Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #421
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,804
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
I wish Portis was our third down back, at least long enough to teach our RBs how to pass protect with authority and vigor. Royster is not aggressive enough. Portis used to victimize blitzing linebackers and DBs. We need that attitude. We are kinda soft. Kinda like an AFC West team.
I don't think Morris is horrible at blocking. He's no Portis but he's better than Royster.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #422
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I see, so now you pay attention to what the media has to say. When it suits you
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #423
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

don't let the liberal media tell you how to think and feel, if you have hate in your heart let it out!

if you don't like mike shanahan, don't mean there's something wrong with you, means there's something wrong with mike shanahan; he's not undefeated!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #424
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
We did fall off in 2009, ending far below .500.

Here comes 2010.

2010 we had bum McNabb
Then we had INT crazy Rexy.
And the Beck experiment.

So we basically didn't have a QB.

Then we had injured plague Portis who was on the downward trek of his career and didn't even play a full season in 2009 or 2010.
Then Larry Johnson who did squat.
Ryan Torain who was the shining spot that year.

We had Moss, our one constant.
Devin Thomas - Bum
Joey Galloway - Was way too old
Roydell Williams - Who??
Armstrong and Banks. Alright. They're not bad.

Our line wasn't horrible or too different from how it is now, except now we don't have 2 liabilities, aka Heyer and Rabach.

Our defense honestly, isn't very different from 2010, there are some major names missing from our current team (Rogers, Landry, HAYNESWORTH).

Which leads me to believe that there is a defensive coaching issue, rather than a head coach issue.

Our offense blew in 2010, we were 6-10, ranked 25th on offense.
Blew in 2011, 5-11, ranked 26th on offense.
Now in 2012, we're currently 3-5 but 5th in offense.

They've done nothing but get better. We added skill, youth and depth. Improvement!


In regards to total defense, yards per game:
2009 we were ranked 10
2010 - 31st
2011 - 13th

And we all know how this year has been.

People are so quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater, if there's a problem here, it's Haslett, not Shanahan. We are also injury plagued, with little defensive depth.

I'm not a Shanahan apologist by any means, but I don't think he's the real glaring problem here.
WOW. Just WOW. So, for his first two seasons here, both with horrid records and abysmal offensive stats that look quite similar, yet in year three, he jumps from 26th in the league to 3rd??????

And that is Shanahans doing? THat is Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan and Polumbus' doing? No, sorry, that is RG3's doing. WE AREN'T EVEN RUNNING A MIKE SHANAHAN OFFENSE!!!!!! Its all RG3. Any coach in the league worth on hardened turd would statistically JUMP having that weapon. The other side of it is, only a very very special coach/coaching staff would take a ridiculous gem of a weapon like that, and still be 3-5 in the rankings, with a bleak outlook. That coach/coaching staff is ours.

Any success this year can be directly attributed to RG3. He has excelled in spite of Shanahans team building exercise that will still take another 3 years. In that span of time, the 1 win Colts are second in their division, and have beaten the Packers and the suprisingly strong Vikings, with luck on pace to throw for well over 4000 yards. With Reggie Wayne. AND THAT'S it for receivers in Indy. Personnel decisions other than the really easy to hit ones, and ALFMO have mostly been very very poor. That is Mike Shanahans fault, noone elses.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #425
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

I guess I'll never understand blaming Mike/Kyle for everything that went wrong with McNabb/Beck/Rex, and then refusing to give any credit for the success of RG3.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #426
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I voted Yes, fire him now...because I wanted to **** with the results
messing with election or poll results..........hmmmmm lemme guess, you're LEFT handed?
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #427
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm glad the majority of fans haven't lost their heads just yet.
You just wait until Cam Newton has a career day that RG3 has to try and bail us out of next week. If they haven't yet, with Mike Shanahan, there is always next week. Or next season, or the season after that for that matter.
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #428
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,804
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
WOW. Just WOW. So, for his first two seasons here, both with horrid records and abysmal offensive stats that look quite similar, yet in year three, he jumps from 26th in the league to 3rd??????

And that is Shanahans doing? THat is Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan and Polumbus' doing? No, sorry, that is RG3's doing. WE AREN'T EVEN RUNNING A MIKE SHANAHAN OFFENSE!!!!!! Its all RG3. Any coach in the league worth on hardened turd would statistically JUMP having that weapon. The other side of it is, only a very very special coach/coaching staff would take a ridiculous gem of a weapon like that, and still be 3-5 in the rankings, with a bleak outlook. That coach/coaching staff is ours.

Any success this year can be directly attributed to RG3. He has excelled in spite of Shanahans team building exercise that will still take another 3 years. In that span of time, the 1 win Colts are second in their division, and have beaten the Packers and the suprisingly strong Vikings, with luck on pace to throw for well over 4000 yards. With Reggie Wayne. AND THAT'S it for receivers in Indy. Personnel decisions other than the really easy to hit ones, and ALFMO have mostly been very very poor. That is Mike Shanahans fault, noone elses.

You build around the QB, and I think Shanahan and Allen are trying to do that. Of course we aren't using a Shanahan offense because that's not RG3's thing. You're complaining because Shanahan decided to play to RG3's strengths rather than implementing his own strategy in spite of him?

We add Morris, Trent Williams, Perry Riley, Carriker, Kerrigan, Young, and RG3 of course.

FA wise we picked up - Garcon, Morgan, Paulsen (who's proved kinda valuable due to injury)

And personnel decisions have been horrible? On the defensive side? Perhaps. But to sit there and say they haven't tried to help RG3 out is beyond obtuse.

Mmmkay.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #429
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I think everyone has just institutionalized losing, at least to the point where it doesn't set off red flags anymore.

I don't know how else to explain what goes on. People seem to be really convinced that this is normal. Good for them, I guess.
No, I believe now its that losing and being a horrible team - mediocre team is ok as long as you are putting up some points finally.

You know what would be incredible? Putting a decent group of coaches around our once in a lifetime QB. I guess he is stuck bailing these two out for the foreseeable future though............
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #430
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
No, I believe now its that losing and being a horrible team - mediocre team is ok as long as you are putting up some points finally.

You know what would be incredible? Putting a decent group of coaches around our once in a lifetime QB. I guess he is stuck bailing these two out for the foreseeable future though............
gibbs 3.0!
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #431
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,804
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
gibbs 3.0!
lol I think some fans are still ill because Gibbs went all in and gave away our future draft picks.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #432
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
You just wait until Cam Newton has a career day that RG3 has to try and bail us out of next week. If they haven't yet, with Mike Shanahan, there is always next week. Or next season, or the season after that for that matter.
Can we assume you're a 6% guy?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #433
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I guess I'll never understand blaming Mike/Kyle for everything that went wrong with McNabb/Beck/Rex, and then refusing to give any credit for the success of RG3.
I don't get it either.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #434
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
it's the oven
That, or Jim Haslett is trying to run electricity to a gasoline stove. Fukkin Idiot, switching to a 34 was the worst setback this team ever had. Even worse than Haynesworth. Shoot, I might get roasted for this, but had we stayed in the 43, who knows, we might have the best DLine in the league today.............
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #435
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I am so much happier now that I can't read Goat's selective logic (in that he is ignored), but could you please stop quoting him. It's harshing my mellow.
My apologies
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30077 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25