Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Raheem Morris

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #31
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
As usual some people put way too much stock in coaching and stuff like play calling.

Talent wins you games in this league. We don't have enough of it in the secondary right now.
But we have more than enough talent in the front seven (present active-roster) to compensate for the secondary and still be at least a middle-of-the-pack defense i.e. our overall defensive talent is far better than bottom five or six in points/yards. Far better.

Our DBs are actually performing pretty damn well this season. Safety is an issue, but coaching is bigger than the injuries. One of the biggest adjustment failures Hazlett makes is to fail to change the game-plan for his back-ups. B Merriwether is a superior safety to M Williams. Williams lacks speed and some agility. So as d coordinator you force Williams to play further back, especially when it's end of the game and a TD spells the end. You don't let the opposing center snap the ball without checking Williams is 25+ yards off the LOS.

Hazlett called his 2nd best game of the season, but it was still average at best.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,576
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
But we have more than enough talent in the front seven (present active-roster) to compensate for the secondary and still be at least a middle-of-the-pack defense i.e. our overall defensive talent is far better than bottom five or six in points/yards. Far better.

Our DBs are actually performing pretty damn well this season. Safety is an issue, but coaching is bigger than the injuries. One of the biggest adjustment failures Hazlett makes is to fail to change the game-plan for his back-ups. B Merriwether is a superior safety to M Williams. Williams lacks speed and some agility. So as d coordinator you force Williams to play further back, especially when it's end of the game and a TD spells the end. You don't let the opposing center snap the ball without checking Williams is 25+ yards off the LOS.

Hazlett called his 2nd best game of the season, but it was still average at best.
Perhaps if we still had Orakpo and Carriker.

Still comes down to talent to me in the secondary. Our safeties have been weak.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #33
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
You know what an awesome secondary would look like?

Champ Bailey - CB
Carlos Rogers -CB
D. Hall - Nickel
Sean Taylor - FS
Laron Landry - SS

Man that would bring a tear to any D. Cordinator's eye.
Dont forget Ryan Clark.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: Raheem Morris

I wonder what would have happened if we had gotten Eric Berry instead of Trent Williams in 2010?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #35
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,815
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Perhaps if we still had Orakpo and Carriker.

Still comes down to talent to me in the secondary. Our safeties have been weak.
You know how I know it's Mike Shanahan's fault? The fact that he couldn't turn Rex Grossman or John Beck into RG3-lite in 2011 tells me everything I need to know about this so-called "talent" evaluator.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #36
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I wonder what would have happened if we had gotten Eric Berry instead of Trent Williams in 2010?
I was kinda depressed when I saw that pick but I think Williams plays a more important role (believe it or not) now that we have a QB.
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #37
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post
I was kinda depressed when I saw that pick but I think Williams plays a more important role (believe it or not) now that we have a QB.
I think in the end TW was the better choice for the pick. However, I feel that for the past couple of seasons we've had backups and/or injury prone players at safety. I hope we can soon find capable starters at safety.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #38
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,762
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post
I was kinda depressed when I saw that pick but I think Williams plays a more important role (believe it or not) now that we have a QB.
You win superbowls around a quarterback, offense linemen and a passrushe. Before eric Berry was injured he was a beast of course the chiefs have him playing out of position but Trent Williams is playing at a pro bowl level. Of course individual Olinemen are a little overrated (Giants are a perfect example of that) but still Trent Williams has ben playing great.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #39
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
You win superbowls around a quarterback, offense linemen and a passrushe. Before eric Berry was injured he was a beast of course the chiefs have him playing out of position but Trent Williams is playing at a pro bowl level. Of course individual Olinemen are a little overrated (Giants are a perfect example of that) but still Trent Williams has ben playing great.
How were the Chiefs playing Berry? Just curious.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #40
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,762
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
How were the Chiefs playing Berry? Just curious.
He is a true Free safety and they having playing mainly strong Safety. Kind of like Laron Landry but reversed. Landry was a great strong safety but we tried to make him a Free safety. different responsibilities... His rookie year Berry played Free and did great.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #41
Special Teams
 
jdc65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 246
Re: Raheem Morris

In my opinion, Raheem Morris should be made the D coordinator at the break, barring a miraculous and unforeseen turnaround by the defense before then. While it clearly isn't all Haslett's fault, the overall defensive play has been unacceptable. 3 years now under Haslett and the D has gotten progressively worse. Someone needs to take a fall.

Morris has been disappointing as a secondary coach, but he does have a decent resume, and is the best qualified candidate on the team to take over on an interim basis. Give him the opportunity to coach half a season, and see if he can improve the defensive play.

The mindset of the defense just has to change, and I don't see how Haslett can reverse 3 years now of substandard production. It's clear from watching the games and comments made by departing players that the defensive schemes were, and are, a weakness.
jdc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #42
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Raheem Morris

Cruz split the double team. Williams should have been a little deeper on that play than he actually was.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #43
Special Teams
 
redskinjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: fresno ca
Posts: 371
Re: Raheem Morris

we need a safety why did we let landry go?
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #44
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Raheem Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
we need a safety why did we let landry go?

Landry? Landry was a bum. Another wasted 1st round Cerratto pick. Landry can't cover worth a damn.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #45
Special Teams
 
redskinjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: fresno ca
Posts: 371
Re: Raheem Morris

ya but he had a pick six for the jets and he is BETTER than anyone we have. And he hits a ton did you see that hit on fred jackson of the bills?
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27864 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25