Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins/Giants post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Goat of the week...
Secondary 45 48.39%
Turnovers 32 34.41%
Haslett 14 15.05%
other 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #121
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,107
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Look, it's someone's fault that Madieu Williams is a significant part of our defense. Obviously, the issues the secondary is having were preventable at some point.

For the future, it's going to have to be a point of emphasis in the draft. There's not a whole lot we can do until then except enjoy the shootouts and hope not to turn the ball over four times next game.
Me and Gtripp agree on this. Secondary will obviously be a point of emphasis in the offseason, but we are just going to have to live with it until the end of the season.
mooby is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #122
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,789
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Did anyone actually think we didn't have a legit shot to win that game at the end? We're close to being a good team. We lost to a definitely good team today and didn't play our best. Considering we all had pretty modest expectations I can't get too down.
I did. But given we had four turnovers and countless penalties today, I guess I shouldn't of had such lofty expectations.

edit: Oh I totally read your post wrong. Thought you said DID. Not didn't.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #123
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,939
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
How's that bad coaching? He called a over man double team. Do you want Haslett to step on to the field and hold Williams hips and show him where to line up pre-snap too?
The play call was one of the problems.
Because we were up by 3 and there was what (?) less than 2 minutes left in the game AND it was 3rd and 10. We decide to play tight play man with our safety's playing shallow and moving forward? That goes against everything taught in Defense 101 in that situation.
In that situation the coaches should have told their safety's 'your first steps after the snap is backwards (towards your endzone) then react. Williams fist steps after the snap were forward and to the left. (I sound like Kramer on the spitter episode of Seinfeld.) When your safety's first steps on an obvious pass play are backwards you are less likely to get beat deep. Obviously we would have rather given up a short completion underneath then an easy TD. Our safety's were (1) out of position and (2) running the wrong way.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #124
Registered User
 
Deivybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 129
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Me and Gtripp agree on this. Secondary will obviously be a point of emphasis in the offseason, but we are just going to have to live with it until the end of the season.
Agreed. The best thing to do atleast is bench Williams is has clearly never been the same since his cincy days and for us to maybe sign some vet safeties in FA or young guys to come in and play. Seems to me we just are horrible at safety and Meriweather is still a question mark.

At this point we best off firing Haz and go ahead and give Raheem the keys to see what he got .
Deivybaby is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #125
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

I'm really starting to get sick and tired of the defense blowing leads. The Redskins would be 7-0 or 6-1 if it weren't for their bs secondary.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #126
Registered User
 
Deivybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 129
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I'm really starting to get sick and tired of the defense blowing leads. The Redskins would be 7-0 or 6-1 if it weren't for their bs secondary.
Because of this defense we might end up 6-10 or 7-9 when cut clearly we could be like 5-1 right now and finish 11-5 or 10-6. Our T.O isnt that bad except for today .
Deivybaby is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #127
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I'm really starting to get sick and tired of the defense blowing leads. The Redskins would be 7-0 or 6-1 if it weren't for their bs secondary.
It just our luck, we finally get a offense and now we have no d
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #128
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,107
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Agreed. The best thing to do atleast is bench Williams is has clearly never been the same since his cincy days and for us to maybe sign some vet safeties in FA or young guys to come in and play. Seems to me we just are horrible at safety and Meriweather is still a question mark.

At this point we best off firing Haz and go ahead and give Raheem the keys to see what he got .
Lol. It's funny because I disagree with nearly everything you say after you said you agreed. There isn't anybody who we can sign at this point that's going to step right in and be a consistently good player at this point in the season. If we sign somebody now by the time they learn the playbook the season will be over/nearly over.

We're just going to have to ride it out. The best I'm hoping for at this point is that when Meriweather comes back we can take Williams out of the lineup, but with DeJon Gomes getting injured (and not playing good when in the lineup) obviously we are going to have to be content with Doughty at SS. But who knows? Meriweather might stink up the joint too. Long story short, I'm in "riding it out" mode.

And I'm definitely not a fan of abandoning Haslett at this point in time. Morris is a 4-3 defensive coordinator with no experience running a 3-4, and as we have seen plenty of times in the past (read: Billy Cundiff, Rex Grossman, and most definitely John Beck) we should know by now the grass is most definitely not always greener on the other side.

The fact that we had a chance to win this game after turning the ball over on 3 consecutive drives should tell you a lot about this team. We need to ride it out, hopefully get a supposedly average/decent guy like Meriweather back from injury, and hope for the best.
mooby is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #129
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,939
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Our Front Office is much improved, but like anything and anyone else they are not perfect. We have shitty safety's because we blew our $ wad on WR's. Two Wr's that up to now have done little. We can lay all the blame on the defense coaches and players, but some of this lands on the CHOICE our FO and coaches made to go all out on the offense and leave the critical deep secondary with retreads, has beens and unproven players.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #130
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,420
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Turnovers killed us. No need to look much further for the reason why we lost.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #131
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,107
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Turnovers killed us. No need to look much further for the reason why we lost.
Jesus! A voice of reason! I was under the impression the inmates were running the asylum right now.
mooby is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #132
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,203
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Our Front Office is much improved, but like anything and anyone else they are not perfect. We have shitty safety's because we blew our $ wad on WR's.

What FA safety was there out there? We had our target on Courtland Finnegan, but the salary cap penalty ****ed us.


The biggest mistake I think previous regimes ever made was allowing Ryan Clark to walk. (trading champ bailey equal to this)
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #133
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,789
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lol. It's funny because I disagree with nearly everything you say after you said you agreed. There isn't anybody who we can sign at this point that's going to step right in and be a consistently good player at this point in the season. If we sign somebody now by the time they learn the playbook the season will be over/nearly over.

We're just going to have to ride it out. The best I'm hoping for at this point is that when Meriweather comes back we can take Williams out of the lineup, but with DeJon Gomes getting injured (and not playing good when in the lineup) obviously we are going to have to be content with Doughty at SS. But who knows? Meriweather might stink up the joint too. Long story short, I'm in "riding it out" mode.

And I'm definitely not a fan of abandoning Haslett at this point in time. Morris is a 4-3 defensive coordinator with no experience running a 3-4, and as we have seen plenty of times in the past (read: Billy Cundiff, Rex Grossman, and most definitely John Beck) we should know by now the grass is most definitely not always greener on the other side.

The fact that we had a chance to win this game after turning the ball over on 3 consecutive drives should tell you a lot about this team. We need to ride it out, hopefully get a supposedly average/decent guy like Meriweather back from injury, and hope for the best.
I don't think Morris is bad though. He's working with a bunch of chumps, mostly. We do need to get some 3-4 specialists though in regards to the defense. After the season's over of course.

And I'm telling you, we can throw Chris Horton back there.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #134
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,203
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Turnovers killed us. No need to look much further for the reason why we lost.
This is the bottom line. You aren't going to win really any games with 4 turnovers in the NFL (hardly on any level actually). I think we are really fortunate that Eli was off today or this game wouldn't have been as close as it was.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #135
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,132
Re: Skins/Giants post game thread

We did alot.better last year with Landry and otogwe... i.dunno albeit merriweather is supposed to be in and tanard showed promise before suspension.... i think we should have kept our safties... seriously
__________________
Leader of the Avy boycott until this organization makes smarter choices.

R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.54867 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25