Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins/Giants post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Goat of the week...
Secondary 45 48.39%
Turnovers 32 34.41%
Haslett 14 15.05%
other 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #91
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Thought Coefield and Riley had good games today. Reed was decent.

Thought the Oline was decent again today. Polumbus just sux.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #92
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 907
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
That is your philosophy - mine is that you consider the situation. The situation is that Eli Manning has a minute and a half to go down the field (which he does almost on a weekly basis). We KNOW our secondary sucks. So to put Wilson and Williams in a postion to do anything other than prevent seven is asking them to do to much. With our D and Eli Manning at home on a potential game winning drive - you play to hold them to three - you play it safe there. Yes - you are rite - if you are trying to convince me that we have the rite guy in charge of our Defense I will NEVER EVER agree with you
If we showed 2 deep every play that drive like you suggest we would've got dink and dunked all the way down the field. They only needed a field goal, you don't play it safe - you play to win the game. Every time we've "played it safe" this year we've gotten marched on all the way down the field. Eli and co. are too good and we are not good enough to play it safe.

Haslett called the right D if he call 2 deep man under like we think he did, had a guy that was supposed to be deep over Cruz, and he didn't make the play. This is the NFL - we can't treat guys like juveniles and have them stand on the goal line preventing TD's. We have to expect Madieu to make that play, he didn't, and thats why he will be replaced by the start of next year.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #93
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
5 turnovers and we were literally an inch from beating them in their house -we gave that game away. I think we beat Dallas twice, I think we split with the Eagles and beat the Giants at home. 4-2 in the division. We really need a win next week before the bye. We heal and have a 4-4 mark with 5 division games left. Im holding out hope on a division crown this year.
I would say split with all three teams IMO. We are much better than years previous but u have to understand that our d won't change it's dead last for a reason.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #94
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,939
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post
it looked to me like they were in man coverage with 2 safeties deep -each covering a half of the field. on that play wilson got beat in man and madieu williams sucks -dont know what williams was thinking or doing there
No, the safety's were not playing 2 deep. They were up just five to seven yards behind the cb's. Williams gambled early and shaded over the help the cb on the outside. The slot receiver easily got past Wilson and Williams was too far outside to make up the ground to go back to the inside receiver.

The safety's in that situation should have never been that close to the line of scrimmage. They should have been at least another 5 to 10 yards further back and they should not have committed that early in the play. Williams from the snap decided he was going to help the outside CB. Bad coaching. Bad play calling. Bad job by the players involved.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #95
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,607
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Haha don't hold your breath.
Well, do you think the Eagles and Cowboys are better than us? I dont. After the game you just watched - do you think we have a shot to beat the Giants at home? - I do. So we are two games out of the division lead with FIVE division games in hand. We have a quarterback and also overshadowed is that we have a field goal kicker. Our d is obviously a liability. The Giants D got gashed today - gashed. Ask Eagle fans what they think of their D. Ask Eagle fans what they think of their O? Ask Dallas fans the same questions. There is ABSOLUTELY no clear cut favorite in the NFC east. The Giants are currently 1-2 in the division (barely). So do not tell me they are running away with anything.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #96
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,607
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
If we showed 2 deep every play that drive like you suggest we would've got dink and dunked all the way down the field. They only needed a field goal, you don't play it safe - you play to win the game. Every time we've "played it safe" this year we've gotten marched on all the way down the field. Eli and co. are too good and we are not good enough to play it safe.

Haslett called the right D if he call 2 deep man under like we think he did, had a guy that was supposed to be deep over Cruz, and he didn't make the play. This is the NFL - we can't treat guys like juveniles and have them stand on the goal line preventing TD's. We have to expect Madieu to make that play, he didn't, and thats why he will be replaced by the start of next year.
I disagree. I think with Eli Manning and our secondary - and the fact that we are on the road - that you play it safe and hope to hell to hold them to a FG -
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #97
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,607
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by defensewins View Post
no, the safety's were not playing 2 deep. They were up just five to seven yards behind the cb's. Williams gambled early and shaded over the help the cb on the outside. The slot receiver easily got past wilson and williams was too far outside to make up the ground to go back to the inside receiver.

The safety's in that situation should have never been that close to the line of scrimmage. They should have been at least another 5 to 10 yards further back and they should not have committed that early in the play. Williams from the snap decided he was going to help the outside cb. Bad coaching. Bad play calling. Bad job by the players involved.
thank you!
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #98
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
How can you toast to the thought of not making the playoffs. LOL . I really cant sit here and say the Giants are a better team than us after what I saw today. We absolutely gave the game away and it was an away game. I dont think that the Skins winning the East is so far fetched. We are only two games out and we do play the Giants at home still.
I don't toast it, I just agree with skinsfaninoks statement. Everyone here wants the Skins to win. Some of us have just been down this road a little longer. Anything can happen but had the Skins and the Giants both played their best, Giants would still come out on top this season. They are just a more complete team.
44ever is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #99
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Raheem Morris been a difference in our secondary? Big NOPE
D. Hall is decent. Pretty good in my mind for the most part. Meriweather hasn't played at all. Doughty is supposed to be a backup. M. Williams has shown he's not dependable at all. C. Griff seems pretty solid, but Wilson I think is kookoo for cocoa puffs.

I just don't think Morris is working with exactly a great crew of guys back there. Can't turn a rock into a diamond.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #100
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 907
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I disagree. I think with Eli Manning and our secondary - and the fact that we are on the road - that you play it safe and hope to hell to hold them to a FG -
we'd be 0-7 if all we did was hope to win games.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,655
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
No, the safety's were not playing 2 deep. They were up just five to seven yards behind the cb's. Williams gambled early and shaded over the help the cb on the outside. The slot receiver easily got past Wilson and Williams was too far outside to make up the ground to go back to the inside receiver.

The safety's in that situation should have never been that close to the line of scrimmage. They should have been at least another 5 to 10 yards further back and they should not have committed that early in the play. Williams from the snap decided he was going to help the outside CB. Bad coaching. Bad play calling. Bad job by the players involved.
How's that bad coaching? He called a over man double team. Do you want Haslett to step on to the field and hold Williams hips and show him where to line up pre-snap too?
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #102
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
D. Hall is decent. Pretty good in my mind for the most part. Meriweather hasn't played at all. Doughty is supposed to be a backup. M. Williams has shown he's not dependable at all. C. Griff seems pretty solid, but Wilson I think is kookoo for cocoa puffs.

I just don't think Morris is working with exactly a great crew of guys back there. Can't turn a rock into a diamond.
true. We need to add a new talent at Free Safety and replace D Hall with better talent. keep Wilson. draft another CB and keep Crawford.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #103
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,795
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
true. We need to add a new talent at Free Safety and replace D Hall with better talent. keep Wilson. draft another CB and keep Crawford.
Speaking of Crawford, he didn't play today, did he?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #104
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,607
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
I don't toast it, I just agree with skinsfaninoks statement. Everyone here wants the Skins to win. Some of us have just been down this road a little longer. Anything can happen but had the Skins and the Giants both played their best, Giants would still come out on top this season. They are just a more complete team.
Ive been a fan since the late 70's - seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Not sure how you can make that statement though about the Skins and Giants because if we play our best today we beat them in their house>? 5 turnovers - and we were a minute from beating them?
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #105
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 907
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Can we all agree that two NFL players should be able to guard one receiver? Jesus christ if i tell my starting corner and safety to guard one person (one person that everyone and their mother knows can stretch the field like pizza dough) i expect them to cover him. It was 2 on one, short pass long pass medium pass behind the back rocket pass whatever, he should not have been an option.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30420 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25