Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #1396
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
well, this thread seems to have exploded. I'd like to clear some things up though.

NC is a great bootlicker. every time i get a new pair of boots, i always ask for him by name.

matty is the reason conspiracy theorists exist. roswell - matty, jfk - matty, the great defecator conspiracy of 2004... yep, matty. he's evil.

TAFKATAFKASS - just an all around jerk... and a liar. avoid him.


and once again the reason people are avoiding this thread (or have been) is because it's basically been a 3 way circle jerk about how awful shannahan is and anyone who doesn't want him fired or immediately joins in the bashing is an idiot and an a-hole. it's not like we're never seen a trolled thread before. if this were 3-4 years ago someone would spend the time sorting through every point, but it's just generally easier to ignore people and hope they go away.

and believe it or not, i wasn't super up on getting shanny in the first place, but what's the idea? i've heard del rio mentioned seriously by one of the main culprits here. and he thinks you're the idiot.

i don't know. it's not a great situation, but there's no way he's fired before the year's up and at that point, it depends on how the season plays out and who's available. if there aren't better options, you have to sit. we went through last year without a QB cause the only ones available were matt flynn and gabbert... if we had been as reactionary as some of you guys are suggesting, we'd be an 0-fer team still looking for a QB.

vinny's gone, the team is younger, the offense (when healthy) looks like it'll be pretty good. the defense is a mess and the depth still isn't good, but it is what it is. and I think everyone agrees we're not where we want to be, but we're also not jacksonville.

and punch, maybe you are making good points, maybe you aren't, but if you think people are going to read 1,900 posts to figure it out, well, no thanks. less volume, more content please.
Where were the Hell were you 113 pages ago?
....Sweet Prophetic Wisdom
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #1397
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,285
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
well, this thread seems to have exploded. I'd like to clear some things up though.

NC is a great bootlicker. every time i get a new pair of boots, i always ask for him by name.

matty is the reason conspiracy theorists exist. roswell - matty, jfk - matty, the great defecator conspiracy of 2004... yep, matty. he's evil.

TAFKATAFKASS - just an all around jerk... and a liar. avoid him.


and once again the reason people are avoiding this thread (or have been) is because it's basically been a 3 way circle jerk about how awful shannahan is and anyone who doesn't want him fired or immediately joins in the bashing is an idiot and an a-hole. it's not like we're never seen a trolled thread before. if this were 3-4 years ago someone would spend the time sorting through every point, but it's just generally easier to ignore people and hope they go away.

and believe it or not, i wasn't super up on getting shanny in the first place, but what's the idea? i've heard del rio mentioned seriously by one of the main culprits here. and he thinks you're the idiot.

i don't know. it's not a great situation, but there's no way he's fired before the year's up and at that point, it depends on how the season plays out and who's available. if there aren't better options, you have to sit. we went through last year without a QB cause the only ones available were matt flynn and gabbert... if we had been as reactionary as some of you guys are suggesting, we'd be an 0-fer team still looking for a QB.

vinny's gone, the team is younger, the offense (when healthy) looks like it'll be pretty good. the defense is a mess and the depth still isn't good, but it is what it is. and I think everyone agrees we're not where we want to be, but we're also not jacksonville.

and punch, maybe you are making good points, maybe you aren't, but if you think people are going to read 1,900 posts to figure it out, well, no thanks. less volume, more content please.
Wow.. 400 pages and it took this long to get a post i actually read. Lol nice man
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #1398
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Before I weigh in on the "Pony" v. "No Pony" debate, I really, really need to know how the mods feel about it. I just don't know what to think until they inform my opinion.

Smootsmack's boots taste like cotton candy.
Hmmm. Thats funny cause his sneakers taste like Candy Apples and his sandals taste like warm soft pretzels. Must spend a lot of time at the carnival. Oh wait....this IS the carnival! Where's the pony's??
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #1399
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,427
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Pretty impressive stats. Even moreso considering Alex Smith is his QB. This is the kind of guy I'm talking about!!! Like you said...no one knew who the hell Joe Gibbs was either and that turned out pretty well. Hire him and some young up and coming DC and we might have something for a long time. Skinsfaniok brought up Chip Kelly. I've heard good things about him also. Know much about him? Does he have any pro experience?
I like Chip Kelly, the only negative about him is he hasn't really developed a QB like Roman. Roman guided David Carr to his best year under him with Houston, Luck at Stanford and was a miracle worker with Alex Smith.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #1400
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

I'd love to see Roman with RG3.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #1401
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't see Gruden leaving ESPN honestly
Me neither. It's a dream job for Gruden, would be for most dudes.

My dream job: sports car reviewer/writer.
The Goat is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #1402
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I like Chip Kelly, the only negative about him is he hasn't really developed a QB like Roman. Roman guided David Carr to his best year under him with Houston, Luck at Stanford and was a miracle worker with Alex Smith.
True but doesn't Roman run more of a dink and dunk offense? I'd think rg3 would rather have that full Playbook. Of course I don't watch much sf games so idk for sure
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #1403
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
well, this thread seems to have exploded. I'd like to clear some things up though.

NC is a great bootlicker. every time i get a new pair of boots, i always ask for him by name.

matty is the reason conspiracy theorists exist. roswell - matty, jfk - matty, the great defecator conspiracy of 2004... yep, matty. he's evil.

TAFKATAFKASS - just an all around jerk... and a liar. avoid him.


and once again the reason people are avoiding this thread (or have been) is because it's basically been a 3 way circle jerk about how awful shannahan is and anyone who doesn't want him fired or immediately joins in the bashing is an idiot and an a-hole. it's not like we're never seen a trolled thread before. if this were 3-4 years ago someone would spend the time sorting through every point, but it's just generally easier to ignore people and hope they go away.

and believe it or not, i wasn't super up on getting shanny in the first place, but what's the idea? i've heard del rio mentioned seriously by one of the main culprits here. and he thinks you're the idiot.

i don't know. it's not a great situation, but there's no way he's fired before the year's up and at that point, it depends on how the season plays out and who's available. if there aren't better options, you have to sit. we went through last year without a QB cause the only ones available were matt flynn and gabbert... if we had been as reactionary as some of you guys are suggesting, we'd be an 0-fer team still looking for a QB.

vinny's gone, the team is younger, the offense (when healthy) looks like it'll be pretty good. the defense is a mess and the depth still isn't good, but it is what it is. and I think everyone agrees we're not where we want to be, but we're also not jacksonville.

and punch, maybe you are making good points, maybe you aren't, but if you think people are going to read 1,900 posts to figure it out, well, no thanks. less volume, more content please.
Who ever once said if you dont bash shanny your an a-hole? Thats just pure nonsense.
Also - i dont expect anybody to read every post by anyone. I know i dont.
I just made 5 posts about a pony? Dont care if they go unnoticed or unappreciated. Not sure how much content i can give pony talk. You are taking what i said out of context. When someone quotes me or mentions me by name and i counter with a good point - that is usually when i hear about my postcount.
This is fun for me - i learn alot on here - and i take it for what it is - football talk amongst fellow redskins fans.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #1404
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,427
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
True but doesn't Roman run more of a dink and dunk offense? I'd think rg3 would rather have that full Playbook. Of course I don't watch much sf games so idk for sure
Was it dink and dunk at Stanford? Not with Luck it wasn't, he reminds me of Gibbs, big OL with punishing RB and a bonus damn good QB. A winning combination
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #1405
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 5,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
True but doesn't Roman run more of a dink and dunk offense? I'd think rg3 would rather have that full Playbook. Of course I don't watch much sf games so idk for sure
I think thats cus Alex Smith has a dink and dunk arm.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #1406
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
True but doesn't Roman run more of a dink and dunk offense? I'd think rg3 would rather have that full Playbook. Of course I don't watch much sf games so idk for sure
I'm guessing but he probably fits the offense to what he has. SF didn't really have much receiver or QB wise to work with in 2011 did they? I mean they did well but Morgan was hurt and Smith hadn't shown alot to that point. He didn't dink and duck with Luck.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #1407
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
I'll give u guys that, Alex Smith obviously is no where near Griffin
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #1408
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,427
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Here's an example of the dink and dunk scores at Stanford in 2010 with Roman and Luck. 2010 Stanford Cardinal Football Schedule
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #1409
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Here's an example of the dink and dunk scores at Stanford in 2010 with Roman and Luck. 2010 Stanford Cardinal Football Schedule
No doubt he did great w luck.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #1410
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

The contrast here is pretty good the last several pages. On the one hand you (still) have fans asking if there's any good/great HC prospects out there, and then when nobody steals the keyboard to answer lol they go on w/ the assumption Shanny just can't be replaced. And the other hand you have a damn fine educational dialogue about some good/great prospects out there. For what it's worth anyone named Roman is badass to the core. Git em!!

I really don't get the hate on Del Rio as a defensive coach. Look what he's done in Denver already. So you give him a stupid fancy title as Asst Head Coach - Defense. Roman is HC. Done. (Trying saying that in a Christopher Walken voice hehe)
The Goat is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31646 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25