Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Raheem Morris

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #16
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well we got two INTs in today's game and all of the offense could do is muster 3 points off those turnovers. Let's not forget that after one of those INTs, RG3 went to throw a horrendous pick after we have gotten the ball.
RG3 and the offense more than redeemed themselves for their mistakes when they scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 77 yard drive that took up a minute and a half and left less than 2 minutes on the clock. The defense played pretty well all game and the offense didn't capitalize on their opportunities, granted, but the game was lost on one play and RG3 and the offense weren't on the field when it happened. There is absolutely nothing you can say in defense of the Redskins defense today.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,758
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
RG3 and the offense more than redeemed themselves for their mistakes when they scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 77 yard drive that took up a minute and a half and left less than 2 minutes on the clock. The defense played pretty well all game and the offense didn't capitalize on their opportunities, granted, but the game was lost on one play and RG3 and the offense weren't on the field when it happened. There is absolutely nothing you can say in defense of the Redskins defense today.
RG3 and the offense had to come up with heroics at the end because of their earlier miscues. I am not trying to say the our defense is good, I am saying that our offense is not good enough to overcome their mistakes for 3 quarters of the game and one big mistake by the defense at the end of the game. New England may be able to do that, or Green Bay or even last year's Saints, but not our offense.

Since the big f*ck up happened to the most criticized unit of the defense, people are forgetting the many errors that the offense made earlier in the game.

In the end, you cannot win the game by turning the ball over 3 times, not converting points off turnovers, and going 0-2 in the redzone against a team that is really good at coming back and has outscored its opponents in the 4th quarter all season.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
RG3 and the offense had to come up with heroics at the end because of their earlier miscues. I am not trying to say the our defense is good, I am saying that our offense is not good enough to overcome their mistakes for 3 quarters of the game and one big mistake by the defense at the end of the game. New England may be able to do that, or Green Bay or even last year's Saints, but not our offense.

Since the big f*ck up happened to the most criticized unit of the defense, people are forgetting the many errors that the offense made earlier in the game.

In the end, you cannot win the game by turning the ball over 3 times, not converting points off turnovers, and going 0-2 in the redzone against a team that is really good at coming back and has outscored its opponents in the 4th quarter all season.
I had forgotten all about the first series, where the drive stalled at the 2 yard line. Boy, that kinda hurts.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,758
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I had forgotten all about the first series, where the drive stalled at the 2 yard line. Boy, that kinda hurts.
And the 3rd and 5 on the 17 yd line that ended in a -8 yd sack.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
RG3 and the offense had to come up with heroics at the end because of their earlier miscues. I am not trying to say the our defense is good, I am saying that our offense is not good enough to overcome their mistakes for 3 quarters of the game and one big mistake by the defense at the end of the game. New England may be able to do that, or Green Bay or even last year's Saints, but not our offense.

Since the big f*ck up happened to the most criticized unit of the defense, people are forgetting the many errors that the offense made earlier in the game.

In the end, you cannot win the game by turning the ball over 3 times, not converting points off turnovers, and going 0-2 in the redzone against a team that is really good at coming back and has outscored its opponents in the 4th quarter all season.
That's where you are mistaken -- despite all their mistakes, with 1:30 left in the game THEY WERE WINNING!! so your basic premise is wrong.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #21
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,369
Re: Raheem Morris

I remember when we were signing all these cast offs and I was just shaking my head. I knew this was going to be a long year in the secondary. We have no push rush and no pass defense. Even Fletcher at times looked old and slow.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #22
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,758
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
That's where you are mistaken -- despite all their mistakes, with 1:30 left in the game THEY WERE WINNING!! so your basic premise is wrong.
You don't beat teams like the Giants with small leads and our defense is not good enough to protect small leads. You can continue to be simple-minded and keep harping on just the defense and one big blown coverage. But if our offense doesn't commit these big errors earlier in the game, this game is not even close at the end.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You don't beat teams like the Giants with small leads and our defense is not good enough to protect small leads. You can continue to be simple-minded and keep harping on just the defense and one big blown coverage. But if our offense doesn't commit these big errors earlier in the game, this game is not even close at the end.
So we've resorted to name calling -- the offense played a very average game, mixing long drives with missed opportunities (0-2 in the RZ like you mentioned) and way too many turnovers. The defense played a pretty good game overall forcing Eli into two interceptions. But with about 3 minutes left in the game, the redskins offense marched down the field on a Giants defense that is pretty much the same one that won the SB and suffocated the 49ers (arguably the best team in the NFC). That one drive, in my opinion, made up for their earlier miscues. You mentioned that the had a small lead, true -- but there was also a minute and a half left in the game and the Giants had to go 77 yards. The redskins defense was unable to stop them when it counted and that is what cost the game. You can call me simple-minded if you wish but it doesn't change the fact that the Redskins offense did a bad job not putting the game away, but the Redskins defense actively lost the game.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,691
Re: Raheem Morris

As usual some people put way too much stock in coaching and stuff like play calling.

Talent wins you games in this league. We don't have enough of it in the secondary right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
redskins4lif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: virginia
Posts: 12
Re: Raheem Morris

I think they should do something kinda what they did with the 3rd year under Gregg Williams the year when sean taylor died. I would just put a saftey in the middle of the field basically a center fielder and tell him make sure no one gets behind you just be the deepest person on the field
redskins4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,919
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
As usual some people put way too much stock in coaching and stuff like play calling.

Talent wins you games in this league. We don't have enough of it in the secondary right now.
/thread
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #27
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: Raheem Morris

ok horrible idea, we have no safety on the roster with that athleticism and range to do that
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
redskins4lif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: virginia
Posts: 12
Re: Raheem Morris

it was just a thought and maybe worth a try i mean nothing else seems to work for this secondary. Which for me i think safety needs to be concern number 1 in the off season with 1b being a corner
redskins4lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #29
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,431
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
By the way, do people realize we have 8 INTs and 3 defensive TDs in 7 games?
This defense is similar to Gregg Williams defense in New Orleans. They gave up lots of yardage, but lead the league in turnovers which gave their offense chances of scoring.(which they did) The problem with defenses like this is, if your offense doesn't score or you fail to get a turnover, you are likely ****ed.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,758
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
So we've resorted to name calling -- the offense played a very average game, mixing long drives with missed opportunities (0-2 in the RZ like you mentioned) and way too many turnovers. The defense played a pretty good game overall forcing Eli into two interceptions. But with about 3 minutes left in the game, the redskins offense marched down the field on a Giants defense that is pretty much the same one that won the SB and suffocated the 49ers (arguably the best team in the NFC). That one drive, in my opinion, made up for their earlier miscues. You mentioned that the had a small lead, true -- but there was also a minute and a half left in the game and the Giants had to go 77 yards. The redskins defense was unable to stop them when it counted and that is what cost the game. You can call me simple-minded if you wish but it doesn't change the fact that the Redskins offense did a bad job not putting the game away, but the Redskins defense actively lost the game.
And the Redskins offense fumbled the ball away at the end, but to me that's irrelevant.

Let's break this down from the beginning.

The Redskins Offense was inside the 2 yd line of the Giants, and could only muster three points in the opening drive. We could have been 7-0 if we score a TD.

In the second quarter, the offense was inside the red zone again and could only come up with 3 points. We could have been up 21-7.

In the third quarter, we scored no points (neither did the Giants). This quarter featured a fumble on the Giants 41 yd line and RG3 being picked off at the Giants 42 yd line. We score at least 3 pts in each of those times, we are up 27-13; if we don't we are still up 21-13

In the 4th quarter, RG3 fumbles at the Giants 27, a place where at worst we could have come up with 3 points. If we don't fumble and score at least 3 pts, we are up 24-20 (and that's counting a TD that the Giants scored off the RG3 pick in the 3rd quarter).

After the Eli pick, the Redskins are only able to put up 3 points, which makes the game 27-20, a TD at this point helps the Redskins putting some distance between themselves and the Giants at 31-20.

The last five minutes of the game are much much different if the offense doesn't have a lot of those mistakes. I am not trying to excuse the defense or the horrible blown coverage at the end of the game. But given the lack of talent on this team, we can't beat teams like the Giants with errors on both sides of the ball. Yet people act like the offense had a flawless game and it was ONLY because of the defense that they lost the game.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30205 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25