Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #76
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,187
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, he did that in 2010 and...no, it didn't work so well.

Just stop. Give it up. Gibbs hasn't touched this team in 5 years. He's not at all responsible for the mess Shanahan created.
Exactly, it didn't work so well and I didn't like the moves. (the McNabb one anyways) That said, he still didn't piss away the type of draft picks that Gibbs and co did.


Shall I go down the list of draft picks that Gibbs pissed away that could have been talent still on this team? Who needs next years first rounder or 3rd rounder. Let me just trade it to move up into the draft BEFORE the draft has occurred or without knowing who was on the board. Oh ****, lets just give a 4th rounder for a old ass QB that the Jags were going to cut anyways. Hey, lets trade this all-pro CB and a 2nd rounder for a RB. Oh, let me just trade this 3rd rounder for a RB (duckett) who will never amount to crap.

I could go on down the list. Gibbs is a HUGE reason why this team's talent level was so low. Stop glorifying this guy's second stint. He mortgage our future to "win now"...........remember that shit motto? THE FUTURE IS NOW!! The Redskins were one of the oldest teams in the league, and we had little to no depth.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #77
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

I want and expect Mike Shanahan to stay but for the purposes of this thread...I'll say Mike Sherman (who I've said in years past) and Kyle Shanahan (just to piss The Goat off )

I think Sherman had a decent first stint as a head coach and could be one of those guys that could have a great second stint.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #78
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Exactly, it didn't work so well and I didn't like the moves. (the McNabb one anyways) That said, he still didn't piss away the type of draft picks that Gibbs and co did.


Shall I go down the list of draft picks that Gibbs pissed away that could have been talent still on this team? Who needs next years first rounder or 3rd rounder. Let me just trade it to move up into the draft BEFORE the draft has occurred or without knowing who was on the board. Oh ****, lets just give a 4th rounder for a old ass QB that the Jags were going to cut anyways. Hey, lets trade this all-pro CB and a 2nd rounder for a RB. Oh, let me just trade this 3rd rounder for a RB (duckett) who will never amount to crap.

I could go on down the list. Gibbs is a HUGE reason why this team's talent level was so low. Stop glorifying this guy's second stint. He mortgage our future to "win now"...........remember that shit motto? THE FUTURE IS NOW!! The Redskins were one of the oldest teams in the league, and we had little to no depth.
Um, that was Bruce Allen, brah.

I mean, there was certainly a veteran flavor to Gibbs' player acquisition (and a lot of bad personnel moves), but at the end of the day, he flipped the roster in less than two years and won with it. And the core of that team was both strong and young. They could have done better with the draft picks, but after the RG3 trade, Shanahan's not exactly rolling in picks either.

There isn't any plan worse than one that mortgages the future and DOESN'T win.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #79
Registered User
 
Deivybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 129
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Exactly, it didn't work so well and I didn't like the moves. (the McNabb one anyways) That said, he still didn't piss away the type of draft picks that Gibbs and co did.


Shall I go down the list of draft picks that Gibbs pissed away that could have been talent still on this team? Who needs next years first rounder or 3rd rounder. Let me just trade it to move up into the draft BEFORE the draft has occurred or without knowing who was on the board. Oh ****, lets just give a 4th rounder for a old ass QB that the Jags were going to cut anyways. Hey, lets trade this all-pro CB and a 2nd rounder for a RB. Oh, let me just trade this 3rd rounder for a RB (duckett) who will never amount to crap.

I could go on down the list. Gibbs is a HUGE reason why this team's talent level was so low. Stop glorifying this guy's second stint. He mortgage our future to "win now"...........remember that shit motto? THE FUTURE IS NOW!! The Redskins were one of the oldest teams in the league, and we had little to no depth.
you can do the list but fact is the gibbs team was much better than the team we have now even in 04 we had a very good team that just had a poor QB and OL. Shanny drafted people but the nest one so far is rg3 and morris and kerrigan every one else not so mich. O and trent williams.
Deivybaby is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #80
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I want and expect Mike Shanahan to stay but for the purposes of this thread...I'll say Mike Sherman (who I've said in years past) and Kyle Shanahan (just to piss The Goat off )

I think Sherman had a decent first stint as a head coach and could be one of those guys that could have a great second stint.
Prophecy?
RGIII is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #81
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Can you imagine the Redskins offense as called by Chip Kelly? I mean, we'd put up 45 PPG.
2 words; Steve Spurrier.

They said the same thing when we hired him as a head coach.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #82
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
2 words; Steve Spurrier.

They said the same thing when we hired him as a head coach.
But he just brought in players who he coached at Florida.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #83
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

SS beat me too it, but I would say KS. We don't know how he would handle defense, but I believe he could do a good or great job as a HC. You have to believe that he saw with clearer eyes how his dad's defenses have struggled, and I think he probably has some ideas on how to get over that hump. Don't know that it would ever work in any way other than MS retiring and handing the job over to KS. But that is who I would want.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #84
Registered User
 
Deivybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 129
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I want and expect Mike Shanahan to stay but for the purposes of this thread...I'll say Mike Sherman (who I've said in years past) and Kyle Shanahan (just to piss The Goat off )

I think Sherman had a decent first stint as a head coach and could be one of those guys that could have a great second stint.
Smoot any uodates that might interest us. Id like sherman too.
Deivybaby is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #85
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
SS beat me too it, but I would say KS. We don't know how he would handle defense, but I believe he could do a good or great job as a HC. You have to believe that he saw with clearer eyes how his dad's defenses have struggled, and I think he probably has some ideas on how to get over that hump. Don't know that it would ever work in any way other than MS retiring and handing the job over to KS. But that is who I would want.
I actually agree on Kyle, but I'd be willing to let him get that opportunity elsewhere. This team needs to focus more on sensability right now and less on continuity.

But yeah, I think Kyle is a good bet to win more games as a HC rest of career than Mike is.

Kyle might coach the Chargers next year. I could see that.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #86
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,386
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Kyle is going to get his shot sooner or later, why not here? I think he has a good working relationship with RG3. I wouldn't be against it down the road.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #87
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Smoot what are you hearing about Haslett? Does he finish the season; Do they have a plan to replace him with someone else? Who would that be?
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #88
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Kyle is going to get his shot sooner or later, why not here? I think he has a good working relationship with RG3. I wouldn't be against it down the road.
I'd love it.

However, as you and I both know...
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #89
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Smoot what are you hearing about Haslett? Does he finish the season; Do they have a plan to replace him with someone else? Who would that be?
Yes, Yes, TBD
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #90
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Our Next Head Coach Should Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Smoot any uodates that might interest us. Id like sherman too.
Too soon to say anything..but go North
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27715 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25