Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #121
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If there's a college i like, it would be Stanford's David Shaw. He's was flying low under the radar, Stanford beating Oregon just put him into the spotlight. Last year he had Andrew Luck. This year they lost many key players from last year, including making a QB switch 2 weeks ago.
He doesn't seem like that discipline kind of coach; the kind of coach that can get all his players in line.

He seems a little too young.

He's also winning with all of Jim Harbaughs guys, he needs to be in college longer.

Also I'm not high on someone who had the best QB in the country (or top 2) in Andrew Luck, and he had 3 chances to beat OKST in that bowl game, yet he goes with his unconfident kicker all 3 times... Not the kind of guy that should be considered to the redskins.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #122
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,248
Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
He doesn't seem like that discipline kind of coach; the kind of coach that can get all his players in line.

He seems a little too young.

He's also winning with all of Jim Harbaughs guys, he needs to be in college longer.

Also I'm not high on someone who had the best QB in the country (or top 2) in Andrew Luck, and he had 3 chances to beat OKST in that bowl game, yet he goes with his unconfident kicker all 3 times... Not the kind of guy that should be considered to the redskins.
Did you read my previous post? Redshirt freshman starting at QB, lost countless of players to NFL draft (Luck, Decastro, Martin, Fleener) and guess who won the game last night? Yes, the unconfident kicker. How about that?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #123
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,248
Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
History shows that college coaches (with no NFL background) simply do not do well in the league. Different game. The only college coach that's been successful has been Jimmy Johnson. Even then, he couldn't duplicate that success at Miami. Even the "great" Nick Saban was a bust in the NFL.
How is Greg Schiano doing?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #124
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,869
Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Greg Schiano had NFL experience as an assistant
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #125
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,248
Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Greg Schiano had NFL experience as an assistant
So does Shaw, 9 years which is more than Schiano.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #126
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Did you read my previous post? Redshirt freshman starting at QB, lost countless of players to NFL draft (Luck, Decastro, Martin, Fleener) and guess who won the game last night? Yes, the unconfident kicker. How about that?
One game. That defense won them the game. And that okst game that kicker was awful. It didn't take a college coach to figure out he sucked and didn't have any confidence that game. Time my friend, time will tell if David is true lay worthy of being an nfl coach.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #127
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,253
Re: If Shanny's Not Your Man, Then What Is Your Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
History shows that college coaches (with no NFL background) simply do not do well in the league. Different game. The only college coach that's been successful has been Jimmy Johnson. Even then, he couldn't duplicate that success at Miami. Even the "great" Nick Saban was a bust in the NFL.
This always happens because the head coaches jump right into the NFL without having been a defensive or offensive coordinator prior to becoming an NFL head coach. Most coaches in the NFL in the last 40 years were coordinators before they were head coaches. Jimmy Johnson was able to do it because of the dynamic players that Dallas had on offense during that era and a solid defense. Jim Harbaugh, who like Johnson also made the transition from college to the NFL without being a coordinator has been doing a remarkable job in SF.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.18134 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25