Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?
Yes - fire him now 11 6.51%
Wait til after the season to decide 38 22.49%
No 120 71.01%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #1411
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I think thats cus Alex Smith has a dink and dunk arm.
Smith definitely isn't asked to do too much. But then you have playoff games last year where he looked like a PBer. He's a tough one to figure out IMO.
The Goat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #1412
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,359
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Back on topic and posting some info that is very disheartening to hear.


LL ‏@HTTR24_7
1. Haslett will be fired after this season

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
2. Internal discussions on if Raheem should get the job. 3. Some D coaches dont want morris to get the job..want team to go outside org

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
so damn frustrating knowing our defensive coaches are privately worried about who the DC should be NEXT year..not like we have a game sun..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
@jaredkaufman front office is not all on board with Raheem.. split room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
I didn't even get to the offense and defense infighting that's going on.. Wish all this would just get fixed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Aslo on the Pod... #Redskins executive on Shanahan " He is a joke at this point... A real expensive joke"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Source: Snyder made Shanahan backtrack/spin from his "evaluation" comments.. That explains the awkward Monday presser where Dan was mentioned A lot

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Sunday will be the tell all for this team.. I hope they show up and play well to get the victory. A bad showing will increase the drama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
for the record I have been a Shanahan guy since day 1.Still have hope, feel like a kid being told santa isn't real right about now



I think these past couple weeks has changed the game a bit in terms of Mike. If he allows this type of shit to continue on in and it shows on the field, it would be hard to bring him back. Coaches bickering about who's going to be the DC next year when the season isn't even over? Hey assholes, how about planning for the game this Sunday!!! It's like the coaches have given up as well gathering from these tweets. SMH

One thing that I judge coaches on is how the team responds. Sometimes you really can't go by wins, even though it generally reflects exactly how the team is responding. Many times they can respond very well and talent still not be there to win. That said, there was a difference in how the Skins have played the past two games. The team that played against the Falcons and Giants, aren't the same team that played against the Steelers or the Panthers. Same talent, but definitely not the same desire or fire.


We'll know Sunday. If the Skins lose or get blown out, you can expect it to get worse. I think our only chance is if RGIII rallies this team.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/httr-2-...ors-everywhere
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #1413
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

^^^ This stuff is not surprising, right? What did we think is going on behind the scene's for a team - players and coaches (coaches especially) - to be so poorly prepared for gamedays?
The Goat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #1414
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,359
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
^^^ This stuff is not surprising, right? What did we think is going on behind the scene's for a team - players and coaches (coaches especially) - to be so poorly prepared for gamedays?
Did u listen to the radio conversation on the link I posted? Very interesting stuff.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #1415
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Did u listen to the radio conversation on the link I posted? Very interesting stuff.
Yep just about through it. Assuming it's legit I wonder which exec it is? Sometimes I wonder if Jerry Jones (he's an "exec" right?) just makes stupid shit up to mess with Danny Boy lol. Who knows?

Wonder how long this has been brewing too? Team has regressed steadily since the loss to NY...
The Goat is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #1416
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Assuming rumors are legit..

Now we are getting somewhere!
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #1417
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Back on topic and posting some info that is very disheartening to hear.


LL ‏@HTTR24_7
1. Haslett will be fired after this season

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
2. Internal discussions on if Raheem should get the job. 3. Some D coaches dont want morris to get the job..want team to go outside org

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
so damn frustrating knowing our defensive coaches are privately worried about who the DC should be NEXT year..not like we have a game sun..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
@jaredkaufman front office is not all on board with Raheem.. split room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
I didn't even get to the offense and defense infighting that's going on.. Wish all this would just get fixed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Aslo on the Pod... #Redskins executive on Shanahan " He is a joke at this point... A real expensive joke"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Source: Snyder made Shanahan backtrack/spin from his "evaluation" comments.. That explains the awkward Monday presser where Dan was mentioned A lot

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Sunday will be the tell all for this team.. I hope they show up and play well to get the victory. A bad showing will increase the drama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
for the record I have been a Shanahan guy since day 1.Still have hope, feel like a kid being told santa isn't real right about now



I think these past couple weeks has changed the game a bit in terms of Mike. If he allows this type of shit to continue on in and it shows on the field, it would be hard to bring him back. Coaches bickering about who's going to be the DC next year when the season isn't even over? Hey assholes, how about planning for the game this Sunday!!! It's like the coaches have given up as well gathering from these tweets. SMH

One thing that I judge coaches on is how the team responds. Sometimes you really can't go by wins, even though it generally reflects exactly how the team is responding. Many times they can respond very well and talent still not be there to win. That said, there was a difference in how the Skins have played the past two games. The team that played against the Falcons and Giants, aren't the same team that played against the Steelers or the Panthers. Same talent, but definitely not the same desire or fire.


We'll know Sunday. If the Skins lose or get blown out, you can expect it to get worse. I think our only chance is if RGIII rallies this team.
Good stuff. Some I already knew, some I could have pretty easily guessed. Some that doesn't really surprise me, and some that I'm surprised by.

LL/HTTR is good. Really good. He lives the life I used to live...and miss
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #1418
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,828
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Good stuff. Some I already knew, some I could have pretty easily guessed. Some that doesn't really surprise me, and some that I'm surprised by.

LL/HTTR is good. Really good. He lives the life I used to live...and miss
If you miss it, why did you move on?
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #1419
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
If you miss it, why did you move on?
I didn't miss all of it. And I wanted to go on to broader things.

And really I don't know what kind of live he leads, or even who he is. What I know of him he seems like a pretty good dude.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #1420
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Back on topic and posting some info that is very disheartening to hear.


LL ‏@HTTR24_7
1. Haslett will be fired after this season

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
2. Internal discussions on if Raheem should get the job. 3. Some D coaches dont want morris to get the job..want team to go outside org

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
so damn frustrating knowing our defensive coaches are privately worried about who the DC should be NEXT year..not like we have a game sun..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
@jaredkaufman front office is not all on board with Raheem.. split room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
I didn't even get to the offense and defense infighting that's going on.. Wish all this would just get fixed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Aslo on the Pod... #Redskins executive on Shanahan " He is a joke at this point... A real expensive joke"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Source: Snyder made Shanahan backtrack/spin from his "evaluation" comments.. That explains the awkward Monday presser where Dan was mentioned A lot

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
Sunday will be the tell all for this team.. I hope they show up and play well to get the victory. A bad showing will increase the drama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LL ‏@HTTR24_7
for the record I have been a Shanahan guy since day 1.Still have hope, feel like a kid being told santa isn't real right about now



I think these past couple weeks has changed the game a bit in terms of Mike. If he allows this type of shit to continue on in and it shows on the field, it would be hard to bring him back. Coaches bickering about who's going to be the DC next year when the season isn't even over? Hey assholes, how about planning for the game this Sunday!!! It's like the coaches have given up as well gathering from these tweets. SMH

One thing that I judge coaches on is how the team responds. Sometimes you really can't go by wins, even though it generally reflects exactly how the team is responding. Many times they can respond very well and talent still not be there to win. That said, there was a difference in how the Skins have played the past two games. The team that played against the Falcons and Giants, aren't the same team that played against the Steelers or the Panthers. Same talent, but definitely not the same desire or fire.


We'll know Sunday. If the Skins lose or get blown out, you can expect it to get worse. I think our only chance is if RGIII rallies this team.
IF this is correct, Im really surprised Shanny wouldnt have a better grasp on the coaching staff and the environment behind the scenes. If there is infighting, sorry, the locker room is lost. Winning cures all, but...
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #1421
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,391
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think NC Skins is starting to lean against Shanny.. Am I right? lol
now that NC knows that a vote for Shanny is a vote for The Man at the Warpath, he obviously thinks Shanny should go today, and that Shanahan is responsible for all the woes that have befallen the team not related to DSnyder.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #1422
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
^^^ This stuff is not surprising, right? What did we think is going on behind the scene's for a team - players and coaches (coaches especially) - to be so poorly prepared for gamedays?
To this extent....yeah. I knew Haslett had lost the defense. I already posted Mike would lose the team just like he did in Denver. But I didn't know he was being called an expensive joke by in- house execs at this point. Obviously I didn't give people in the FO enough credit. They seem to be catching on quicker than in the past. What a situation for our great young QB to be in.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #1423
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

it's not an in house executive

And we all know who the next HC is going to be
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #1424
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,446
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
it's not an in house executive

And we all know who the next HC is going to be
Lindsey Lohan?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #1425
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Should Mike Shanahan be fired?

Aaron Kromer
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34486 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25