games. 3-0 in the playoffs. Giants were 6-6 with their regulars that year. And the same basic nucleus formed the 1991 team, which was undoubtedly one of the greatest of all time (despite the short memories of some).

If anything, the 1982 and 1987 teams benefitted from not having to face the 49ers , in 1982 because the 49ers were a mess, and in 1987 due to the Vikings upset. That Vikings team was dangerous in 1987, but the Redskins beat them twice when it mattered (although maybe the regular season game didn't matter so much).

Anyways, I don't know where I'm going with this....
ForkLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #55
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,356
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

helmet catch schmelmet catch
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #56
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,356
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.....and that never would have happen in Washington,ever.
never, you wouldnt even know we won, because we would be so modest about it and never ever ever talk about it. ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDIN ME - my head is still big and swollen because of 70 chip!!!!! Please give me another big swollen head again - PLEASE!

are they supposed to be ashamed of it?

:confused:

edit: as for the strike teams well - only difference a full season would have made is a few more W's for us.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #57
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

As far as I know all the teams played the same amount of games and had the same opportunity to win it as we did. The only difference is we did and they didn't. Whining about it doesn't change a thing.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #58
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
As far as I know all the teams played the same amount of games and had the same opportunity to win it as we did. The only difference is we did and they didn't. Whining about it doesn't change a thing.
Everyonce in a while my giant friends will point this out and they always resort to the fact that the scabs made it unfair because we had better scabs (which we did). They always wind up admitting that the true team was so good that it probably would not have made a difference though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #59
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,121
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Everyonce in a while my giant friends will point this out and they always resort to the fact that the scabs made it unfair because we had better scabs (which we did). They always wind up admitting that the true team was so good that it probably would not have made a difference though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whether we had better scabs than they did or not, that's a front office problem that falls on the general manager. If they weren't able to assemble a team with the best players that could be located then that's their fault. Bobby Beathard was like 10 GMs in one. He's truly the reason why the Redskins were so successful during that era.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #60
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,288
Re: The Legitimacy of Super Bowls 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
helmet catch schmelmet catch
Yea, where is he now?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27146 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25