Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #346
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Agreed offense been a bit worst every week but not bad its still good.

Our wr. Been not that good other than moss now .

People ovee hype shanny alot we will have another losing season but its bexause we refused to fire haslett last year.
Dude...nearly all your posts belong in the drunk thread.
The Goat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #347
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
RG3's not the only talented QB out there. And RG3's not the only reason, contrary to what some believe, this offense has been putting up points. Only an idiot can't appreciate the play designs
Folks out there who think Kyle is not appreciated within the NFL clearly don't read the various insider stuff out there. I have seen several folks (gm's, former gm's and various coaches and former coaches) credit Kyle for his abilities. I have no doubt that, if he so desired, he could find an OC job in several places around the league.

Does that mean he will succeed? No. At the same time, it certainly would seem Kyle is not quite the drooling "Yes Dad" coach some around here hold him out to be.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #348
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Do those teams know RG -3 isnt part of the package?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's excellent
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #349
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

See, what did I tell you Punch?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #350
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Chargers would be my guess. Talented QB and RB/WRs/TE in place to run the type of offense he wants.
Not a bad guess actually, makes a lot of sense. But not actually one of the teams I know to have been mentioned
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #351
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
RG3's not the only talented QB out there. And RG3's not the only reason, contrary to what some believe, this offense has been putting up points. Only an idiot can't appreciate the play designs
Also would take an idiot to think our play-calling and play-design hasn't been woefully stupid on several occasions throughout the season. Yesterday was the worst we've seen, but that shouldn't surprise given the pattern over the last two seasons: the offense gets increasingly predictable under Kyle. I'll be surprised if the "interest" in Kyle is very strong by season's end.

But there are a lot of pedestrian coaches out there. Winners are hard to find, and that's why folks like the Shanahans stay employed.
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #352
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,792
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Folks out there who think Kyle is not appreciated within the NFL clearly don't read the various insider stuff out there. I have seen several folks (gm's, former gm's and various coaches and former coaches) credit Kyle for his abilities. I have no doubt that, if he so desired, he could find an OC job in several places around the league.

Does that mean he will succeed? No. At the same time, it certainly would seem Kyle is not quite the drooling "Yes Dad" coach some around here hold him out to be.
I think the problem is that Skins fans are finicky, "what have you done for me lately" types. I think Kyle's play calls range between brain dead and genius levels and they fluctuate.

While I'm not crazy about many of the series he calls, I think he does a formidable job trying to call plays that match RG3s skills and keeping other teams off guard. Unfortunately, this isn't Madden and every play call isn't always going to net yards.

I think we could be doing a lot worse.

That said, after seeing RG3 run a 2 minute drill with no play-calls from the coach, why not let him "Peyton Manning" a couple series a game? Too soon in his NFL carreer for that? Bad idea?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #353
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Also would take an idiot to think our play-calling and play-design hasn't been woefully stupid on several occasions throughout the season. Yesterday was the worst we've seen, but that shouldn't surprise given the pattern over the last two seasons: the offense gets increasingly predictable under Kyle. I'll be surprised if the "interest" in Kyle is very strong by season's end.

But there are a lot of pedestrian coaches out there. Winners are hard to find, and that's why folks like the Shanahans stay employed.
I'm not sure you could say predictable. If anything the problem is sometimes lack of predictability. Trying too hard when simple execution is all that matters

But you're right we need winners like Bill Cowher or Jack Del Rio, not pedestrian coaches like Shanahan
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #354
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Can we at least all agree that we've been at the shanaplan for a really long time now?

I think that if you believe you have seen improvements and want shanny extended and Kyle extended so that they can take a different approach on defense, then fine, we disagree. If you think we need to wait out our results for two more years, then that's the definition of insanity.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #355
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,604
Unlike the athletes and coaches we discuss we are not getting paid millions of dollars to post here. If we were i would imagine this would be the case for us as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #356
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Can we at least all agree that we've been at the shanaplan for a really long time now?

I think that if you believe you have seen improvements and want shanny extended and Kyle extended so that they can take a different approach on defense, then fine, we disagree. If you think we need to wait out our results for two more years, then that's the definition of insanity.
Now I'm an insane moron, it seems
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #357
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I wish we could for once just compare these forums to the real game.

We should fire/ban every person on these forums when they make one bad post, or forget to post once a day. We can even make discussions about it.. Like whole thread titles labeled "Should "so and so" be banned for these posts?"

Would be interesting..
My last post was in response to this. I would have been fined for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #358
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,181
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Can we at least all agree that we've been at the shanaplan for a really long time now?

I think that if you believe you have seen improvements and want shanny extended and Kyle extended so that they can take a different approach on defense, then fine, we disagree. If you think we need to wait out our results for two more years, then that's the definition of insanity.
i think drafting griff throws a wrench in your insanity plea
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #359
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Now I'm an insane moron, it seems
I just figured you were all about contract extensions for the whole staff. Whether or not that will happen, continuity, man!

But seriously the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #360
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i think drafting griff throws a wrench in your insanity plea
The season results say otherwise.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28666 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25