Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Defensive Parts

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #76
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,116
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
That chart or report doesn't mean anything. Fletcher is still playing the same way he's been playing since he became a Redskin.
No he is not, and you clearly are not watching the games. That much is evident.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #77
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,442
Love #59 but he's clearly slipping. He's missed a lot of tackles this year.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #78
Special Teams
 
Bishop Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 135
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Love #59 but he's clearly slipping. He's missed a lot of tackles this year.
I'm afraid to say it but this could be his last year, as a Redskin.

It figures I've been searching for years to get his jersey when I finally do its after he starts slipping. Not that I care. Londons been a great player and I'm still going to rock it!
__________________
I don't have to sell my soul
he's already in me
I don't need to sell my soul
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #79
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Love #59 but he's clearly slipping. He's missed a lot of tackles this year.
+ he's been getting eaten up by TE's in coverage, since the NO game other teams have noticed and are exploiting it.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #80
Camp Scrub
 
HTTR247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
All of a sudden Fletcher isn't good anymore? I've been seeing people say that around here for the past few weeks. Fletcher has 73 tackles in 9 games which puts him on pace for him to have as many tackles as he had in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I see absolutely no drop off whatsoever from him.
London is not having a very good year. In 2011 he was rated the #8 inside LB and had 14 missed tackles in 16 games. In 2012 Fletch has 14 missed tackles in 9 games so expect that number to climb over the next 7 games.

In coverage he was targeted 54 times in 1033 snaps,2012 he has been targeted 55 times in 607 snaps. Offenses have found great success throwing against him getting Tight Ends matched up against him.

London is also dealing with the hammy issue and vertigo which do not help his play.

If London was 28 or 29 you might chalk it up to a bad year and expect a rebound, at 37 usually you decline rather than improve. Fletchs contract is structured so the team can move on this off season pretty easily so we will see what happens.

No shame in declining production at 37 years old either. Hell of a career but signs are there its coming to a end.
HTTR247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #81
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR247 View Post
London is not having a very good year. In 2011 he was rated the #8 inside LB and had 14 missed tackles in 16 games. In 2012 Fletch has 14 missed tackles in 9 games so expect that number to climb over the next 7 games.

In coverage he was targeted 54 times in 1033 snaps,2012 he has been targeted 55 times in 607 snaps. Offenses have found great success throwing against him getting Tight Ends matched up against him.

London is also dealing with the hammy issue and vertigo which do not help his play.

If London was 28 or 29 you might chalk it up to a bad year and expect a rebound, at 37 usually you decline rather than improve. Fletchs contract is structured so the team can move on this off season pretty easily so we will see what happens.

No shame in declining production at 37 years old either. Hell of a career but signs are there its coming to a end.
Welcome
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #82
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,710
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
He was a stand up OLB buddy. They would blitz him.
Ok man, if that helps you sleep at night.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #83
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,102
Re: Defensive Parts

I can't begin to imagine Fletcher not playing in middle LB or inside LB for the Redskins.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #84
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
All of a sudden Fletcher isn't good anymore? I've been seeing people say that around here for the past few weeks. Fletcher has 73 tackles in 9 games which puts him on pace for him to have as many tackles as he had in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I see absolutely no drop off whatsoever from him.
He's looked a bit slower, missed a few tackles he would have made last year, and been trucked a time or two. It's one of two things, either the nagging health issues (balance, hammy) are effecting him or they're excuses for London finally aging.

Either way, it's not the precipitous decline some bellyache about. Looks pretty gradual to me. Given the fact we NEED big talent infusions at RT, and three of four secondary spots I don't think ILB should be a real priority given the limited resources we have.

Fletcher could also be helped significantly by a better scheme. He's still one of the top three pure MLBs in football.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #85
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Im sorry but orakpo... gets held every time he rushes and he also only has like one move (which he vowed to work in but did not) and he's not as effective as everyone thinks ... maybe if he recovers 100% he will be who we want him to be but in this vanilla ass scheme and defense... he hasnt.been, since his rookie year, and wont be... the player everyone thinks he is..n believe me it was hard for me to come to grips with this i love rak ... but he's just not elite
You're right imo, but I'll say this...Orakpo will make a better RDE in the 4-3.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #86
Camp Scrub
 
HTTR247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Welcome
Appreciate it
HTTR247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #87
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Defensive Parts

Maybe now I can finally retire. Matty won't let me yet
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #88
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
If you go then this site goes; your the information and a main reason why a lot of people, like myself, are here
Thanks but there are others who can provide info. Plus, the site was around long before I got here and will be here after I go. And off-site I've moved further and further away from the Redskins over the years so it actually takes a lot more digging. And I've burned a few bridges in the process. And, sometimes I'd just like to talk Skins and give an opinion w/o the assumption it's some "inside info"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #89
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Defensive Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thanks but there are others who can provide info. Plus, the site was around long before I got here and will be here after I go. And off-site I've moved further and further away from the Redskins over the years so it actually takes a lot more digging. And I've burned a few bridges in the process. And, sometimes I'd just like to talk Skins and give an opinion w/o the assumption it's some "inside info"
Why not stick around and do that?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #90
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Defensive Parts

If only it were so simple. You don't know how many PMs I get. "Hey man, why'd you say you think Kedric Golston's getting cut. Did you hear something?" "Hey SS, so what's the word on Haslett. I saw you said he wasn't even the first choice. Tell me"

Woe is me.

Anyhow, that's neither here nor there
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27242 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25