Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Raheem Morris

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #136
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Williams should've been thinking in that situation, "I can't allow my slow ass to get burned in this situation so, let me back the **** up".
The playcall by Haslett determines whether you are 10 or 25 yards off the line of scrimmage. Nobody is arguing that Williams made a bad read which got him in a position to get burned. I am saying that in that part of the game you dont call for a package that even makes that possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #137
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,104
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You play prevent there. Safetey all the way back. Thats it. If we played them tomorrow and it wound up the same way - that is exactly what we do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you play prevent you might as well allow them to waltz down the field into field goal range. The call was correct, the talent was inadequate. Haslett called for double teams on Cruz and Nicks, and unfortunately the safety assigned to the double team on Cruz just so happened to be Madieu Williams, who is too old to cover a guy like Cruz. Williams was about 12 yards behind the line, and they did a great job putting two guys on his side of the field, which made him hesitate long enough before he was extremely late getting back to cover Cruz. Eli threw a perfect ball and that's all it takes. Sometimes it's not what the coach calls, it's about the talent on the field.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #138
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If you play prevent you might as well allow them to waltz down the field into field goal range. The call was correct, the talent was inadequate. Haslett called for double teams on Cruz and Nicks, and unfortunately the safety assigned to the double team on Cruz just so happened to be Madieu Williams, who is too old to cover a guy like Cruz. Williams was about 12 yards behind the line, and they did a great job putting two guys on his side of the field, which made him hesitate long enough before he was extremely late getting back to cover Cruz. Eli threw a perfect ball and that's all it takes. Sometimes it's not what the coach calls, it's about the talent on the field.
I would have rather had both safeties deep in zone coverage. I have a problem with ANY safety on our team being in man coverage with Cruz or their other WRs- even if its a double team. No safety runs with Cruz on the fly pattern. Keep the safeties BACK - they are too slow to be in man coverage.

At some point with all of these big plays on our secondary it would be nice if Haslett began to value the safety position helping with deep coverage. I am pretty sure we are one of the worst in the league in covering the deep pass.

Oh, and madieu williams sucks.
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #139
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,588
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If you play prevent you might as well allow them to waltz down the field into field goal range. The call was correct, the talent was inadequate. Haslett called for double teams on Cruz and Nicks, and unfortunately the safety assigned to the double team on Cruz just so happened to be Madieu Williams, who is too old to cover a guy like Cruz. Williams was about 12 yards behind the line, and they did a great job putting two guys on his side of the field, which made him hesitate long enough before he was extremely late getting back to cover Cruz. Eli threw a perfect ball and that's all it takes. Sometimes it's not what the coach calls, it's about the talent on the field.
Well its not an automatic field goal first of all, and second of all we are acting like we didnt know Williams was old and slow until this play occured. Again - in this particular situation - Eli Manning and the Giants on a potential game winning drive, I think you have to swallow your pride a little bit and accept the fact that no matter what you call with our personnel that they are going to eat you up with 1:30 left. So - again - play it safe. Keep them out of the endzone at all costs, and take your chances on them getting into fieldgoal range - worse case scenario is OT. I understand what we did, I just dont agree with it. I am not usually conservative in thought when I watch the games - trust me. I was loving those 4th down calls - loving them. This last drive by the Giants I wanted conservative and didnt get it. They got burned. My wife for the first time in my life was watching and cheering for the Redskins and yelling GO GO GO when Moss caught that ball. I could not believe it. I stand by my original statement that if we could play that last sequence over agian there is no way Williams is not 25 yards off the line of scrimmage, and we are not going conservative. oh well. I still think we win the division so who cares.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #140
Registered User
 
Deivybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 129
Re: Raheem Morris

I got a question if Raheem Morris is gonna be our new DC why would he do a 3-4 D when he was more of a 4-3 tampa 2 coach?. We are just fooling our selves we would be in our 4th year with an inexperienced HC that would come into a new season with a unfamiliar system. I think we should go back to the 4-3 or hope a young hungry 3-4 DC is around Im still hoping Rex Ryan gets fired so we can go ahead and hire him.


But my advice to shanny is to be smart and not put his ego into this. It will get him fired not for the offense but the defensive mistakes hes done to this team and in Denver.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #141
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Williams should've been thinking in that situation, "I can't allow my slow ass to get burned in this situation so, let me back the **** up".
Yup. Somewhere is the breakdown and it shows Williams flat footed as Cruz blows past Wilson (who was clearly focused on taking out the short route). The moment Cruz had a step on Wilson, for Williams to be doing anything but flipping his hips and taking off downfield is mind boggling. Williams essentially waited until Cruz was at his level before he starts running downfield. With proper reaction, he has a 10 yard cushion and has a play on the ball. Sitting there watching a faster play run past you at full speed before starting your sprint is inexcusable.

He F'd up plain and simple.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #142
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Raheem Morris

There' been plays like that before. Does everyone remember the Monday Night Miracle in Dallas were Santana Moss got behind Roy Williams not once but twice? Madieu Williams seemed like he just froze or something and Cruz flew past him. You can't do that. Now Mike Shanahan is trying to downplay it in the media.

Cruz was the Giants most dangerous receiver. He's had receptions of 99 and 80 yards in his career. He even had over 1,500 yards receiving last year. How does the defense allow that to happen? I'm willing to forgive Williams and overlook his blunder only because he got a pick 6 against the Vikings.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #143
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The defense lost the game by giving up a 77 yd TD to Cruz. The offense contributed to this by turning the ball over 3 times, going 0-2 in the red zone, only getting three points off turnovers, and not scoring any points in the 3rd quarter.
The difference is the offense did what it had to when the game was on the line and when it mattered most, the defense did not. They crapped the bed.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #144
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
The difference is the offense did what it had to when the game was on the line and when it mattered most, the defense did not. They crapped the bed.
If the offense had cut down on the mistakes early on, the game would not have been on the line. As I've said, I am not excusing the horrible defensive gaffe, but you can't beat the Giants or any good team by expecting offensive/defensive heroics in the 4th quarter.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #145
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If the offense had cut down on the mistakes early on, the game would not have been on the line. As I've said, I am not excusing the horrible defensive gaffe, but you can't beat the Giants or any good team by expecting offensive/defensive heroics in the 4th quarter.
Well, we hoped for and got offensive heroics.

What we did not get was a defense, specifically a defensive secondary - specifically a safety, doing his job. Not heroics, just what he, as a safety, was supposed to do - guard against the deep pass. Expecting that of a safety in the last two minutes of a game is not expecting heroics; it is expecting players to do their jobs.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #146
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well, we hoped for and got offensive heroics.

What we did not get was a defense, specifically a defensive secondary - specifically a safety, doing his job. Not heroics, just what he, as a safety, was supposed to do - guard against the deep pass. Expecting that of a safety in the last two minutes of a game is not expecting heroics; it is expecting players to do their jobs.
I agree with your assessment of the safety, Williams f*cked up big time. The defense's job was to stop Manning and Co. from scoring and they didn't do the job. We have a subpar defense that will and has cost this team wins.

That being said, you beat good teams by limiting your mistakes or playing a mistake free football. You can't overlook all the mistakes the offense made in the first three quarters. The reason I keep banging this drum is that we are going to play another team that is notorious for comebacks late in the game.

Unfortunately, this team doesn't have the luxury of having a defense that will allow an offense to overcome earlier mistakes period. Would I want that? Hell yes. But that is not the reality, well not yet at least, because as many have pointed out this team has not reached its full potential. I think this team has the potential of having an offense like Manning's Colts or the Patriots of the past two years. An offense that can carry a crappy defense and win games against good teams.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #147
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
There' been plays like that before. Does everyone remember the Monday Night Miracle in Dallas were Santana Moss got behind Roy Williams not once but twice? Madieu Williams seemed like he just froze or something and Cruz flew past him. You can't do that. Now Mike Shanahan is trying to downplay it in the media.

Cruz was the Giants most dangerous receiver. He's had receptions of 99 and 80 yards in his career. He even had over 1,500 yards receiving last year. How does the defense allow that to happen? I'm willing to forgive Williams and overlook his blunder only because he got a pick 6 against the Vikings.
Didn't you kinda answer your own question? This was not a rookie with no talent. Cruz/Manning is a combination that is deadly in the closing minutes.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #148
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Raheem Morris

You don't overlook them but keeping the Giants from scoring a TD with a little over a minute left would have never been a miracle. The defense helped bail the offense out of some of those mistakes but when they had to get just one more stop they folded like it was nothing.

btw just saw Mangini talk on Sportsnation about the Cruz TD and he said that the play call was the right one but Williams has to be able to recognize where Cruz is taking his route and pick up speed, not squat on the route. I'm sure most of us could already tell that was the issue but I thought people would be interested to know what Mangini said.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #149
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
You don't overlook them but keeping the Giants from scoring a TD with a little over a minute left would have never been a miracle. The defense helped bail the offense out of some of those mistakes but when they had to get just one more stop they folded like it was nothing.

btw just saw Mangini talk on Sportsnation about the Cruz TD and he said that the play call was the right one but Williams has to be able to recognize where Cruz is taking his route and pick up speed, not squat on the route. I'm sure most of us could already tell that was the issue but I thought people would be interested to know what Mangini said.
Agreed, Williams is not a rookie, he needs to be able to recognize things like that.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #150
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,458
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well, we hoped for and got offensive heroics.

What we did not get was a defense, specifically a defensive secondary - specifically a safety, doing his job. Not heroics, just what he, as a safety, was supposed to do - guard against the deep pass. Expecting that of a safety in the last two minutes of a game is not expecting heroics; it is expecting players to do their jobs.
A....Men!
How in the HELL can anyone justify letting Cruz(or anyone).......just run by in that situation...?....? Foul his ass....But DO something...
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33240 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25