Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins/Giants post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Goat of the week...
Secondary 45 48.39%
Turnovers 32 34.41%
Haslett 14 15.05%
other 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #76
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 34
Posts: 3,082
Fire all the coordinators, they all suck. We have all pro players all over the field, has to be the coaches. JK.
This loss in on both the offense and defense, we turned the ball over too much.
__________________
Spider 2 Y Banana Jr. is the new Head Coach.
redskins5044 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #77
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,584
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

We know that with RGIII, we are NEVER out of a game. That 4th down play followed by the Moss TD was just amazing.

We also know that with this D, no lead is safe.

We nearly overcame a six TO game. Learn and move on.

Very sucky about the injury bug. (Will Freddy spark it up now? Better watch his back.)

Amazingly weak calls against us--that motion penalty was absurd. And we lost by four...
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #78
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,882
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
Are we going to be in the playoffs? Probably not but I think we are definitely good enough to be in the playoffs.
We have no shot as a wildcard because two teams probably arent coming out of the NFC east. I do believe we are better than Dallas, and Philly. I believe that we are better than the Giants if we dont shoot ourselves in the foot. I think we win the division and than anything can happen. Plus - RG-3 (even though the turnovers - hey its the Giants d in their house) - continues to grow up on a weekly basis. I think it is scary how good he is going to be as the season progresses. Plus maybe Garcon and BW come back. Skins will win the division - im thinking 4-2 in the division.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #79
Impact Rookie
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 30
Posts: 811
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

The fact of the matter is our secondary is just not good enough for us to win close games consistantly. Wilson is the only player of any quality in our secondary and he is at best a # 2 CB. Hall literally plays 10 yards off of every receiver and gets beat, and Williams is the worst starting free safety in the NFL. He just watched Cruz run right by him. He wasn't covering anyone he was just standing there. I knew we scored too fast, I thought Giants would drive down for a tying field goal, but against our secondary you can just throw a 77 yard TD pass and skip the rest. I'm not even mad about the loss. More like disappointed, but also a realist. This is a year to make improvements and next year I think Skins will be in the playoffs. Got the Panthers hoping to town, really hoping to get to 4-4. *Edit - jumped the gun a little bit here, my bad, at Steelers next, always a fun place to play, still really hoping to get to 4-4. Also hoping its on National TV again here in SD so I can watch at home and save $.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 10-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #80
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We have no shot as a wildcard because two teams probably arent coming out of the NFC east. I do believe we are better than Dallas, and Philly. I believe that we are better than the Giants if we dont shoot ourselves in the foot. I think we win the division and than anything can happen. Plus - RG-3 (even though the turnovers - hey its the Giants d in their house) - continues to grow up on a weekly basis. I think it is scary how good he is going to be as the season progresses. Plus maybe Garcon and BW come back. Skins will win the division - im thinking 4-2 in the division.
I agree with almost everything but the giants statement, we are not better than them, they have all elements of the game to win and we don't yet...

Skins won't make the playoffs because the east will only get one team in and that's the giants.

Nfc north will have 2 teams, hell maybe 3. (Min, chi and gb) all are really good. Nfc west has SF and then the south has ATL so that's y we won't get in IMO.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #81
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,882
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I agree with almost everything but the giants statement, we are not better than them, they have all elements of the game to win and we don't yet...

Skins won't make the playoffs because the east will only get one team in and that's the giants.

Nfc north will have 2 teams, hell maybe 3. (Min, chi and gb) all are really good. Nfc west has SF and then the south has ATL so that's y we won't get in IMO.
5 turnovers and we were literally an inch from beating them in their house -we gave that game away. I think we beat Dallas twice, I think we split with the Eagles and beat the Giants at home. 4-2 in the division. We really need a win next week before the bye. We heal and have a 4-4 mark with 5 division games left. Im holding out hope on a division crown this year.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #82
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
The fact of the matter is our secondary is just not good enough for us to win close games consistantly. Wilson is the only player of any quality in our secondary and he is at best a # 2 CB. Hall literally plays 10 yards off of every receiver and gets beat, and Williams is the worst starting free safety in the NFL. He just watched Cruz run right by him. He wasn't covering anyone he was just standing there. I knew we scored too fast, I thought Giants would drive down for a tying field goal, but against our secondary you can just throw a 77 yard TD pass and skip the rest. I'm not even mad about the loss. More like disappointed, but also a realist. This is a year to make improvements and next year I think Skins will be in the playoffs. Got the Panthers hoping to town, really hoping to get to 4-4.
Not quite there yet on the schedule dude, we gotta go to Pittsburgh next week. Yeah their defense is old but I can just imagine what Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown could do to our secondary. They are still a tough team to beat.
mooby is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #83
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,882
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
^
How can you toast to the thought of not making the playoffs. LOL . I really cant sit here and say the Giants are a better team than us after what I saw today. We absolutely gave the game away and it was an away game. I dont think that the Skins winning the East is so far fetched. We are only two games out and we do play the Giants at home still.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #84
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,212
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
That is your philosophy - mine is that you consider the situation. The situation is that Eli Manning has a minute and a half to go down the field (which he does almost on a weekly basis). We KNOW our secondary sucks. So to put Wilson and Williams in a postion to do anything other than prevent seven is asking them to do to much. With our D and Eli Manning at home on a potential game winning drive - you play to hold them to three - you play it safe there. Yes - you are rite - if you are trying to convince me that we have the rite guy in charge of our Defense I will NEVER EVER agree with you
Like I said,you have Blinders on.. I appreciate you agreeing with me.

Although, asking Williams and Josh Wilson to apply double team on one guy and prevent anything less then a TD is TO MUCH?

They are professional athletes.. You're paying them to cover, and they failed at that. What else can you do in that situation? Prevent D with 3 safeties over top? Then what? Hope for a FG, and win the toss, and the HOPE that Eli doesn't march down the field and score a TD? Win the game on luck?

You have to put faith in the players on the field. You can't call situational play calls because you are afraid of someone you have on the field. That's just lunacy.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #85
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,598
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Thought Coefield and Riley had good games today. Reed was decent.

Thought the Oline was decent again today. Polumbus just sux.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #86
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 808
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
That is your philosophy - mine is that you consider the situation. The situation is that Eli Manning has a minute and a half to go down the field (which he does almost on a weekly basis). We KNOW our secondary sucks. So to put Wilson and Williams in a postion to do anything other than prevent seven is asking them to do to much. With our D and Eli Manning at home on a potential game winning drive - you play to hold them to three - you play it safe there. Yes - you are rite - if you are trying to convince me that we have the rite guy in charge of our Defense I will NEVER EVER agree with you
If we showed 2 deep every play that drive like you suggest we would've got dink and dunked all the way down the field. They only needed a field goal, you don't play it safe - you play to win the game. Every time we've "played it safe" this year we've gotten marched on all the way down the field. Eli and co. are too good and we are not good enough to play it safe.

Haslett called the right D if he call 2 deep man under like we think he did, had a guy that was supposed to be deep over Cruz, and he didn't make the play. This is the NFL - we can't treat guys like juveniles and have them stand on the goal line preventing TD's. We have to expect Madieu to make that play, he didn't, and thats why he will be replaced by the start of next year.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #87
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
5 turnovers and we were literally an inch from beating them in their house -we gave that game away. I think we beat Dallas twice, I think we split with the Eagles and beat the Giants at home. 4-2 in the division. We really need a win next week before the bye. We heal and have a 4-4 mark with 5 division games left. Im holding out hope on a division crown this year.
I would say split with all three teams IMO. We are much better than years previous but u have to understand that our d won't change it's dead last for a reason.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #88
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,829
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post
it looked to me like they were in man coverage with 2 safeties deep -each covering a half of the field. on that play wilson got beat in man and madieu williams sucks -dont know what williams was thinking or doing there
No, the safety's were not playing 2 deep. They were up just five to seven yards behind the cb's. Williams gambled early and shaded over the help the cb on the outside. The slot receiver easily got past Wilson and Williams was too far outside to make up the ground to go back to the inside receiver.

The safety's in that situation should have never been that close to the line of scrimmage. They should have been at least another 5 to 10 yards further back and they should not have committed that early in the play. Williams from the snap decided he was going to help the outside CB. Bad coaching. Bad play calling. Bad job by the players involved.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #89
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,882
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Haha don't hold your breath.
Well, do you think the Eagles and Cowboys are better than us? I dont. After the game you just watched - do you think we have a shot to beat the Giants at home? - I do. So we are two games out of the division lead with FIVE division games in hand. We have a quarterback and also overshadowed is that we have a field goal kicker. Our d is obviously a liability. The Giants D got gashed today - gashed. Ask Eagle fans what they think of their D. Ask Eagle fans what they think of their O? Ask Dallas fans the same questions. There is ABSOLUTELY no clear cut favorite in the NFC east. The Giants are currently 1-2 in the division (barely). So do not tell me they are running away with anything.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #90
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,882
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
If we showed 2 deep every play that drive like you suggest we would've got dink and dunked all the way down the field. They only needed a field goal, you don't play it safe - you play to win the game. Every time we've "played it safe" this year we've gotten marched on all the way down the field. Eli and co. are too good and we are not good enough to play it safe.

Haslett called the right D if he call 2 deep man under like we think he did, had a guy that was supposed to be deep over Cruz, and he didn't make the play. This is the NFL - we can't treat guys like juveniles and have them stand on the goal line preventing TD's. We have to expect Madieu to make that play, he didn't, and thats why he will be replaced by the start of next year.
I disagree. I think with Eli Manning and our secondary - and the fact that we are on the road - that you play it safe and hope to hell to hold them to a FG -
punch it in is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32817 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25