Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Haslett be fired?
Yes, do it now 46 33.09%
Wait til after the season 68 48.92%
No 25 17.99%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #121
Camp Scrub
 
skinsfanmdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I don't see the point in switching now, and I seriously doubt it will happen. Shanahan came here with the intent of having a 3-4 defense. I don't think he's going to give up on that.
Hey Mat or Smot. I was listening to 980 and they are talking about Shanny. One thing that got me is they said if shanny leaves the possibility of cerrato coming back. I spazzed out... In your opinion how would you react if that happened. If that did happended I would be done with this team. If the 980host said "I would be done with this team".
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #122
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,979
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I don't see the point in switching now, and I seriously doubt it will happen. Shanahan came here with the intent of having a 3-4 defense. I don't think he's going to give up on that.
when you look at our numbers, our rushing defense is very solid, even with our injuried players out-which says our scheme works. If we revamped our secondary with a new starter at FS, Merriweather at SS, J Wilson at 2nd CB, new #1 CB, and a round 2 or 3 CB or Crawford at the Nickle with both Orakpo and underrated Carriker back in the line up rushing the passer...I think we see a defense in the top half of the league, maybe a top ten.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #123
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,393
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

I see no point in switching to a 4-3 either. We've been drafting for the 3-4 and it can be very effective with the right personell and coaching.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #124
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,125
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

who is talking about switching back to a 4-3?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #125
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,385
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanmdc View Post
Hey Mat or Smot. I was listening to 980 and they are talking about Shanny. One thing that got me is they said if shanny leaves the possibility of cerrato coming back. I spazzed out... In your opinion how would you react if that happened. If that did happended I would be done with this team. If the 980host said "I would be done with this team".
I don't think Snyder would be that dumb.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #126
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,979
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
who is talking about switching back to a 4-3?
well its in the discussion if we get a new defensive coridnator. Its pretty much a given Haslett is gone after the season. So if we hire someone who runs a 4-3, obvious it would set us back do to personel. Its a legit question.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #127
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,125
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
well its in the discussion if we get a new defensive coridnator. Its pretty much a given Haslett is gone after the season. So if we hire someone who runs a 4-3, obvious it would set us back do to personel. Its a legit question.
i think shanny is committed to the 3-4, can't see him bringing someone in to run a 4-3.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #128
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
when you look at our numbers, our rushing defense is very solid, even with our injuried players out-which says our scheme works. If we revamped our secondary with a new starter at FS, Merriweather at SS, J Wilson at 2nd CB, new #1 CB, and a round 2 or 3 CB or Crawford at the Nickle with both Orakpo and underrated Carriker back in the line up rushing the passer...I think we see a defense in the top half of the league, maybe a top ten.
Couldn't agree more and when it's all in place the Offense will also look even better.

Hate saying 'Next year', but that's the way it's headed.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #129
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,125
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Couldn't agree more and when it's all in place the Offense will also look even better.

Hate saying 'Next year', but that's the way it's headed.
i'm already on 2014 w the cap penalties, any success before then is a welcome surprise.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #130
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Prove it
The contracts of Cofield, Bowen, Merriwether, Garcon and Morgan together are greater than Haynesworth, no?

You can give Cofield the benefit of the doubt, which I do, and say he's out of position.

The rest is just blah. Guys that for one reason or another don't contribute much, but the overarching theme is we spent a wad of cash on high-risk/uncertain reward type players. Garcon and Morgan have done nothing in their careers up to this point to justify what they were given. I don't care that another franchise may have given them the same. How are those franchises doing btw? The Niners clearly let Morgan walk, and appear to be better off because of it, no?

In short, Mike's FA moves overall have been a gigantic failure, as were Cerrato's. It's the reaction (talking about fans here) that's been different, but again I don't suspect it will last much longer.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #131
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I wish I could find the article I read about how we play the Steelers defense......but not the way they play it. They usually start out pretty basic and then bring on disquised blitzes etc. And they are very good at disquising what they're doing. With Hasletts defense they rarely fool anyone and without that our defense is pretty easy to read. The Steelers offense was a step or two ahead of us all day. Haslett may know the 3-4 but he definitely doesn't have the creativity to get the most out of it.
I remember that read, it was excellent.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #132
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,125
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The contracts of Cofield, Bowen, Merriwether, Garcon and Morgan together are greater than Haynesworth, no?

You can give Cofield the benefit of the doubt, which I do, and say he's out of position.

The rest is just blah. Guys that for one reason or another don't contribute much, but the overarching theme is we spent a wad of cash on high-risk/uncertain reward type players. Garcon and Morgan have done nothing in their careers up to this point to justify what they were given. I don't care that another franchise may have given them the same. How are those franchises doing btw? The Niners clearly let Morgan walk, and appear to be better off because of it, no?

In short, Mike's FA moves overall have been a gigantic failure, as were Cerrato's. It's the reaction (talking about fans here) that's been different, but again I don't suspect it will last much longer.
bowen is an animal
i wouldn't say morgan is playing below his contract
meriweather just isn't playing
garcon isn't living up to his, but i don't fault him for that (this is the first time he has missed more than 2 games in a season)
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #133
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,049
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There's no clear choice to replace him now. So wait until the end of the season and get...
Agreed... until we have a good choice of 3-4 coach to replace him we are stuck with him...
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #134
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i'm already on 2014 w the cap penalties, any success before then is a welcome surprise.
I have changed in the last few seasons, since Gibbs Ver. 2.0.

Long view, hard as it is to maintain as a fan. With RGIII we now have a great (possibly the greatest, potential-wise) QB to build around.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #135
Special Teams
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 119
re: Hey Ho, Haslett has to go! (or maybe not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Wives like to talk about their husbands sometimes, that's how I know. And it's players that matter
IF thats really the case then he has to go . . . simple as that . . .
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28662 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25