Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #646
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,082
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Is there another coach who would have this team in the playoffs with the same defense, coaching staff, injuries?

No

It's funny you mention this. Remember that article detailing the behind the scenes of what went down the year Zorn imploded? How Danny and crew flew out to Denver to talk to Mike. Remember what Mike told Danny? He told him flat out that even if he stepped in midway through the season, it wouldn't even change much. Why? Because Mike knew Zorn had a aging roster with no depth.

Even great coaches need talent to be great.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #647
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

As previously said, I reckon by end of this season most of us (more than half) will be ready to move on from Mike. I hope otherwise because we're winning, but there is absolutely no evidence to believe this regime is making the team more competitive. The folks who try to make that argument end up in ridiculous diatribes about 10-6 vs 5-11 etc etc. Or they just try to diminish other franchises/coaches that have considerably improved within three years of taking over.

I'll say the same thing I did last week, the results always speak for themselves. Most fans, regardless of the sport, see winning as the result that matters most. I fit in that group, and do so unabashedly.
The Goat is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #648
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,123
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Being realistic, this franchise is at least two full offseasons away from building a winner. The trade for RG3 was absolutely the key move to give fans a foundation of hope, but there are still a ton of other holes to fill. IMO, the last thing this franchise needs is another head coaching change. I would prefer to limit Shanny's power on the personnel side, and bring in a GM that has a real say during the offseason.
SouperMeister is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #649
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, like I said before, we would but some would accuse of us shutting down opposing thought (even though, contrary to belief, not all the mods agree with each other amongst ourselves).

I keep trying to just let this thread die..but it's like a phoenix
You can do it...you have the technology.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #650
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Is there another coach who would have this team in the playoffs with the same defense, coaching staff, injuries?

No
He chose the staff, he chose the defense. Every team has injuries.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #651
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Considering they won 2 games the year Culpepper was there, he didn't win ANY with Culpepper. Again with your facts. Even with Shaun Hill, he went a measley 6-10. Improvement eh?...lol

Also, last time I checked, 60% > 40%. When you say he did much of it without Stafford, it's pretty apparent you are saying he turned the tide with a shit QB for a majority of that time. Fact is, he was 2-11 and 6-10. The 3rd year he was 10-6 with Stafford. Those 2 years aren't near as bad as Mikes. Also, what is your excuse for his 3-4 season this year? What happend to that "turn around" in Detroit?


Is that what you want? Have one good year than go back to being shit again? Really? Is that your idea of a turn around? Still didn't get your answer on Tony Sparano. Think he turned the Dolphins around?
Theres that were losing alot because were doing it the rite way and building a dynasty. Lol.
Philbin seems to be doing a pretty good job with the dolphins. Wtf do you keep asking about sporano for? He wasnt one of the guys mentioned in the original post about turn it around coaches. You must have a reason though and im sure whatever that reason is will mean that the skins are on the rite track so go ahead with it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #652
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Is there another coach who would have this team in the playoffs with the same defense, coaching staff, injuries?

No
Chico in the post game thread you were killing the "Shanny regime". And i quote , "just another game in the Shanny regime-" - than you said something about how him and the staff and whole team is terrible. Why are you now defending him?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #653
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 780
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

This thread has giving me many headaches this week. Each time I log in, it's still at the top.
Bushead is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #654
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,822
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

I am with the mods. Let it stay. As Smoot has pointed out, closing it will only cause another one just like it to spring up after a loss. Besides, it gives the seven "Fire Shanny Now" guys a place to vent and tell the rest of us how moronic we are. For me, there hasn't been anything new said in the last few pages that hasn't been said six or seven different ways before (on both sides of the issue). Folks stopped listening to each other a looonnnggg time ago in this thread.

If we lose today (which I: (1) sincerely hope doesn't happen; and (2) think unlikely), expect the thread to explode all over again.

No back to your regularly scheduled bashing.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 AM   #655
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,822
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
You two are still stuck on conservative play calling means intentionally playing bad. Of course you are also stuck on our secondary (D Hall, Wilson, Atogwe, and Doughty) being great last year. And you talk of other people embarrassing themselves.
It is clear from past arguments that the mere fact that two points are logically mutually exclusive will not prevent Goat from being convinced of the truth of both of them. Further, it is moronic of you to fail to see the correctness of his approach.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #656
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,269
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

No we should not fire Mike Shanahan , in fact he should get a extention. This shows that as a organization we are commited to our coach and no more revolving doors of coaches. The 2 most important postions of a football team are the HC and QB. Thats why we have be terrible over the last 20 years. To many HC and QB changes, this most stop if we want to have any chance to be competing in the playoffs. Mike , just like Obama has to clean up this shit show that has been going on for 20 plus years. You have to give him time to get it done. Why make a change now after we get our QB. As far as our defense we need to make some changes on that side of the ball this off season. I still like the 3-4 defense we just need more pass rushers and better safeties. Wth a better pass rush our CB would cover better. Also injuries have not helped the defense. So no way should we fire Mike. Get the F out of here if you even think we should.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #657
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,869
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I am with the mods. Let it stay. As Smoot has pointed out, closing it will only cause another one just like it to spring up after a loss. Besides, it gives the seven "Fire Shanny Now" guys a place to vent and tell the rest of us how moronic we are. For me, there hasn't been anything new said in the last few pages that hasn't been said six or seven different ways before (on both sides of the issue). Folks stopped listening to each other a looonnnggg time ago in this thread.

If we lose today (which I: (1) sincerely hope doesn't happen; and (2) think unlikely), expect the thread to explode all over again.

No back to your regularly scheduled bashing.
It's really just six guys as I voted yes for a good laugh
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #658
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,334
The funny thing is that i dont think any of the doubters have said fire him mid season have they? Most are agreeing at the least that he finish the year. Others are even giving him next year. Its more just about a hatred for the praise and recognition he gets because they dont go hand in hand with the w's he gets. This is true for several years now - with Denver as well - so the entire "he inherited a bunch of crap" excuse doesnt really hold any water. He was losing there too. We all want continuity and we all want him to win. Since 2006 his best season is 9-7.
I say we keep this thread should stay open for five years. Give it the same chance that we are giving Shanahan.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #659
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,334
So if we lose today to the 1-6 panthers will that be a step back in some of your minds or will i have to hear about how the Panthers lose close games and they really arent that bad? All of you guys who have been saying Cam sucks will suddenly be acting as if he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #660
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,869
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

We should have made this poll public
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29710 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25