Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #481
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

sanchez is like jason campbell
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #482
Camp Scrub
 
natesurfn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 81
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I will say that RG3 has certainly exceeded my expectations. I said this before the draft, I thought that Luck was far and away the best QB in the draft (I still think he's the best) and the gap between Tannehill and RG3 was not very large. I've been impressed with RT but RG3 is something truly special
I still think that RG3 has the higher ceiling, that being said he may need more players around him than Luck. I'm glad that we have Griff over Luck though because IMO he is just as smart but more accurate and athletic. Luck = the new Peyton though, but historically the Skins have never been a strict Peyton type team so RG3 will fit just fine.
__________________
Bobby Three Sticks
Wilmington, NC
natesurfn is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #483
Camp Scrub
 
natesurfn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 81
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
sanchez is like jason campbell
Why do we hate Campbell so much?? Sure he did nothing for us, but short of the top 5 elite qb's not one would have back then. Maybe I just like Campbell as a person too much...you could be right.
__________________
Bobby Three Sticks
Wilmington, NC
natesurfn is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #484
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,917
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesurfn View Post
Why do we hate Campbell so much?? Sure he did nothing for us, but short of the top 5 elite qb's not one would have back then. Maybe I just like Campbell as a person too much...you could be right.
It's not soo much that we hate Jason Campbell, it's just that it should have been clear from nearly day 1 that he was not starter material, and was not the long term answer for this team. It took getting him injured for the team to make the playoffs in 2007. He was a great person, so they say, that is why he left his fiancee standing at the alter, what a great guy.

If JC was so good and the skins were so wrong about him, you'd think a new team would be rushing out to get him, right? Wrong. Replaced in Oakland by a fat, out of shape, then ex-NFL QB named Carson somebody who was sitting on his couch never figuring the phone might ring. After that he is accepting a backup job on a 1 year veteran minimum salary for the bears. He probably won't even be in the NFL next season. What a champ. But he was super smart and he fought his guts out here, right?
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #485
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
People are looking at just the W/L, not how competitive the Skins have been this year. We've been out of just one game in eight so far. That's a huge step up even if it's not currently reflected in W/L, which it will be.
We were in a ton of games last year, and the year before too.
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #486
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It's not soo much that we hate Jason Campbell, it's just that it should have been clear from nearly day 1 that he was not starter material, and was not the long term answer for this team. It took getting him injured for the team to make the playoffs in 2007. He was a great person, so they say, that is why he left his fiancee standing at the alter, what a great guy.

If JC was so good and the skins were so wrong about him, you'd think a new team would be rushing out to get him, right? Wrong. Replaced in Oakland by a fat, out of shape, then ex-NFL QB named Carson somebody who was sitting on his couch never figuring the phone might ring. After that he is accepting a backup job on a 1 year veteran minimum salary for the bears. He probably won't even be in the NFL next season. What a champ. But he was super smart and he fought his guts out here, right?
context
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #487
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Anyhow, I will say this while I don't think it'd be a good idea to fire Mike Shanahan (though like I've said before he's not necessarily the guy I would have hired). I think it'd be an even bigger mistake to get rid of Bruce Allen. So if they insist (though I know they don't) on making some huge move, I sure hope they hold on to Bruce Allen
Agree 100%. I'll have a scotch tonight...
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #488
Camp Scrub
 
natesurfn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 81
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
It's not soo much that we hate Jason Campbell, it's just that it should have been clear from nearly day 1 that he was not starter material, and was not the long term answer for this team. It took getting him injured for the team to make the playoffs in 2007. He was a great person, so they say, that is why he left his fiancee standing at the alter, what a great guy.

If JC was so good and the skins were so wrong about him, you'd think a new team would be rushing out to get him, right? Wrong. Replaced in Oakland by a fat, out of shape, then ex-NFL QB named Carson somebody who was sitting on his couch never figuring the phone might ring. After that he is accepting a backup job on a 1 year veteran minimum salary for the bears. He probably won't even be in the NFL next season. What a champ. But he was super smart and he fought his guts out here, right?
Didn't know about the whole wedding thing. JC was having a solid year in Oakland before he broke his clavicle, then with him out they picked up Palmer because coach had worked with him before. My excuses for JC have run thin considering how many rookies are suceeding in their first year with new OC's so I guess I'll just say I'm glad we now have the qb that we do.
__________________
Bobby Three Sticks
Wilmington, NC
natesurfn is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #489
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Agree 100%. I'll have a scotch tonight...
For Bruce Allen...have a Coors Light
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #490
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
For Bruce Allen...have a Coors Light
love me some beerwater
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #491
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesurfn View Post
Monday morning I voted Shanahan should be fired, turns out it was all emotion. Overall I think he has brought in some good youth and turned over the roster nicely. RG3 is amazing although Shanahan can't get full credit for that, he would have taken Griff or Luck, either would have been good but it was a preety much can't miss situation.

McNabb was a mistake because, although most will disagree with me, I think JC had more to offer and was always just in a bad situation. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that we have the QB we do now, but man my life is going to be cut short 20 years just from being a Skins fan. I say next year we need to be 9-7 minimum or Shanahan is fired.
I've decided the same, and there's a bit of irony. Mike stuck his nose up at JC and sniffed out three inferior QBs in McNabb, Rex and Beck instead.
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #492
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
For Bruce Allen...have a Coors Light
I'm not a hick or a republican.
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #493
Special Teams
 
whistler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 129
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
We were in a ton of games last year, and the year before too.
All NFL teams are in a ton of games every year. The worst teams can be within 3-7 points every week and loose them all very competitive but pro teams by definition are and should be competitve. It's the winning organizations that win the 3-7 point games every week that is the difference.
Why hasn't anyone started a string about the skins not having a hurry up offense? When ever there are critical times in a game the skins are in huddle as if there is no clock. Do the Shananhans need that much control of a game that they are not playing in? Even in 2 minute situations, the offense is in huddles? Is that good coaching?
whistler is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #494
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,802
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I'm not a hick or a republican.
I'm neither but I love Coors Light. It's sure better than Miller light. Might as well just drink a bottle of water.

I also like Milwaukee's Best, but for some reason, now and then I like a cheap ass beer.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #495
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
All NFL teams are in a ton of games every year. The worst teams can be within 3-7 points every week and loose them all very competitive but pro teams by definition are and should be competitve. It's the winning organizations that win the 3-7 point games every week that is the difference.
Why hasn't anyone started a string about the skins not having a hurry up offense? When ever there are critical times in a game the skins are in huddle as if there is no clock. Do the Shananhans need that much control of a game that they are not playing in? Even in 2 minute situations, the offense is in huddles? Is that good coaching?
Thanks for finishing my thoughts...I got lazy
The Goat is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29505 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25