Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Haslett be fired?
Yes, do it now 46 33.09%
Wait til after the season 68 48.92%
No 25 17.99%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 AM   #271
Impact Rookie
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 31
Posts: 811
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'll be the first one to do a little bit of this tonight...



I just hope we can carry this defense to next week's game.
I'd like to be 2nd in line, helluva job during this ride! Nicely played Haslett, nicely played!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #272
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

While the injury situation has been much overstated (here mostly), Haslett earned another year or two based on the improvement since the bye week.

Honestly, I'm not sure the defense will be that much improved with Carriker and Rak. Carriker is a bit long in the tooth and will likely face a long recovery to his old self, if he gets there at all. Rob Jackson may work in our system better than Rak, which shouldn't surprise. Rak is a hand in the dirt pure rusher, and we might be wise to seek a trade in the off-season. All parties could benefit in a good deal.

Upgraded safeties and especially a monster nose tackle are still the shortest path to an elite defense. It would be fantastic if the NT could be homegrown (Nield or Baker).
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #273
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,571
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

The thing with defense is that in today's NFL you dont need a great D to win, you need a decent D combined with a good offense. The biggest difference with the Skins this year is that they can score points. The NFL is an offense first league and now the Skins have an offense that can put up points combined with a D that can get the job done. The Skins will be a dangerous team in the playoffs.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #274
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Ok, I was clearly wrong. Great job to Haz for the 2nd half of this season and especially tonight.

Bring this man back!
I bet you couldn't be happier about being wrong though!

I'm on board. Bring Haz back.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #275
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Haslett would be snatched up in New York minute if the Redskins fired him.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #276
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Jim Haslett as Redskins' 'mad scientist' - NFC East Blog - ESPN
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #277
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,426
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

I'll eat some crow because I didn't think this guy was going to fix the issues with the defense. Granted, I didn't blame it all on him, but his scheme was lacking and he failed at in game adjustments. It seems to me that he stopped using that crappy zone defense and went more of a man to man. Last night's game plan was immaculate. I think the defense has (at times) outplayed the offense these past 7 games. There was only one play call (defensively) that pissed me off. That was the goal line defense where he decided to rush only 3 and drop the rest in coverage. Thereby giving Romo 8+ seconds to find a open Witten.


That said, I'm still not sold on Haslett, and feel that we can find a better 3-4 DC out there. I will say Jim has done a great job these past few weeks, and think that this defense could be better with upgrades in the secondary. I won't be mad if he's dismissed, nor will I be if he's brought back on.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #278
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'll eat some crow because I didn't think this guy was going to fix the issues with the defense. Granted, I didn't blame it all on him, but his scheme was lacking and he failed at in game adjustments. It seems to me that he stopped using that crappy zone defense and went more of a man to man. Last night's game plan was immaculate. I think the defense has (at times) outplayed the offense these past 7 games. There was only one play call (defensively) that pissed me off. That was the goal line defense where he decided to rush only 3 and drop the rest in coverage. Thereby giving Romo 8+ seconds to find a open Witten.


That said, I'm still not sold on Haslett, and feel that we can find a better 3-4 DC out there. I will say Jim has done a great job these past few weeks, and think that this defense could be better with upgrades in the secondary. I won't be mad if he's dismissed, nor will I be if he's brought back on.
This pretty much sums up the way I feel. At one time I really liked Haslett as a player, coordinator and coach, after many failures due to the same reason I disliked him. I hope he's able to sustain what he's doing and not deviate from the plan like in the past.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #279
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Didn't think Haslett could pull this off. He's earned his job back if this good play by the D continues.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #280
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The thing with defense is that in today's NFL you dont need a great D to win, you need a decent D combined with a good offense. The biggest difference with the Skins this year is that they can score points. The NFL is an offense first league and now the Skins have an offense that can put up points combined with a D that can get the job done. The Skins will be a dangerous team in the playoffs.
Does reflect reality. The Giants and Steelers had elite defenses with above average offense, and beat teams with elite offense and lesser defenses. You could try to make your argument with the Packers, but that defense was playing elite for the SB run.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #281
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,365
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'll eat some crow because I didn't think this guy was going to fix the issues with the defense. Granted, I didn't blame it all on him, but his scheme was lacking and he failed at in game adjustments. It seems to me that he stopped using that crappy zone defense and went more of a man to man. Last night's game plan was immaculate. I think the defense has (at times) outplayed the offense these past 7 games. There was only one play call (defensively) that pissed me off. That was the goal line defense where he decided to rush only 3 and drop the rest in coverage. Thereby giving Romo 8+ seconds to find a open Witten.


That said, I'm still not sold on Haslett, and feel that we can find a better 3-4 DC out there. I will say Jim has done a great job these past few weeks, and think that this defense could be better with upgrades in the secondary. I won't be mad if he's dismissed, nor will I be if he's brought back on.
Yeah that call pissed me off too. You just can't give any QB that long to find an open guy and it's unfair to ask your guys to cover for that long. I didn't even blame Riley on the TD, that's on the coaches. But Haslett has earned the right to come back. Let's remember he's doing this without his best pash rusher and some serious question marks in the secondary.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #282
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah that call pissed me off too. You just can't give any QB that long to find an open guy and it's unfair to ask your guys to cover for that long. I didn't even blame Riley on the TD, that's on the coaches. But Haslett has earned the right to come back. Let's remember he's doing this without his best pash rusher and some serious question marks in the secondary.
He learned from that call though. Don't think I saw another rush with less them 4 men for the rest of the game.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #283
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

We gotta finish the season, but the big question is are their any better coaches out their right now defense wise. Out of all the coaches fired/available? If that answer is no then we stick with Haslett. If there is I'd hope Haslett gets looked at for a HCing job or simply cut/fire him. However... MS is a loyal HC. Denver fired him cause he refused to fire his DC back then and replace him.

So unless Haslett gets offered a job as HC somewhere I don't see him going anywhere. Unfortunately.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #284
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah that call pissed me off too. You just can't give any QB that long to find an open guy and it's unfair to ask your guys to cover for that long. I didn't even blame Riley on the TD, that's on the coaches. But Haslett has earned the right to come back. Let's remember he's doing this without his best pash rusher and some serious question marks in the secondary.
I'll give you the secondary issues. Best pass rusher must go to Kerrigan. I love Orakpo like every other fanatic fan but Kerrigan has played better and gotten more sacks. But if both were playing together this defense would be 100 X better.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #285
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll give you the secondary issues. Best pass rusher must go to Kerrigan. I love Orakpo like every other fanatic fan but Kerrigan has played better and gotten more sacks. But if both were playing together this defense would be 100 X better.
Kerrigan has 16 sacks in his first two seasons, Orakpo had 19.5 in his first two.

Agreed our pass rush would be much better with them both in there.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33971 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25