Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #61
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

I've always been very impressed with Paulsen. I think he and Young will get some more action in the offense. I'm sure they'll consider Cooley as he knows the offense and is always around Redskins Park anyway, but I'd say the odds of him returning are 30-70 at the moment.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #62
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've always been very impressed with Paulsen. I think he and Young will get some more action in the offense. I'm sure they'll consider Cooley as he knows the offense and is always around Redskins Park anyway, but I'd say the odds of him returning are 30-70 at the moment.
Smoot real quick, any news on Fletcher? Ik he has an MRI tomorrow but u hear anything?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #63
Registered User
 
Deivybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 129
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Smoot real quick, any news on Fletcher? Ik he has an MRI tomorrow but u hear anything?
Better question update on jim haz being fired plzzzz.
Deivybaby is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #64
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Smoot real quick, any news on Fletcher? Ik he has an MRI tomorrow but u hear anything?
No idea
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Waz up with fletch? Man this team is snake bitten with injuries
He's 37.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
He's 37.
Shanahans fault for re-signing him.
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #67
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

I love CC but I don't think he brings anything to the table for us. He isn't better than Paulsen....stop and think about that, I'll wait....I'd rather see us just adjust and move some from PS up who has looked promising. At whatever position.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #68
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 741
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Not sure if it's Shanny's "fault". I'd have done it in a heartbeat. An iron man, pro-bowler, leader of a young inexperienced defense, and a man who recently has been putting up 100 tackle seasons..

Regardless, I'm very proud of our offense & team. RG3 makes up for all the injuries -- earlier it was the O-line, then Garcon, then DAvis, & defensive injuries -- but the next man up has been making it happen. With prior years, we would have crumbled with these injuries - but now I think it doesn't matter as much. Credit Shanahan and the depth he's creating, and Kyle's creative playcalling.


I get the feeling that RG3 can will us to win himself alone. Also feel that whoever we have in there by the years end - we could be dangerous if we get into the playoffs...
ethat001 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #69
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 871
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

@JasonLaCanfora: Redskins have reached out to former TE Chris Cooley, and deal likely to be finalized shortly. Reunion makes perfect sense for him and team
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #70
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Jason LaConfora (yuck) says that we have reached out to CC and expect a deal soon...
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #71
Special Teams
 
jdc65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 246
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

I know it's early yet, but not really, and a quality tight end has to be considered an absolute necessity. I don't see Davis coming back next year, as he is a free agent, and has been mostly underwelming since he was highly drafted in 08. Time to say goodbye to Fred. Cooley is at best a stopgap for the remainder of this season, and Niles Paul is not a tight end.

Joseph Fauria of UCLA will likely be available in the 2nd rd when the Skins select next year, and he should be on the short list of possible draftees. Almost 6'-8" at 260 lbs with ok 4.8 speed, he won't go in the first, but he offers a big time red zone target area, quality blocking, and after the catch run ability.

Tight end has to now be considered a must get and high priority for next year. Secondary help has to come from free agency as rookie secondary players are almost always unreliable. Jarius Byrd at FS with either Talib or Cromartie at corner.


In other words, build the offense around Griffin with high draft picks for future growth, and build the defense thru free agency for immediate results.
jdc65 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Not sure if it's Shanny's "fault". I'd have done it in a heartbeat. An iron man, pro-bowler, leader of a young inexperienced defense, and a man who recently has been putting up 100 tackle seasons..

Regardless, I'm very proud of our offense & team. RG3 makes up for all the injuries -- earlier it was the O-line, then Garcon, then DAvis, & defensive injuries -- but the next man up has been making it happen. With prior years, we would have crumbled with these injuries - but now I think it doesn't matter as much. Credit Shanahan and the depth he's creating, and Kyle's creative playcalling.


I get the feeling that RG3 can will us to win himself alone. Also feel that whoever we have in there by the years end - we could be dangerous if we get into the playoffs...
I was been sarcastic, because people like to blame him for everything.
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #73
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
I know it's early yet, but not really, and a quality tight end has to be considered an absolute necessity. I don't see Davis coming back next year, as he is a free agent, and has been mostly underwelming since he was highly drafted in 08. Time to say goodbye to Fred. Cooley is at best a stopgap for the remainder of this season, and Niles Paul is not a tight end.

Joseph Fauria of UCLA will likely be available in the 2nd rd when the Skins select next year, and he should be on the short list of possible draftees. Almost 6'-8" at 260 lbs with ok 4.8 speed, he won't go in the first, but he offers a big time red zone target area, quality blocking, and after the catch run ability.

Tight end has to now be considered a must get and high priority for next year. Secondary help has to come from free agency as rookie secondary players are almost always unreliable. Jarius Byrd at FS with either Talib or Cromartie at corner.
Is he related to Christian Fauria the former patriots TE?

Cromartie isn't going to be a FA, and is basically a taller DHall...
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Focus next year needs to be on Safety and CB's. We will resign Davis (the injury probably made that easier since no one will be paying a premium for a TE with 1 strike and coming off a major injury). OL seems to be solid in run and schemed ok for passing. Need to work on strengthening the back end of our Defense first, then any other area.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #75
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,189
re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've always been very impressed with Paulsen. I think he and Young will get some more action in the offense. I'm sure they'll consider Cooley as he knows the offense and is always around Redskins Park anyway, but I'd say the odds of him returning are 30-70 at the moment.


TK ‏@TKextremeskins

Dust off your 47 jerseys #redskins RT @Jsteelz_Httr: get ready to welcome back Cooley..Deal close, may be done yet tonight



I agree with you Smoot. I think Paulsen is doing a hell of a job. Much better than Niles Paul is at the moment.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28021 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25