Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #121
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Well you.kinda took NC out of context to be a smart ass and thought sarcastically adding a player in who died while still a part of the team wojld add context to your point..

Still just as bad. Hightower would be in Washington if he didnt blow out his knee. Helu would at the least be our off pace back which is basically a starter in the NFL.
Bucket did you just jump in to defend NC Skins because you typically love to rip me any chance you get or are you actually following the post?
I am not and will not at any point sit here and say that the Redskins injury woes are greater than any other team who has ever won anything because Roy Helu is on the IR. Helu was not great last year imo. If you think he was that is fine. And no invoking Sean Taylors name because I am referencing current starters who are not playing on the team is not "just as bad" as "joking about his death. Not even close.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #122
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
interesting how we celebrate wins around here
You know its the same handful of negative Nancy's around here that add more "this sucks, we suck, blah blah blah.. talk no matter what.

Im glad we won. I believe in our direction. I look forward to winning Thursday and keep watching the tears from the haters flow.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #123
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Bucket did you just jump in to defend NC Skins because you typically love to rip me any chance you get or are you actually following the post?
I am not and will not at any point sit here and say that the Redskins injury woes are greater than any other team who has ever won anything because Roy Helu is on the IR. Helu was not great last year imo. If you think he was that is fine. And no invoking Sean Taylors name because I am referencing current starters who are not playing on the team is not "just as bad" as "joking about his death. Not even close.
So... 640 yards rushing, 400 receiving, and 3TDs in 2/3 a season as a rookie is not very good?

Interesting.. Whatever you say man. I dont even think you believe what you say sometimes. You just post nonsense because you are bored.

Me and NC Skins disagree more then Me and you, but your efficiency of being wrong is way higher then NC
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #124
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
So... 640 yards rushing, 400 receiving, and 3TDs in 2/3 a season as a rookie is not very good?

Interesting.. Whatever you say man. I dont even think you believe what you say sometimes. You just post nonsense because you are bored.

Me and NC Skins disagree more then Me and you, but your efficiency of being wrong is way higher then NC
You got it man. Thanks for keeping it real around here.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #125
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,426
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Really? Smart ass. Jack ass? Wow? Why because we disagree? Were u being a smart ass when you mentioned Hightower as a missing starter? Take it down a notch. Its football talk. Matty seems to disagree with you too but why such hostility twards me?
Matty isn't being a smart ass either. I wasn't serious about counting Hightower, which is why he wasn't on that list I produced. Even with Helu off the list, it's still 7 starters. Garcon is pretty much done for. At this point, I'd rather go back talking about the merits of firing/keeping shanny.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #126
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Helu was impressive last year and I was expecting bigger things for this year, unfortunately the Achilles injury screwed him up. If you guys think Helu is no good, you better have your head checked.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #127
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Matty isn't being a smart ass either. I wasn't serious about counting Hightower, which is why he wasn't on that list I produced. Even with Helu off the list, it's still 7 starters. Garcon is pretty much done for. At this point, I'd rather go back talking about the merits of firing/keeping shanny.
We could talk about Obama. That will make us both happy.
I hope you are wrong about Garcon btw. I think even at 60 percent which could be 70-80 at some point that he has to be accounted for when on the field and that opens it up for Moss/ Robinson to have big games like Sunday.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #128
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,444
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
interesting how we celebrate wins around here
I said it before and I will say it again: F yeah, we spanked those lame parakeets. It was arguably our best division win in some time.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #129
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Helu was impressive last year and I was expecting bigger things for this year, unfortunately the Achilles injury screwed him up. If you guys think Helu is no good, you better have your head checked.
Only me and Matty referenced Helu to point out he was not going to probably start over Almo. This whole argument started and was centered around "starters" out for the year. I said to NC if you count Helu as a starter than you have to rethink your statement anout the Giants missing two starters last year. My problem with Helu is not potential it is durability. From the moment he was drafted his durability and ability to "carry the load" was a question mark. Would he be a better third down change of pace back than Royster - yes. Do i think he is on the "soft" side - yes. Sorry.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #130
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,426
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We could talk about Obama. That will make us both happy.
I hope you are wrong about Garcon btw. I think even at 60 percent which could be 70-80 at some point that he has to be accounted for when on the field and that opens it up for Moss/ Robinson to have big games like Sunday.
I think I read somebody's tweet that he ran 7 routes Sunday.


Why is he even in the game? It's stupid. Just IR the guy and move on. No sense of making it worse (as he already did before). This is one of my grips with the training staff on how they've handled Garcon.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #131
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Only me and Matty referenced Helu to point out he was not going to probably start over Almo. This whole argument started and was centered around "starters" out for the year. I said to NC if you count Helu as a starter than you have to rethink your statement anout the Giants missing two starters last year. My problem with Helu is not potential it is durability. From the moment he was drafted his durability and ability to "carry the load" was a question mark. Would he be a better third down change of pace back than Royster - yes. Do i think he is on the "soft" side - yes. Sorry.
I like all 3, including Royster. In order for Royster to be successful you have to give him the ball more, he needs to warm up before he gets going.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #132
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,639
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Helu was impressive last year and I was expecting bigger things for this year, unfortunately the Achilles injury screwed him up. If you guys think Helu is no good, you better have your head checked.
I like Helu.

Morris has been more impressive in his rookie year though.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #133
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 5,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think I read somebody's tweet that he ran 7 routes Sunday.


Why is he even in the game? It's stupid. Just IR the guy and move on. No sense of making it worse (as he already did before). This is one of my grips with the training staff on how they've handled Garcon.
I remember him being on the field definitely for one of the scores. I think two. I agree 100 percent that they bought him back to fast the first time. Dont know enough about the injury or the severity of his in particular to know whether i would sit him at this point. If he is running those routes with any sort of crispness than let him draw attention. If Hank would become the wr i hoped he would have than it might not be necessary to have Garcon on the field - even as a decoy of sorts. Short week of rest for him too - maybe they limited his action because of the short week. Especially once we were up big?
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #134
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,426
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I like Helu.

Morris has been more impressive in his rookie year though.
Yeah, but do you think he would have had near the success he's had this year if he didn't have the type of weapons we do this year? (especially RGIII) Still boils down to Helu being able to stay healthy, which he doesn't seem to be able to.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #135
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,639
Re: Brandon Meriweather, You Big Tease (Injury News)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Yeah, but do you think he would have had near the success he's had this year if he didn't have the type of weapons we do this year? (especially RGIII) Still boils down to Helu being able to stay healthy, which he doesn't seem to be able to.
Morris runs harder and is more decisive, he's the ideal back for this offense.

Helu would be perfect as a change of pace. Gotta stay healthy though as you say.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31838 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25